Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 47 guests

Expectations now set for 2013: SECCG or Bust

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Expectations now set for 2013: SECCG or Bust

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:26 pm

If we can go 7-1 with this offense and the schedule we had then it's going to be hard to stomach anything less than the SECCG next season. The offense can't possibly be any worse next year. Hopefully Floyd and Easley will stay. Hard to tell how big of a blow losing Elam is going to be.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Re: Expectations now set for 2013: SECCG or Bust

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 pm

I do think we should play for it. A ton of players coming back and some great talent coming in that can help, I think Jeff learns a ton during the off season being able to go back and see tape. Lord let us get some receivers that can catch and run.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

The expectation should be the SECC game every season.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby O&BGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:38 pm

we will have a championship caliber team next year
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:40 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:The expectation should be the SECC game every season.

This
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby ltraz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I think losing Floyd is the big challenge. Orr has progressed very well and Jacobs is serviceable, but we'll lack depth to stay in a 4-3. I assume Easley moves back inside (I don't think he'll leave), which should help.

Hard to ever replace a player like Elam, but SS is a position that's a little easier to protect younger guys and we have plenty of bodies to try there.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Do we have a QB coming in? Not a spread one?
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:59 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:The expectation should be the SECC game every season.

Nobody expected us to reach the SECCG this season, including you.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:

Nobody expected us to reach the SECCG this season, including you.

True. I was thinking 9-3 and maybe backing into the game.

Just saying next season should be no different than any other, the #1 goal is Atlanta, then go from there.

We'll have three road games with pissed opponents who want some revenge...at LSU, at Mizzou, and at South Carolina. It won't be a cakewalk.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 pm

StreetFightingGator wrote:If we can go 7-1 with this offense and the schedule we had then it's going to be hard to stomach anything less than the SECCG next season. The offense can't possibly be any worse next year.

With the same parts? And some true freshmen? You expect it to be better?

We NEEDED to recruit some studs LAST year to have them ready for next year.

We won't turn this around for at least two years. A stud true freshman who can turn the game around comes along once a decade or so. Fred Taylor, as good as he was, was not even that kind of back. You guys that expect his son to do it as a true freshman aren't being realistic.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I think Driskel will be much improved next year. Plus, we'll see either Pittman or Andrades or both starting next year. Matt Jones is going to be a very good back for us. He'll be the featured back next year and I think he'll produce. But most importantly, we've got help coming on the offensive line where it is most needed.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:52 pm

law98gator wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:If we can go 7-1 with this offense and the schedule we had then it's going to be hard to stomach anything less than the SECCG next season. The offense can't possibly be any worse next year.

With the same parts? And some true freshmen? You expect it to be better?

We NEEDED to recruit some studs LAST year to have them ready for next year.

We won't turn this around for at least two years. A stud true freshman who can turn the game around comes along once a decade or so. Fred Taylor, as good as he was, was not even that kind of back. You guys that expect his son to do it as a true freshman aren't being realistic.

The same parts + 1 year of maturity = better. How does that not make sense? Also, I think the two backs on our roster will be serviceable and rb is def a position where freshman can come in and contribute. Both freshman seem physically ready. I think the much bigger difference will be the maturation of our QBs and TEs and a slightly improved o-lineman (the two we lose should be easily replaced and upgraded).
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah, sure. Driskel, Jones, Pittman and Andrades. I can't wait to see more of that show.

Anyway, I vote BUST.
Last edited by law98gator on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Keep in mind that freshman running backs can contribute quite well. All you have to do is look at Georgia's freshmen duo to see that. Also, Bama's T.J. Yuelman is having an exceptional freshman year. I see no reason that Taylor can't do the same.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 pm

law98gator wrote:Yeah, sure. Driskel, Jones, Pittman and Andrades. I can't wait to see more of that show.

Anyway, I vote BUST.

1) I think the qb competition opens back up in the off-season and I wouldn't be surprised to see JB take it and 2)I think Jones will improve but stay 3rd on the dpeth chart. I think Brown and 1 of the freshman become 1a and 1b and Jones puts on a few pounds to be a 3rd down back.

Just so we're clear...you don't think our O will be better next year?
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:The expectation should be the SECCG game every season.

^ This.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 pm

I just want to crush everyone we play. I want to make them want to retire.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm

if key defensive players come back, and our offense figures out how to move the ball then maybe.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby DaMagicGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:27 pm

I think offense will be alot better, O-line might not be great but they are alot better then last year. One more year gets them stronger and and tougher thats a huge positive for us. Jeff has gotten alot of experience, he has much to improve on but you can only get better through experience. Depending on our losses to the draft we should be inline for a magical year next year. On offence only key player we loose will be Gillie and we add 2 very talented RB that will play early. Stugis will probably be a bigger loss but we did get a talented K a year ago.

On D our overall run D will suffer from key losses of Floyd, Bostic and Elam. Their back ups our not as talented, we have to hope for a better unit play then individual play from the guys. However, our pass rush and pass def should be alot better. We have alot of talented DB's and adding guys like Hargraves and Harris to the rotation will be great. I have been impressed with our 2 5 star rookie DE in Fowler and Bullard, add Ro-Pow explosiveness to the mix and pass rush could be dangerous. I hope that Jenkins and Easily stay for another year, Their plays says stay the extra year their natural talent and athletic ability plus the fact neither are fl boys could have them seeking the nfl.

I may be the only one but I am enjoying this season. We have already done better then I originally thought we would. If you told me we were gonna go 3-1 in October before the season started would not believe it. This is still a building year with a young offense, that has a new starting QB, new OC and the mistakes have been plenty but we are still 7-1. It great to a Florida Gator!
Its good to be a Gator!
Mess with the best, Die like the rest!
FB: b.wolf84 PSN B-wolf84
DaMagicGator
True Gator

Postby SwampedGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Why is everyone so upset this year? We are light years ahead of where anyone thought we'd be this year.
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum