Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChattanooGATOR, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 25 guests

Pease To Kentucky?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Pease To Kentucky?

Postby The RH Factor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would mean in 2013, we would have our fourth offensive coordinator in four years.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Re: Pease To Kentucky?

Postby cuuf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Nope not going to make a lateral move to a place where coaches go to end their careers.
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Pease isn't going to Kintucky.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby StreetFightingGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

There are better candidates out there right now than Pease. Of course, hiring a Gator coordinator seems to be the golden rule in college football head coach searches, so we shall see. With all due respect to Pease, however, not many guys get hired for a head job when their passing offense is nearly dead last among all FBS programs.

Yes, he brought some nifty plays with him from Boise but from a pure production standpoint he hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard or the box score.

I'm more worried about losing Quinn. He has clearly produced a formidable unit and I'm sure it won't be too much longer before he gets hired away from us.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatormandan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:There are better candidates out there right now than Pease. Of course, hiring a Gator coordinator seems to be the golden rule in college football head coach searches, so we shall see. With all due respect to Pease, however, not many guys get hired for a head job when their passing offense is nearly dead last among all FBS programs.

Yes, he brought some nifty plays with him from Boise but from a pure production standpoint he hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard or the box score.

I'm more worried about losing Quinn. He has clearly produced a formidable unit and I'm sure it won't be too much longer before he gets hired away from us.

This.
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Absolutely agree that Quinn would likely be a much more attractive candidate right now.
oxrageous

Postby GulfG8r » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:There are better candidates out there right now than Pease. Of course, hiring a Gator coordinator seems to be the golden rule in college football head coach searches, so we shall see. With all due respect to Pease, however, not many guys get hired for a head job when their passing offense is nearly dead last among all FBS programs.

Saban has hung onto Kirby Smart for as long as he's been at Alabama. Makes one wonder how, seeing they've won 2 NCs in the last 3 years.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Mostly because Smart is too Smart to go somewhere like tinerc, kintucky, or cowbell.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby StreetFightingGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:45 pm

GulfG8r wrote:

Saban has hung onto Kirby Smart for as long as he's been at Alabama. Makes one wonder how, seeing they've won 2 NCs in the last 3 years.

Smart wants to be the HBC at Jawja. I think he's content to bide his time as Saban's apprentice until that job opens up. If the Poodles get pounded again in the SECCG then the pressure on Richt to bring home a title is going to continue to build. I'm only guessing but I think Smart is banking on the fact that at some point UGA is going to oust him in favor of someone who can lead them to the promised land.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby jjGator68 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

While it makes sense for K.Smart to go to Georgia---when he left there he said M. Richt was soft. Just because he was right, doesn't mean he will be forgiven and welcomed back.

And M.Richt will be at georgia a while longer as he has the key to success: play a bunch of weak opponents so your win/loss % is good, once every couple of years upset a higher ranked opponent, recruit great players but don't require much of them, stay semi-comatose and speak softly---then it's ok to underperform.
jjGator68
Redshirt Gator

Postby BSJGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:
GulfG8r wrote:

Smart wants to be the HBC at Jawja. I think he's content to bide his time as Saban's apprentice until that job opens up. If the Poodles get pounded again in the SECCG then the pressure on Richt to bring home a title is going to continue to build. I'm only guessing but I think Smart is banking on the fact that at some point UGA is going to oust him in favor of someone who can lead them to the promised land.

Makes me wonder why the chattering classes think the answer would be Kirby Smart? :rolleyes:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Georgia is in coaching purgatory I'll give you that. Richt is good enough to get them 10 win seasons, a win over us on occasion, and every so often a trip to Atlanta. But he's not an elite coach. I really think that the win over us helped save his job though. Nobody in Athens is in love with Richt, but he's been "pretty good" which is why they can't fire him. Had he lost to us, his seat would have been pretty warm going into the off-season.

True, they will likely go to Atlanta but they are going to get seal-clubbed by Alabama. And they know it! Bottom line, the boosters at Jawja are just begging for a reason to fire up the campaign to get rid of Richt. And let's face it, back-to-back beatdowns in Atlanta aren't going to endear him any further to anyone.

With Smart's pedigree and more importantly championship credentials, the leghumpers would love to bring Smart back between the eyesores, er, I mean poison oak bushes.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Well let's not be greedy but think like some employees do. I have a job that I enjoy, am paid a good amount to do it, enjoy where I live etc. Why (except for a large ego) would I want a job that is a lot of trouble, more work some of which I don't really like, and generally is only good for more money. Most folks don't spend the large sums that great assistants get so why bother.

Now this is not for everyone but for some.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Pease would be an idiot to take that job. Nobody has won there since the Bear
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby snowrayster » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:36 pm

The RH Factor wrote:Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would mean in 2013, we would have our fourth offensive coordinator in four years.

Why don't you go to Kentucky and save us all the typing!!!
Living at 5468 feet up!

"Revenge is a kind of wild justice."
Francis Bacon

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning
snowrayster
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky went after Jimbo Fisher, and he accepted, opting to get out of that hell-hole in Tallahassee.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 pm

DCflorida wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky went after Jimbo Fisher, and he accepted, opting to get out of that hell-hole in Tallahassee.

There is no way Fisher (or anyone for that matter) goes from FSU to Kentucky :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

hopefully Kirby Smart goes to Kentucky
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Who ever they get it will be someone we haven't really heard much about.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator-DNA » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Richt will be on the hot seat next year, he's due. It will take 2 subpar years to get him out.
Smart will still be at Bama, possibly winning 2 more NC's. Saban will be considering retirement (what else is left to accomplish?). There will be a bidding war between Bama and UGA for Smart's services. Not sure where he'll end up, but the expectations as a Saban disciple will be astronomical. Whichever team misses on Smart will be stuck with a ho-hum hire, causing a downfall of FSU proportions on the program.
Pease's stock took a hit this year, it will take him 2yrs to restore before he's considered a hot commodity again.
Muschamp will be overachieving blue collar style while watching the empire fall. Dominance will again be ours.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum