Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Speaking About Miami The Rats Are Leaving The Ship

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Speaking About Miami The Rats Are Leaving The Ship

Postby gatorhar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

University of Miami Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst has resigned, according to a source close to the situation.
Eichorst, hired by the Hurricanes in April 2011, is a leading candidate to replace Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne, according to various reports, including the Lincoln Journal Star.
Eichorst left Miami on Monday night for the Atlantic Coast Conference meetings in Boston, a UM source said, and then was supposed to be heading to Chicago for the Notre Dame football game against Miami, to be played Saturday at Soldier Field.
Eichorst was supposed to accompany the Golden Canes, the biggest contributors to Miami athletics, on the trip to Chicago.
“I think his timing is offensive,” a long-time Hurricanes booster, who did not want to be identified, told The Miami Herald. “It’s a Golden Canes trip. It’s a Notre Dame game. If he was that unhappy, he should have just left before this.”
Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne announced last month that he will retire at the end of this year.
At UM — bracing for NCAA sanctions in the case involving former UM booster and convicted felon Nevin Shapiro — Eichorst has been one of the most low-profile athletic directors in school history. He was not at UM during Shapiro’s wrongdoings, but except for a couple times, has declined to speak to the media since coming to Miami -- and has mostly kept his distance from UM fans and donors.
His predecessor, Kirby Hocutt, served only 2 1/2 years as the UM athletic director and now is the AD at Texas Tech.
Eichorst was responsible for the hiring of basketball coach Jim Larranaga. Just before his hiring, the school agreed to reward women’s basketball coach Katie Meier, the co-national Coach of the Year, with a five-year contract extension that would take her through 2016. The contract was negotiated by then-acting AD Tony Hernandez.
Eichorst is a native of Lone Rock, Wis., and was an all-conference defensive back, three-time letterwinner and 1990 team captain for the UW-Whitewater football team, according to his Miami bio. He graduated magna cum laude in business from UW-Whitewater in 1990 and earned a law degree from Marquette in 1995.
Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman, according to the Lincoln Journal Star, won’t reveal names of any candidates until a successor is chosen. It is believed the new Nebraska AD could be announced early next week.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: Speaking About Miami The Rats Are Leaving The Ship

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:29 am

This will help them more than you know.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FlyingGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:42 am

WobbleGator wrote:This will help them more than you know.

Beat me to it. This is the first thing I thought of.
FlyingGator on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:21 pm wrote:Watkins is a baller. Give him two years.
FlyingGator
Freshman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 am

scUM better enjoy their wins this year while they can, b/c after the NCAA gets done with them, it's gonna be a LONG time before they have a winning season.

PSU may be relevant again before scUM ever is (mainly b/c PSU is THE state university of PA, and has a humongous number of alumni and a fanbase that will accept their punishment and still go "home" for games - since scUM doesn't have any real "home" games, their attendance will drop like a rock once they start losing)
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Ilove hearing about and watching Miami "The U" implode. :cool:
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 pm

SavannahGator wrote:scUM better enjoy their wins this year while they can, b/c after the NCAA gets done with them, it's gonna be a LONG time before they have a winning season.

PSU may be relevant again before scUM ever is (mainly b/c PSU is THE state university of PA, and has a humongous number of alumni and a fanbase that will accept their punishment and still go "home" for games - since scUM doesn't have any real "home" games, their attendance will drop like a rock once they start losing)

Hell, the rock dropping has already started. Did you see the other thread about the, what 4,500, the had at their last game?
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm

FlyingGator wrote:

Your vid in the signature space NEVER gets old. I was at the game and my seat was such that I had a clear angle on this play. I came out of my seat and knew this was going to be a big day for The Gators...for you that don't know, it was the second play of the game a year after the "dance in the endzone" game by Georgia. Meyer got even in spades for that sorry episode.

Knowshon Moreno meet Brandon Spikes
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Indeed. Play of the year that year in my opinion.
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 pm

gatordad wrote:
FlyingGator wrote:

Your vid in the signature space NEVER gets old. I was at the game and my seat was such that I had a clear angle on this play. I came out of my seat and knew this was going to be a big day for The Gators...for you that don't know, it was the second play of the game a year after the "dance in the endzone" game by Georgia. Meyer got even in spades for that sorry episode.

Knowshon Moreno meet Brandon Spikes

That 3 second clip explains the last 2 decades of the border war.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Maybe they'll hire Randy Shannon to be the AD.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby soflagator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Who knew a tweet about chicken and waffles could be such a destructive force? Not to mention all of this stems from a USF grad. Sorry canes, you got trolled, bigtime. :lol:
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:32 pm

SavannahGator wrote:scUM better enjoy their wins this year while they can, b/c after the NCAA gets done with them, it's gonna be a LONG time before they have a winning season.

Even a rock can only fall to the bottom. How much farther down is it?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:

Even a rock can only fall to the bottom. How much farther down is it?

As far as China? We can only hope.... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby phideltgator » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:54 pm

The caines think they are going to beat ND.... :muttley:
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum