Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dz_23, Gator Fever, Gatorbythebay, Gatorious, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, swampfuel, Wait ’til next year, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

Pease's Offense

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Pease's Offense

Postby The RH Factor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am

Could it be that it's going to take a year for our team to adjust to it like when Mullen brought in the spread?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Re: Pease's Offense

Postby kcgator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

Pease's offense will be fine once we get an o-line that can pass block, a QB who doesn't stare down receivers, and receivers who can consistently stretch the field. In a word, 5 years from now.

They see me rollin', they hatin'...
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

Oh, and a power RB.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ATXGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am

I agree the OL is a big issue and the WRs are weak. I think Gilly is fantastic and doesn't get enough credit for running through tackles that often are at the line of scrimmage.

I think the bigger question here is now that opposing coaches have more film on what he is doing at UF, have the adjusted their Defense.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am

ATXGator wrote:I agree the OL is a big issue and the WRs are weak. I think Gilly is fantastic and doesn't get enough credit for running through tackles that often are at the line of scrimmage.

I think the bigger question here is now that opposing coaches have more film on what he is doing at UF, have the adjusted their Defense.

The answer to this question is split, "Yes and No". Yes - they probably can figure out a vanilla offense (for the most part) due to poor execution, limited WRs, minimal OL play, etc. I'm sure these players are not allowing him to use most of his playbook. No - he has probably opened up about 20% of his playbook this year.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby IDGAC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 am

kcgator wrote:Pease's offense will be fine once we get an o-line that can pass block, a QB who doesn't stare down receivers, and receivers who can consistently stretch the field. In a word, 5 years from now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and :(
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby mrgator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

I'm happy with what pease is doing. He knows our oline has issues still with pass block and Driskel holds the ball too long when he DOES get time to throw.

Keep developing the players we have and add some firepower to the offense with recruiting and we'll be fine, IMO.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Zambo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

Okay, here is a question to ponder for you guys: Do you think that there is the possibility that our players are simply too dumb to run a complex offense that is designed to confuse defenses? Is it possible that Pease had success at BSU because he was dealing with smarter players, even if they might not be as explosive physically?

That should get things rolling.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

All we are saying is give Pease a chance... :music2:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am

It's kind of sad to say but Boise's offense the past few years is light years ahead of UF's in terms of skill. Players like Kellen Moore, Titus Young, and Doug Martin. Just look at what that beast is doing this year for TB. There are very few offensive players that would have started at Boise the past few years...that's how sad our talent level is right now.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 pm

All Peasenik players aren't present yet. JD is a "rookie" QB. There
seems to be no 2 Olinemen where we can say "nobody will split those
2 blockers." And the WRs of Manziel, Mettzenberger, McCarron, go get
the ball a lot.

We've just got growing pains .... that are growing pains on this board.
I know it hurts to hear that, but I'm a pain.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm

ShowMeLove wrote:All we are saying is give Pease a chance... :music2:

:facepalm2:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby mrgator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

rogdochar wrote:All Peasenik players aren't present yet. JD is a "rookie" QB. There
seems to be no 2 Olinemen where we can say "nobody will split those
2 blockers." And the WRs of Manziel, Mettzenberger, McCarron, go get
the ball a lot.

We've just got growing pains .... that are growing pains on this board.
I know it hurts to hear that, but I'm a pain.

And I'll take 8-1 growing pains for sure. Outside of an implosion we will be 10-2 at worst with wins over TAMU, LSU and USCe with decent wins over UT and Vandy. I'll take that as Muschamp continues to develop the starters and the depth over the next couple of years. All we asked for at the beginning of this year is that we see improvement from 7-6. I think we have seen just that.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Zambo wrote:Okay, here is a question to ponder for you guys: Do you think that there is the possibility that our players are simply too dumb to run a complex offense that is designed to confuse defenses? Is it possible that Pease had success at BSU because he was dealing with smarter players, even if they might not be as explosive physically?

I kind of agree. Addazio and Mullens offenses weren't complex. Passing routes were as bland as it got.

I just watched the Boise State-Oklahoma game last night and that offense was for real. It was a power run game with great route running. Receivers were constantly getting themselves open. It's going to take some recruiting and time to get it to look that way. Also have to have trust in the Qb and honestly, jeff has regressed a ton since Tennessee.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Flaglergator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Or could part of the problem be that we played 3 top ten teams in a row and that the team is a bit dinged up. Having two cupcakes in a row should let them heal up for FSU.
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby kcgator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Flaglergator wrote:Or could part of the problem be that we played 3 top ten teams in a row and that the team is a bit dinged up. Having two cupcakes in a row should let them heal up for FSU.

Or our offense might just suck.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 pm

kcgator wrote:
Flaglergator wrote:Or could part of the problem be that we played 3 top ten teams in a row and that the team is a bit dinged up. Having two cupcakes in a row should let them heal up for FSU.

Or our offense might just suck.

Some people just can't accept the obvious
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby DaddyGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Slevin wrote:
Zambo wrote:Okay, here is a question to ponder for you guys: Do you think that there is the possibility that our players are simply too dumb to run a complex offense that is designed to confuse defenses? Is it possible that Pease had success at BSU because he was dealing with smarter players, even if they might not be as explosive physically?

I kind of agree. Addazio and Mullens offenses weren't complex. Passing routes were as bland as it got.

I just watched the Boise State-Oklahoma game last night and that offense was for real. It was a power run game with great route running. Receivers were constantly getting themselves open. It's going to take some recruiting and time to get it to look that way. Also have to have trust in the Qb and honestly, jeff has regressed a ton since Tennessee.

Agree with posts thus far. Rome wasn't built in a day. With the benefit of hindsight, it's a shame that we wasted an entire year with Weis who just made matters worse. On the subject of JB, he was recruited by Meyer and is giving every indication that his skill set is probably better featured in a spread. I agree that he's not looking very confident right now- instead of anticipating he's over thinking. We'll see.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:20 pm

I would like to see Jeff throw a few Deep passes each game just to get the DBs off of the line of scrimmage. The safeties do not worry about getting beat deep because we don't throw more than a 10 yard pass. Even if the passes are incomplete, it will open up the defense a little.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GulfG8r » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Our players are too stupid? No
Last edited by GulfG8r on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum