Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Homer J, MSNbot Media, NCOGator, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 80 guests

our offense is OFFENSIVE!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

our offense is OFFENSIVE!

Postby BufordGator2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am

Folks;

after digesting yet another woeful effort on offense this past Saturday I watched the recaps of other games across the country and saw TONS of stud wide receivers making great catches for small schools to large ones all over the country. We have had issues at this positon for several years now; WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Their must be stud wide outs to recruit in FLA!!??

CAN WE JUST NOT PICK THE RIGHT ONES!?

this is really tough to accept!

comments?!
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Re: our offense is OFFENSIVE!

Postby Zambo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

I'd reply in this thread but I think it would be better to start another thread. You can read my answer there.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

Terrible job at recruiting by the last staff. 3 straight years of awful downfield passing will get you hardly anyone that wants to come in and play WR. We have 4 WR commits at the moment and we'll see if they turn out.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am

Please use one of the existing dozen threads or so on this topic.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

Yes and no
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby BufordGator2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

this is a very specific post on the wide receiver position and our apparent inability to recruit for this very important position! I see NO other posts on this specific topic of recruiting for this position...

To the other poster who said lets wait till next year; who did Muchamp recruit for this year and how are they doing?

I saw lots of freshman stud receivers on ESPN this weekend from small schools even
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

BufordGator wrote:this is a very specific post on the wide receiver position and our apparent inability to recruit for this very important position!

Well then, way to make an accurate thread title!

Also, see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23491
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby BufordGator2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

I stick w the thread title as well! If we had even a HALF ASS offense we could be playing Bama in the championship game!

this is now 3 yrs of ineptitude on this side of the ball and I am sorry sunshine pumpers; JUST DONT GET WHY WE CAN NO LONGER PLAY OFFENSE AT THE U OF F!?
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am

Some ideas for additional threads you may want to start:

1. Is Jeff Driskel a good QB?
2. What to do in Gainesville next weekend?
3. Does our offensive line suck?

:lol:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm

ShowMeLove wrote:Some ideas for additional threads you may want to start:

1. Is Jeff Driskel a good QB?
2. What to do in Gainesville next weekend?
3. Does our offensive line suck?

:lol:

Or how about a thread titled "I'm getting DEFENSIVE about our Defense" which then goes on to speculate about how the water boy is graduating this year and who will replace him?!
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby BostonGator84 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Just want to throw this out there.

The last Florida QB's to go 7-1 (or better) in the SEC?

Tim Tebow (2008, 2009)
Chris Leak (2006)
Jesse Palmer/Rex Grossman (2000)
Doug Johnson (1998, 1999)
Danny Wuerffel (1994, 1995, 1996)
Terry Dean/Danny Wuerffel (1993)
Shane Matthews (1991)

I'd say that's pretty good company for Driskel to join after just his sophomore season. Give him some time, a full offseason where he knows he's the starter and isn't looking over his shoulder, and I fully expect him to continue to improve the offense.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby cubsfan2123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Who the f*%! cares. We are 8-1 and control our destiny to the Sugar Bowl, couldn't have realistically asked for better 3 months ago. Helluva job to the players and the coaches for what they have been able to accomplish this year.
cubsfan2123
Senior Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

BufordGator wrote:this is a very specific post on the wide receiver position and our apparent inability to recruit for this very important position! I see NO other posts on this specific topic of recruiting for this position...

To the other poster who said lets wait till next year; who did Muchamp recruit for this year and how are they doing?

I saw lots of freshman stud receivers on ESPN this weekend from small schools even

Not sure who said wait til next year...you might really want to wait for 2-3 years from now on who we are recruiting this year. While some frosh come out and are productive day 1 those players are still very few and far between. It usually takes a very special player to really become a force their frosh years. That being said our frosh WR that are currently "committed" are:

Ahmad Fulwood 6'4 200 4*
Chris Thompson 6'0 167 3*
Alvin Bailey 5'11 175 3*
Marqui Hawkins 6'1 179 3* (listed as a safety by Scout but was recruited as a WR)

Outside of Fulwood it looks like the same ol type of WR recruits. Hopefully they turn out to be players.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 pm

In 2009 people complained about our offense, but not me. I was happy to be winning at the rate we were... Anyway, then we had 3 or 4 NFL WRs (including Harvin and TE Hernandez), Tebow, the Pouncey twins, etc. If you're complaining this year, forgive me if I think less of you. I don't care if Driskel passes for 0 yards if we win. Go Gators!
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby BSJGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm

BufordGator wrote:Folks;

after digesting yet another woeful effort on offense this past Saturday I watched the recaps of other games across the country and saw TONS of stud wide receivers making great catches for small schools to large ones all over the country. We have had issues at this positon for several years now; WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Their must be stud wide outs to recruit in FLA!!??

CAN WE JUST NOT PICK THE RIGHT ONES!?

this is really tough to accept!

comments?!

I'll leave it to others to address your grammatical errors. But, clearly, it appears you're trolling for a stud WR... :rolleyes:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Wait, you mean we're dangerously thin at WR? :eek:

:panic:

No irony in this statement.... :facepalm:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby BufordGator2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 pm

you people crack me up!!

the original question still hasnt even been close to answered....

Muschamp knew we were thin at WR! who are his WR recruits (that are on the team this year) and what are they doing!? Are they playing? Are they going to be studs next year!? T
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Postby BufordGator2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

you people crack me up!!

the original question still hasnt even been close to answered....

Muschamp knew we were thin at WR! who are his WR recruits (that are on the team this year) and what are they doing!? Are they playing? Are they going to be studs next year!? This is what I wanted to be discussed... The prognosis for the future! This is 3 straight years of hard to watch offense! Will we EVER have a good offenense again etc....
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 pm

You're one of those guys that calls during the coach's radio show and says, "Hey coach, I was just wondering, I think it would really catch defenses off guard if we lined up Burton, Driskel, and Reed in the backfield and then had them juggle the ball betwixt themselves and then one of them takes it and does a triple option flea-flicker back to the other and the other runs a fly route and I think that would really help us with our offensive woes and I just wanted to get your thoughts on that so I'll hang up and listen."

:yokel:
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum