Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests

So the question is....

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

So the question is....

Postby Bucksweep » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Do we have what it takes (offensively) to beat the Nolies in the Joke. If so, January will be very sweet.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Re: So the question is....

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:02 am

You would hope over the next two 'creampuff' games our coaches will tweak the offense to the point where we can. Our defense will be there no doubt about that, therefore, the game is more than winnable.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:11 am

we have the offense. just need Driskel to make some plays with his arm and get the game to slow down for him. What we saw tonight for LSU was a qb finally coming around. Driskel has the talent and shown flashes of it. When it clicks then he'll make some passes and help the OL as well.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby biggn64 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:12 am

JD has hit a couple really nice long bombs this year. All of which have been called back!!!
biggn64
Redshirt Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am

biggn64 wrote:JD has hit a couple really nice long bombs this year. All of which have been called back!!!

The fact that you can remember BOTH of his long throws is further evidence of the problem.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby OllieGator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:49 pm

We were lucky that the Missouri QB was off his game since their guys were wide open all game. That doesn't make me feel good about the D going into FSU.
Have a f ing Merry Christmas D bag!!!!
OllieGator
True Gator

Postby ngamtngator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

IMHO, the question is when will the o-line finally jell. This is the key. JD is more than capable to make the plays that Pease calls. We have more than adequate skill position players. It's going to take more recruits like D.J Humphries before we will start to see the offense realize it's potential. Hopefully the next recruiting class will give us a couple of more like him.
Don't look back, something might be gaining on you.-Satchel Page
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:33 pm

OllieGator wrote:We were lucky that the Missouri QB was off his game since their guys were wide open all game. That doesn't make me feel good about the D going into FSU.

Exactly I did not see our D as being great in this game. Little pass rush and what there was somewhat ineffective.

We were lucky that they made a lot of mistakes, over throwns etc.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Mizzou made a lot of mistakes because we have one of the best defenses in the country.

This is the team and players we have for this season. Gator fans should embrace the way they have over-achieved. They've done remarkably well to win the games they have to only have one loss to a Georgia team that was picked pre-season to win the East.

We'll continue to develop offensively in the next two games and should present a considerable challenge to the Noles. I did not think we could earn a Sugar Bowl berth going into the season and yet we are only a few victories away from one.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm

There's always going to be haters. Even if they call themselves Gators, I've been very happy with what this team has done from last year. We sure ain't there yet but we are on the way
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby ufgator812. » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm

law98gator wrote:
biggn64 wrote:JD has hit a couple really nice long bombs this year. All of which have been called back!!!

The fact that you can remember BOTH of his long throws is further evidence of the problem.

:lol:
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Without McCray and Orr, we did just fine defensively, and we'll be better with them in the rotation against FSI.

How did Halapio become our best OLineman? If that's true, we suck. Personally, I think Wilson and Harrison have improved significantly from last year.The whole line has improved, but not a championship OLine at all. Humphries looks legit, but it looks like he needs to add some muscle weight to be elite in the SEC and later a first round prospect (we all hope for that).
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Swamp82 wrote:There's always going to be haters. Even if they call themselves Gators, I've been very happy with what this team has done from last year. We sure ain't there yet but we are on the way

^ This.

And, the fact that during his post game interview with the media and on the show with Mick, CWM repeatedly talked about how this team doesn't get flustered, how they're together, at one with each other.

Either it's true or he's selling the biggest package of b.s. since, well, since forever...
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 pm

ufgator812. wrote:
law98gator wrote:

LAW, you must be the one Dooley talks about when he says nobody agonizes about winning like Gator fans. I always wanted to know who was Dooley's source. :hellskitchen:

Let's get some cheese with that whine!
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:
ufgator812. wrote:
law98gator wrote:

LAW, you must be the one Dooley talks about when he says nobody agonizes about winning like Gator fans. I always wanted to know who was Dooley's source. :hellskitchen:

he's just butthurt over his boy brissett not playing...its ruined his whole year
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am

-THE DUDE- wrote:
Mr. Eko wrote:
ufgator812. wrote:
law98gator wrote:

he's just butthurt over his boy brissett not playing...its ruined his whole year

Probably going to ruin his next two years as well... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am

By Driskel's experience,all season long, working behind a too porous
OL: JD knows he hasn't time to look-off any DB or go through any WR
progression. So JD locks on one and fires it with no analysis of + or -.

Even on roll-outs Driskel is aware a tackler can fire through anywhere
along his line. So, even his roll-outs to extend his time, doesn't. The
first players our QB has to key-spot is an opposing colored jersey or 2,
when he should be checking for his WR "choices".

Put Brissett in to stand in our OL-pocket or to do slower roll-outs and
we'd see why JD's legs got him 1st string QB.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TLB » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

alcoholica wrote:How did Halapio become our best OLineman?

That's the word I've heard all season from the announcers. It's always "Halapio, Halapio, Halpio, Harrison, Wilson, Halapio, and Halapio". :eek:

alcoholica wrote: If that's true, we suck.

That's what I've thought, all season. :neutral:
TLB
Freshman Gator

Postby gatormark » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm

OllieGator wrote:We were lucky that the Missouri QB was off his game since their guys were wide open all game. That doesn't make me feel good about the D going into FSU.

FSU does not run the spread. It gave us some problems.
gatormark
Senior Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Not sure FSU is going to know what to do against the best defense they've faced BY FAR this year. We just need our offense to be moderately successful like they were against USC and LSU.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum