Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 63 guests

It's time for Billy Donovan to go

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

It's time for Billy Donovan to go

Postby Gatorpoet » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

1) Inexplicably could not capitalize on two national titles in a row. We should have remained a top tier program

2) In line with number one...four NITs in a row after two titles. Come on.

3) He wanted to go to the Magic...his wife wanted to stay. His heart isn't completely in this anymore.

4) He hit the lottery with the '04's, and has reverted to his recruiting of smallish players who sling it from the arc...but when they get cold....

5) I think Anthony Grant...at the time would have brought a refreshing change to a program with a coach who clearly wanted to leave at the time.

6) I don't fault the Vandy loss...but to lose to Georgia when so much was riding. Unreal.
Gatorpoet
Freshman Gator

Re: It's time for Billy Donovan to go

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

Are you serving as a mod again?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby OrangeNBlue » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

Please stop posting.
OrangeNBlue
Baby Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:15 am

There was a thread titled "Losers ..." that contained some productive discussion on the subject of Gator basketball and the future of BD that suddenly disappeared seconds before this one appeared.

If the OP was the one who deleted, he needs to explain why.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

Poet was banned from the last board for good reasons and the same needs to happen now.
oxrageous

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 am

The OP is no more qualified to ask the above questions re Gator basketball than the man on the moon. Delete this piece of crap of a thread.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby thejoyofsobe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

This post was made by Gatorpoet who is currently on your ignore list.

You can ignore him too. Just click this link:
http://forum.gatorsports.com/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=Gatorpoet
Last edited by thejoyofsobe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
why not be utterly changed into fire?
thejoyofsobe
All-American Gator

Postby mtn2top » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 am

I was waiting for more of the wrist slashers to show up...
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am

mtn2top wrote:I was waiting for more of the wrist slashers to show up...

There'll be some serious piling on, rest assured. :lol:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorpoet » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am

Is this Stalinist Russia? YOu cannot tolerate dissenting opinions and discuss theM? Didn't UF teach you to be open minded. I guess people here love censorship. Come on...this is big boy stuff. You are better than that.
Gatorpoet
Freshman Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am

I don't think he needs to be fired yet, but his seat needs to feel a little warm. He is getting paid to much for product that he is putting on the floor for the past three seasons. We keep having the same problems as a team every season. Something needs to change and I personally it wont unless billy feels some heat.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am

Gatorpoet wrote:Is this Stalinist Russia? YOu cannot tolerate dissenting opinions and discuss theM? Didn't UF teach you to be open minded. I guess people here love censorship. Come on...this is big boy stuff. You are better than that.

Not at all. The deleted post was all about dissenting opinions, and very frank in its tone. Were you the one who deleted it seconds before this one, suspiciously similar in tone, appeared? If so what gives you the right to summarily decide who's posts matter more?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorpoet » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 am

UF_Cheme_Student wrote:I don't think he needs to be fired yet, but his seat needs to feel a little warm. He is getting paid to much for product that he is putting on the floor for the past three seasons. We keep having the same problems as a team every season. Something needs to change and I personally it wont unless billy feels some heat.

there you go. a very reasonable opinion. '78, and Ox typically drink the Kool-aid and do not like any negative opinions. They would be a lot more credible if they conceded a few points here and there
Gatorpoet
Freshman Gator

Postby Gatorpoet » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:39 am

Class of '78 wrote:
Gatorpoet wrote:Is this Stalinist Russia? YOu cannot tolerate dissenting opinions and discuss theM? Didn't UF teach you to be open minded. I guess people here love censorship. Come on...this is big boy stuff. You are better than that.

Not at all. The deleted post was all about dissenting opinions, and very frank in its tone. Were you the one who deleted it seconds before this one, suspiciously similar in tone, appeared? If so what gives you the right to summarily decide who's posts matter more?

i'm not a mod, and don't delete posts. btw, love your profile pic. A bloodied up Jeremy Roenick warms my heart
Gatorpoet
Freshman Gator

Postby Lazy Gator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:42 am

thejoyofsobe wrote:This post was made by Gatorpoet who is currently on your ignore list.

You can ignore him too. Just click this link:
http://forum.gatorsports.com/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=Gatorpoet

Done. Gatorpoet you have no credibility and you are undoubtedly an idiot!
Lazy Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 am

Gatorpoet wrote:
UF_Cheme_Student wrote:I don't think he needs to be fired yet, but his seat needs to feel a little warm. He is getting paid to much for product that he is putting on the floor for the past three seasons. We keep having the same problems as a team every season. Something needs to change and I personally it wont unless billy feels some heat.

there you go. a very reasonable opinion. '78, and Ox typically drink the Kool-aid and do not like any negative opinions. They would be a lot more credible if they conceded a few points here and there

I have no problems discussing negatives with Gator athletics. However, you have consistently shown you are only here to stir the pot and tick people off with over-the-top bashing threads. You are NOT here to discuss anything in a rational manner, just to get your jollies. So quit acting innocent - you were banned before for good reason after several warnings. You've already started again.
oxrageous

Postby AirGator96 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am

This is a knee jerk reaction. We are really close to being a very good team.

We have finally addressed the front court, but now our back court is a mess. Unfortunately, we lost Nick this year. This team would have been a 11-5 conference team this year with him. Walker is horrible at the point, and that along with nobody able to consistently hit a 3 from the 2 spot is killing this team.

I remember a few games back the announcer said this team is a point guard way from being a top 10 team. I think he is right. Parsons & Macklin are all sec caliber next year, Tyus is ok, Boynton hopefully improves to become a back up point, or starting 2 guard though he is small. Walker should come off the bench. The point is our weakest spot.
Gator by Grace
AirGator96
Freshman Gator

Postby Termigator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am

It's time for poet to go.
thegatornation.freeforums.org
Termigator
All-American Gator

Postby SFGator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:10 am

3/5ths of the starting line up did not show up last night. Our supposedly NBA ready best player Parsons, disappears and our guards, actually what guards, both lay eggs.

Vandy was doing good to even win the game. Why, Donovan kept the Gators in the game with his coaching. This might have been his best game as a coach this season.
SFGator
Heisman Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 am

AirGator96 wrote:This is a knee jerk reaction. We are really close to being a very good team.

We have finally addressed the front court, but now our back court is a mess. Unfortunately, we lost Nick this year. This team would have been a 11-5 conference team this year with him. Walker is horrible at the point, and that along with nobody able to consistently hit a 3 from the 2 spot is killing this team.

I remember a few games back the announcer said this team is a point guard way from being a top 10 team. I think he is right. Parsons & Macklin are all sec caliber next year, Tyus is ok, Boynton hopefully improves to become a back up point, or starting 2 guard though he is small. Walker should come off the bench. The point is our weakest spot.

I don't think we would have been much better with Nick. Yes our offense would probably improve with him in the line up but he never played defense and the defense is the biggest reason we have better wins this year.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum