Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 49 guests

Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Has a team ever had an offense like this and only had one loss in a major conference. I dont remember anything like this ever. I will take the wins obviously but take away all our crazy turnovers and big ST plays etc. except for the Georgia game and we look just like the last 2 years if not worse. Even our good running games were after getting turnovers and their team tiring late usually. Crazy stuff. We are like # 100 or worse in offense stat wise - worse than the last 2 years I think.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Wasn't OU's offense abysmal in 2000? Not sure and don't remember but I know they were heavily reliable on their defense.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.


You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
User avatar
Slevin
Moderator
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Slevin wrote:Wasn't OU's offense abysmal in 2000? Not sure and don't remember but I know they were heavily reliable on their defense.


No they were above average just played great defense...
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby law98gator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Va Tech has been in the forefront of offensive suckage for a long time.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby gatorJ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:39 pm

OSU had Maurice Clarrett (sp) and nothing else. This offense has more do do with a putrid O line than anything else. Absolutely pathetic outing by oline this game.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Can we come up with a gameplan to have 10 olinemen in and just have Jeff run off tackle?
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.


You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
User avatar
Slevin
Moderator
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 pm

law98gator wrote:Va Tech has been in the forefront of offensive suckage for a long time.


Possibly - forget about them scoring on blocked kicks a lot etc..
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Bucksweep » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I was thinking 7 OL, 2TE, Driskell and Gilly. Then run stretch and inside zone. When they creep up in the box we can have James Wilson run a go route. It would be about as effective.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby gatorJ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:44 pm

We should have Driskel rolling out every play. They can never figure out who to block
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Are they just fking dumb or what?
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Gator Fever wrote:Has a team ever had an offense like this and only had one loss in a major conference. I dont remember anything like this ever. I will take the wins obviously but take away all our crazy turnovers and big ST plays etc. except for the Georgia game and we look just like the last 2 years if not worse. Even our good running games were after getting turnovers and their team tiring late usually. Crazy stuff. We are like # 100 or worse in offense stat wise - worse than the last 2 years I think.



Refsu did it all the time...wait you said "Major Conference" my bad.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Bucksweep » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Baltimore Ravens is the only one I can think of. I know you said College ball
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby unofficialgator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Im surprised no one said LSU.
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Been thinking all along ....LSU
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:12 pm

The Corndogs haven't had an offense that scared anybody in quite awhile, even when they had Jamarcbust playing QB.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby ncargat1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 pm

The 1992 Alabama team that beat scUM for that National Title had the worst offense I have ever seen that has won an SEC and National title. Jay Barker to David Palmer deep every game was their ONLY offense......but at least they had a QB who knows how to play QB, so even that offense is a notch above ours.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
User avatar
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Durty South Swamp » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 pm

this offense can definitely stake a claim for the worst by a winning team in my lifetime. i cringe every time we snap the ball.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
User avatar
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:39 pm
Location: Panama City Beach, Fl

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Our offense was fine until Gilly injured his groin. He's worked through a few good games but he hasn't been the same guy. It's been nagging him every game and he's playing with a lot of heart. Without him we don't have that great running game and our passing offense isn't developed enough to take up the slack.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
User avatar
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby Homer J » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 pm

ncargat1 wrote:The 1992 Alabama team that beat scUM for that National Title had the worst offense I have ever seen that has won an SEC and National title. Jay Barker to David Palmer deep every game was their ONLY offense......but at least they had a QB who knows how to play QB, so even that offense is a notch above ours.



UT 1998

Good run game
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: Has a team ever had an offense like this and....?

Postby gatorpe » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:15 pm

ncargat1 wrote:The 1992 Alabama team that beat scUM for that National Title had the worst offense I have ever seen that has won an SEC and National title. Jay Barker to David Palmer deep every game was their ONLY offense......but at least they had a QB who knows how to play QB, so even that offense is a notch above ours.

I will never forget that bama team. Their offense was pathetic but they had a tough defense. Barker could not pass for love or money
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
User avatar
gatorpe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron