Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 28 guests

Les Miles questionable calls

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Les Miles questionable calls

Postby BRNLUZR » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm

What they hoped to accomplish with the fake FG with Bama playing safe to stop exactly that call is beyond me. Why try a 54 yard FG when your kicker doesn't have near that range? The onside kick when all the momentum is with you puzzles me as well. Why take that chance ? Most of all your D has shut them down all game but you decide to go into the PREVENT D on the last drive. I just want someone to knock them off and LSU played well enough to do it if those questionable calls are not made imo
BRNLUZR
Senior Gator

Re: LES MILES QUESTIONABLE CALLS

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Quit starting threads in all caps.
oxrageous

Re: Les Miles questionable calls

Postby BRNLUZR » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

My bad ...
BRNLUZR
Senior Gator

Postby cover2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 pm

oxrageous wrote:Quit starting threads in all caps.

Getting the attention of the hearing-impaired.
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
cover2
Heisman Gator

Postby BRNLUZR » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm

My daughter just told me that meant I was yelling.. I had no idea all caps had that effect
BRNLUZR
Senior Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm

cover2 wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Quit starting threads in all caps.

Getting the attention of the hearing-impaired.

:lol:

Ox, hates to be screamed at when he has a hangover.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby sportstalk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Every summer the topic comes up on this board about ranking the SEC coaches and there is a reason why I and problably many others rank Miles dead last every year and you saw the reasons last nite. Regardless of his record Miles is simply a pathetic game coach. The only reason he moved up one notch this year to 13th is that John L Smith was firmly entrenched as the worst coach in the SEC this year..
sportstalk
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Les certainly screwed the pooch last night, which I'm sure isn't too uncommon in Baton Rouge anyway.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Maxxodd » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm

BRNLUZR wrote:What they hoped to accomplish with the fake FG with Bama playing safe to stop exactly that call is beyond me. Why try a 54 yard FG when your kicker doesn't have near that range? The onside kick when all the momentum is with you puzzles me as well. Why take that chance ? Most of all your D has shut them down all game but you decide to go into the PREVENT D on the last drive. I just want someone to knock them off and LSU played well enough to do it if those questionable calls are not made imo

I snuck into Les' office at the beginning of the year and switched the grass-eater's game plan folders for UF and Alabama.
Maxxodd
True Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I just yelled "NOT" in another thread, but it has been my experience that people with axes to grind need yelling to get their attention.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Was Les eating any grass while making these calls?
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Most of the time I would have no problem agreeing that his playcalling is questionable, but this time I just don't really see it.

The fake feild was alright I guess since you were playing a HUGE game and trying to get a boost in a low scoring game, and the onside kick was kinda the same deal an was only missed by inches.

Only thing I thought was horrible was the feild goal as I said in the game thread go for it on fourth an maybe get the first down or heck throw it to the endzone and even if a int is thrown they would be at the 25 as I doubt they would return it far.

A feild could be blocked and even a 6 point lead there was still plenty of time for them to score as they did just that. The last thing was the all of the sudden play soft coverage and let them march the feild easy, but in the end I don't think Miles was really out coached as he did pretty well as did his team all game until the end...
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm

TN G8tr wrote:Was Les eating any grass while making these calls?

Corndogs, just corndogs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator-In-Lake » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm

BRNLUZR wrote:What they hoped to accomplish with the fake FG with Bama playing safe to stop exactly that call is beyond me. Why try a 54 yard FG when your kicker doesn't have near that range? The onside kick when all the momentum is with you puzzles me as well. Why take that chance ? Most of all your D has shut them down all game but you decide to go into the PREVENT D on the last drive. I just want someone to knock them off and LSU played well enough to do it if those questionable calls are not made imo

Hate to think it but the worst call of the day may have been Muschamp's going for it on fourth and less than a yard at his own 30 yard line with Mizzou up 7 (as I recall). Thank the football gods Silberman false-started drawing a five yard penalty forcing UF to punt. The way Mizzou was penetrating the Gators' O-line they may very well have stuffed any run giving themselves a short field and an opportunity to go up by two scores. :eek:
Gator-In-Lake
Redshirt Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Almost worst play of the game
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm a genius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am

BRNLUZR wrote:My daughter just told me that meant I was yelling.. I had no idea all caps had that effect

You should pay more attention to your daughter; before some pervert on this board does... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum