Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Our offense

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Our offense

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Is there any chance we can make some immediate changes to improve this offense? Just curious to know what others think.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Re: Our offense

Postby Ttowngator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Bad talent at all positions except tightend. Nothing can be done.
Ttowngator
True Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:24 pm

No. We have plenty of injuries, inconsistant play by almost every player. Even the D is inconsistant today, one great play one fair play one poor (at least in results) play. Now Mizzu is probably better than their record.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 pm

They wont with the 2 opponents coming up but we better work on more passing prior to FSU.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby sportstalk » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Our offense................. :vols:
sportstalk
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm

More Matt Jones and let Driskel sit for a while. can't do any worse than we are now.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm

:stirpot2: Working on it.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Bucksweep » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:29 pm

It's not as bad as last year's
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby travy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Bucksweep wrote:It's not as bad as last year's

agreed but a lot of the same problems. our o line just isn't very good. they play hard but they're easy to confuse and overpower. driskel would be better with better protection but he's too young to do it alone. he's overwhelmed and it's spreading to the rest of the team. i suspect brissett would be too.

i think we need to go back to the spread option style stuff more and try and grind it out into the offseason and let some young guys grow up some more.
travy
True Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Our offense needs work.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatortracker » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Our O line is terrible..nobody plays well when the oline can't block.
We did better when Humphrey and Silbermann were in.
Chaz Green is beyond terrible..why not replace him ..you couldn't do any worse..embarrassing
gatortracker
Senior Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 pm

I'd say that as far as the offense is concerned, they have 3 weeks of practice to improve the offense, particularly the passing game. The o-line is what it is but there must be something they do well. Lets use that and look at the plays we can run effectively and stick with those.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby ali_ward83 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I said it in the past and Griese was saying it today(for what's that's worth) that the offense needs Driskel to run.
ali_ward83
All-American Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes it is. We are just getting a ton of + turnovers from the defense this year unlike last year mostly.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:47 pm

I do think our offense is as bad. Our defense is saving our ass over and over again.
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby AlwaysWrite » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Our offensive line is really terrible in pass-blocking, mediocre in run-blocking. But they don't give the QB any time to throw the ball -- no QB looks good in the face of that kind of pressure.

It really disrupts our whole offense and limits what we can do (no downfield passing game, and lots of sweeps, screen passes, and zone read QB runs -- running away from the OL).

Not sure how we beat LSU and USC (well, USC self-destructed). Very good defense, but the O isn't much better than last year. Hard to watch sometimes. Getting 10 wins from this team is quite an accomplishment (assuming we'll get at least that many now).
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm

diehardg8r wrote:I do think our offense is as bad. Our defense is saving our ass over and over again.

yep
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Bucksweep » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Gator Fever wrote:

Yes it is. We are just getting a ton of + turnovers from the defense this year unlike last year mostly.

Last year's offense would have gone to Knoxville and won? Score 2 TDs against LSU? Maybe you're right but I think this offense has improved.
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:50 pm

The o-line is the first thing that has to be fixed for sure. I thought they would be better this year but not so much.
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Bucksweep wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:

Last year's offense would have gone to Knoxville and won? Score 2 TDs against LSU? Maybe you're right but I think this offense has improved.

Yep just look at the stats - we are worse a little bit this year its just we have owned turnovers except for the GA game and our defense has held at the end unlike last year in games..
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum