Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TN G8tr and 12 guests

What this team needs

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

What this team needs

Postby Drewsagator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Another bye week.
Seriously this is one tired looking team the last 2 weeks.
I give them alot of credit for "getting" through this game today with a win,but I see some guys out there that look like they are running on empty.
Gillislee needs some rest and I hope the coaches get Jones and Brown most of the carries over the next 2 weeks. Hell, let Hines get in on the action too, after all he was ask to move into the backfield this year. Reward him with 8-10 touches in each of the next 2 games.
Both of our starting guards are hurting, let's get Dunker,Koehne and Silberman plenty of reps against the next 2 patsies so the starters can heal up.
And please, dear lord, no injuries to any starters on the defense. Get Bostic,Jenkins,Elam,Floyd and Easly out of the game ASAP.
Time to get healthy and rested for FSU.
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Re: What this team needs

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

More cowbell?
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Gator-DNA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm

They have 2 bye weeks coming up, hopefully they use them wisely. The team was flat today, but given the emotional loss last week, 12:00 kickoff, and the flu, I guess it was good enough to get a W against an energized Mizzou.
I'm hoping the flu played a bigger role than we think today.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby Drewsagator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 pm

MatthewM. wrote:More cowbell?

You mean like The Funky Cold Medina type cowbell ?
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 pm

A "happy ending" at the local massage studio.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Drewsagator wrote:Another bye week.
I give them alot of credit for "getting" through this game today with a win,but I see some guys out there that look like they are running on empty.
Gillislee needs some rest and I hope the coaches get Jones and Brown most of the carries over the next 2 weeks. Hell, let Hines get in on the action too, after all he was ask to move into the backfield this year. Reward him with 8-10 touches in each of the next 2 games.
Both of our starting guards are hurting, let's get Dunker,Koehne and Silberman plenty of reps against the next 2 patsies so the starters can heal up.
And please, dear lord, no injuries to any starters on the defense. Get Bostic,Jenkins,Elam,Floyd and Easly out of the game ASAP.

Our bye week was 2 early this year, like crazy early. Excellent point though.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:12 pm

We shouldn't even play the starters beyond the first quarter. If our second team can't beat LA-Lafayette then they don't deserve their scholarships.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Drewsagator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:

Yup. It seems like we always used to get it right before the UGA game.
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 pm

They get two coming up. Well, almost; they'll actually get two glorified scrimmages.... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ls1matt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 am

This team needs a better offensive line. Those guys are horrible. That's what's wrong with team. That's been the problem the past 2 years too.
ls1matt
Freshman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:24 am

Agree with all, especially the OL! But we're 8-1 and that's what matters. Give 'em a big atta boy and some rest. They really looked like they're running on empty. Polish up some things on Offense and get the younger guys some good playing time. Then ready for the Semi's.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:41 am

Our defense was on the field for 86 plays and only gave up 7 points.

I can understand them looking so tired by the end.

It seemed like 50 of those plays were with 5 wideouts.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby Drewsagator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 am

TN G8tr wrote:Agree with all, especially the OL! But we're 8-1 and that's what matters. Give 'em a big atta boy and some rest. They really looked like they're running on empty. Polish up some things on Offense and get the younger guys some good playing time. Then ready for the Semi's.

I know that coach really likes physcical and intense type practices, but I wonder if it wouldn't benefit the team by toning the practices down for a week or 2 and let some reserves get most of the practice reps. Especially the oline reserves. I don't think getting the oline starters more reps is going to make any difference, and not to pile on them, but they seem to have maxed out their potential.
Still 8-1 beats the snot out of 5-4.
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 am

An offense.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 am

Drewsagator wrote:
TN G8tr wrote:Agree with all, especially the OL! But we're 8-1 and that's what matters. Give 'em a big atta boy and some rest. They really looked like they're running on empty. Polish up some things on Offense and get the younger guys some good playing time. Then ready for the Semi's.

I know that coach really likes physcical and intense type practices, but I wonder if it wouldn't benefit the team by toning the practices down for a week or 2 and let some reserves get most of the practice reps. Especially the oline reserves. I don't think getting the oline starters more reps is going to make any difference, and not to pile on them, but they seem to have maxed out their potential.
Still 8-1 beats the snot out of 5-4.

Good Point. They really seem to need rest. Correct some things and perhaps toning down the contact a bit in practice may help. Not like they havent gotten any hitting during a full SEC schedule.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby ngamtngator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 am

Drewsagator wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:

Yup. It seems like we always used to get it right before the UGA game.

The need to get back to having the bye week before uga.
Don't look back, something might be gaining on you.-Satchel Page
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum