Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator and 46 guests

Here are my personal picks for this week

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Here are my personal picks for this week

Postby jdezenzio » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Last week I went 4-2. I figured I would share what I am personally picking this week. And, it does involve florida so I don't want my gators to disappoint me:

Opened a +6 point teaser (2 games):

Teased Florida +6 when at +2.5 on the spread to cover as a dog (+8.5)
Teased USC down -6 from -14.5 to -8.5 to cover as a favorite (-8.5)

Lingo: A +6 point teaser means you can tease the line up or down on any team.

Opened a 3-game parlay (3 games):

Florida to beat the spread (they were +2.5) so I bought half a point to bring them to (+3.0) in case LSU were to miraculously win by a late game field goal it would become a push.

Took the UCF vs. E. Carolina (under locked at 48) - it's moving down now.

And, finally took Georgia when at PK to win outright over South Carolina.

Lingo: 3-game parlay means you have to win all three games in order to win. However, if you push on one game it then becomes a 2-game parlay.

---------

A lot of my picks are for tonight so it's going to be interesting. If USC covers the teaser, I don't see how in the world Florida could mess up covering in the LSU game as a +8.5 dog.

The same thing for UCF/E.Carolina. If they achieve the under, I don't see Florida messing up the 3-game parlay, and the only disappointment could be Georgia blowing a gasket vs. South Carolina. I just like Georgia in that game. They seem to be on fire offensively.

These are my insights for the week.
JDezenzio
Owner - NCAAStatPages.com
jdezenzio
Redshirt Gator

Re: Here are my personal picks for this week

Postby BSJGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 pm

:rolleyes: Mods?
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't see anything wrong with his analysis.
oxrageous

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Ok...I guess
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:18 pm

It's hard for me to keep up with the gambling lingo. For the most part, I understand what you are saying though.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

oxrageous wrote:I don't see anything wrong with his analysis.

No issues with the analysis, but his tag line at the bottom references "NCAAStatPages.com," a commercial enterprise. I didn't think people were allowed to flack for their businesses on the GSMB, though I stand to be corrected...
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Generally speaking teasers and parlays are sucker bets. You are better off sticking with straight bets.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm

BSJGator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:I don't see anything wrong with his analysis.

No issues with the analysis, but his tag line at the bottom references "NCAAStatPages.com," a commercial enterprise. I didn't think people were allowed to flack for their businesses on the GSMB, though I stand to be corrected...

He names the website that he owns in his sig. It's not a direct link to it, and he's not directly asking or encouraging anyone to visit his site. I don't believe it's any kind of violation.
oxrageous

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 pm

My pick for the weekend is Kim Lee.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Kilzyo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm

lagator wrote:Generally speaking teasers and parlays are sucker bets. You are better off sticking with straight bets.

For sure.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby Quasimodo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:02 pm

When you hit a 6 team parlay like I did last week, you don't feel much like a sucker.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby Naples Gator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Quasi - I'd be interested in hearing about your 6 Team Parlay - who'd you have? Personally I've never hit anything over a 3 myself - that is awesome! Please share this week's picks too!
Naples Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Quasimodo wrote:When you hit a 6 team parlay like I did last week, you don't feel much like a sucker.

But do you feel like a liar?
oxrageous

Postby GatorBart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 pm

When you hit a 6 team parlay like I did last week, you don't feel much like a sucker.

Q:
I have no latent animosity toward you, nor have I expressed any in the past, that I know of; but I'm gonna have to call BS on that one.
Of the five games you provided in last weeks thread, you hit one of them. I have been tracking your games to see how you do as you seem to bet a lot (and I'm rooting for your teams to cover, unless it's in direct conflict with one of my bets obviously). Maybe you bet on other games outside of what you posted on the board, and if so, maybe you did hit a 6-team parlay. If so, congratulations (but if you did and didn't share your insights, damn you!). Just hitting a 3-team parlay is pretty rare. I finished 3 for 5 the last two weeks, and I've been happy with that. Not bringing in a ton of money, but not losing either.
That being said, I believe this is a tough week to pick games and will probably not even throw any money at my following picks:
N'Western (+3) at Penn St.
aTm (-11) at Ole Miss
VaTech (-3.5) at UNC
USCe (-2.5) vs UGA
TCU (-11) vs ISU
UCLA (-2.5) at Cal
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

OK Ox, this is how jdezenzio signs off:

JDezenzio
Owner - NCAAStatPages.com

If you go to his site - that he paid for - you will see a link to a gameing site. Look, all this guy talks about is gambling and spreads; he then denies his intent is gambling.

Other posters in the past that plug their businesses - legal or illegal - gambling or not, get run off.

Ban this creep.
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Quasimodo wrote:When you hit a 6 team parlay like I did last week, you don't feel much like a sucker.

Yea and when you miss it you feel broke???
I've got to agree with this group 6 team parlay, I know several people that gamble major I'm talking tens of thousands and they are calling BS, yes it's possible but what are the odds of that, pun intended.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Quasimodo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm

GatorBart wrote:

Q:
I have no latent animosity toward you, nor have I expressed any in the past, that I know of; but I'm gonna have to call BS on that one.
Of the five games you provided in last weeks thread, you hit one of them. I have been tracking your games to see how you do as you seem to bet a lot (and I'm rooting for your teams to cover, unless it's in direct conflict with one of my bets obviously). Maybe you bet on other games outside of what you posted on the board, and if so, maybe you did hit a 6-team parlay. If so, congratulations (but if you did and didn't share your insights, damn you!). Just hitting a 3-team parlay is pretty rare. I finished 3 for 5 the last two weeks, and I've been happy with that. Not bringing in a ton of money, but not losing either.
That being said, I believe this is a tough week to pick games and will probably not even throw any money at my following picks:
N'Western (+3) at Penn St.
aTm (-11) at Ole Miss
VaTech (-3.5) at UNC
USCe (-2.5) vs UGA
TCU (-11) vs ISU
UCLA (-2.5) at Cal

Bart, when I make my picks I always bet them two ways: Straight up and then a smaller wager on what I like to call a Fade Parlay (where I bet the opposite of who I have in the Straight Up bets).

Last week all 6 of my straight up bets lost. (Akron +6, Idaho +24.5, UConn -16, Navy +2.5, San Diego State +8 and Michigan State -3). But thanks to my Fade Parlay I still came out on top despite the fact that none of the teams I liked were able to cover their spread. Pretty clever, right? :lol:
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby Quasimodo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Naples Gator wrote:Quasi - I'd be interested in hearing about your 6 Team Parlay - who'd you have? Personally I've never hit anything over a 3 myself - that is awesome! Please share this week's picks too!

Thanks, Naples!

This week I like: Nebraska +3, LSU -2.5, Texas -7 and South Carolina -1
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm

oxrageous wrote:

But do you feel like a liar?

He should. He is. And proud of it.
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Coach9 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Curious how UGA does against the first real defense it's faced.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum