Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorgabe7, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, t-gator, vulcan_alex, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

upcoming "revenue" games

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

upcoming "revenue" games

Postby BufordGator2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 am

Folks; I am the only one who will feel a major let down after we lay the smack down on Mizzou this week becasue the next two weeks we play back to back sistas of the poor!?

what kind of horrific scheduling is this anyway!?

after a rough stretch of tough SEC games I can certainly see an off week and or maybe 1 sister of the poor but 2 in row! YIKES that sucks and I feel it could hurt the momentum of our mighty Gators as well!

your thoughts.....
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Re: upcoming "revenue" games

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am

I anticipate a lot of empty seats in the stadium for those two games.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby jand3k » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

BufordGator wrote:Folks; I am the only one who will feel a major let down after we lay the smack down on Mizzou this week becasue the next two weeks we play back to back sistas of the poor!?

what kind of horrific scheduling is this anyway!?

after a rough stretch of tough SEC games I can certainly see an off week and or maybe 1 sister of the poor but 2 in row! YIKES that sucks and I feel it could hurt the momentum of our mighty Gators as well!

your thoughts.....

yep.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

BufordGator wrote: hurt the momentum of our mighty Gators as well!

What momentum?
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:47 am

I think these two games are great because they offer the chance for plenty of playing time for Brisset, Pittman, Andrades, Jones and Brown, along with all the other underclassmen.

Those guys on the defensive side of the ball need a lot of playing time as well, especially since we are likely going to lose Easley, Floyd, Elam and certainly Bostic after this year.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby BufordGator2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

Those games also have the potential of harming our ranking big time!
BufordGator2
Baby Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

This is a basketball school anyway.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 am

It’s weird to see these games this late, I’ll admit. However, its out of our control and was caused by the conference shuffle. We always play 2 of these to start the season, and then one before fsu (at least since 2006 when we went to 12 games). We didn’t play a second this year, so it falls to the end of the year. Not really sure I see the difference.

As for it hurting our ranking, I’m lost here. We will easily beat up on inferior opponents, and get some needed rest before the showdown in Tally. And while others may be playing legit conference games, those teams were likely playing FAU/Buffalo/etc type games while we were doing back-to-back road trips to College Station and Knoxville. These games will have no bearing on our ranking. And at this point, who cares about ranking anyway. We either win the SECE or we don’t. It would be nice to finish in the top 5-10 (and am also 100% certain that we will if we win out), but I’m much more worried about wins, losses, and rings. Rankings will sort themselves out.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 am

As long as we win by a large margin, and play almost every player I will enjoy it a lot.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 am

Yes, it will hurt the strength of schedule with the computers, but winning out will counteract any adverse effect from it. Complacency shouldn't be an issue, all the coaching staff needs to do is put in a tape of the scare Jax State put into the Semenholes back in 2009.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Even with the computers, we've done enough to warrant a high ranking there, and a few cupcakes--which again, everyone plays--aren't going to change that. If we're talking about getting an at-large BCS bowl, it's still 100% tied to wins and losses. The fact is, if uga loses to either OM, AU, or (if applicable) the West Champ in Atlanta, and we win out, then there's a decent chance of getting to a BCS game, as wed be the only 1-loss SEC team.

If we don't take care of business tomorrow and against the noles, we have zero shot. If we do, we have a real chance of either an SEC crown and/or a BCS bid.

The 2 easy games aren't going to erase a body of work derived from 6 straight weeks, including several big wins.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby O&BGator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

I have two tickets for the Jacksonville State game and I am REALLY looking forward to this game. (also Leonardo's pizza) It is my one live game of the year.
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm

O&BGator wrote:I have two tickets for the Jacksonville State game and I am REALLY looking forward to this game. (also Leonardo's pizza) It is my one live game of the year.

Should be a good game. Jacksonville State is the same team the blew the doors off of Southeast Missouri State and those Redhawks mean business.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby BoomTown » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Meh. Even the Falcons and Texans get to play the Panthers and Jags every now and then.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I think it is a great time for the younger non starters to get some live game time in this is always a plus because they may be starting for someone leaving at the end of the year. Everyone who works hard at the practices deserves to play and I hope they get to the next two games...kinda like the Rudy factor.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Jbossgator9 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm

They are stat padder games and will hopefully push our offense rank ahead of Weis and Kansas as last I checked they were AHEAD of us and doing better offensively according to numbers.
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum