Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, DaMagicGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 55 guests

Break Out Game

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Break Out Game

Postby bamagator15 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 pm

I know its a lot of people that has given up on Andre Debose, but i really feel like he will have a break out game this weekend against LSPew. This is a team that he seems to really like playing against and does well. He has the ability to be a Game Changer this Sat if he's had a good practice week and stays focused. The special team unit hasnt been that special besides our ALL AMERICAN kicker CS. I think our special team will be the difference in the outcome of the game. Debose over 200 yards on kick off returns, 2 TD'S, CS kicks winning field goal.
Thoughts???

GATOR FAN!!!!!!
bamagator15
Baby Gator

Re: Break Out Game

Postby soflagator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Startiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggggg now! :lol:
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm

If he has that many kickoff yards it's probably not a good sign. That means they're scoring a lot. I hope he only has 1 kickoff return. ;)
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Debose does have a pretty good track record against the deauxche bags, so I will play along and give him a chance for a GOOD game. I am not holding my breath and expecting a great game out of him. That being said, I think if he can have a good game, that opens up players like Dunbar, Hammond, Burton, and Reed to possibly have break out games of their own.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RNGA » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:40 pm

GatorTAG wrote:If he has that many kickoff yards it's probably not a good sign. That means they're scoring a lot. I hope he only has 1 kickoff return. ;)

Agree! The opening kickoff after we win the coin toss!
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby ATXGator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm

People need to get over Debose. The guy has not proved that he has the work ethic to be successful. He continues to underperform regardless of what coaching staff is around.l He has great ability, but he has been a bust at this point. Don't expect him to all of the sudden start practicing hard at this point.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Obvious troll is obvious
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Alagator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm

I was thinking earlier this week that this would be a great week for him to have a break out game. Then I came to my senses and decided to quit punishing myself with wishful thinking. If it happens I will be pleasantly surprised and psyched about the possibilities. But at this point, I'm in "we'll see" mode.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm

ST punter is doing good.
Send Dubose on deep fly route "every time" (with rests). That way he
thins area of short & mid-range passes. Then timely have him slant
short or mid-range . Start with that to see how DBs react.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FullMoonMadness » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:56 pm

ATXGator wrote:People need to get over Debose. The guy has not proved that he has the work ethic to be successful. He continues to underperform regardless of what coaching staff is around.l He has great ability, but he has been a bust at this point. Don't expect him to all of the sudden start practicing hard at this point.

My thoughts exactly. It's time for people to accept he didn't pan out and move on.

Frankly, with the way he's performed on punt returns, I'll be disappointed if the coaching staff lets him return another punt.
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Against LSU, a Dubose KO TD or two KOs out past the 35 & 40 and
he's worth his salt. Right.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby bamagator15 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 pm

ATXGATOR, I cant give up on someone who is a part of the GATOR organization. I been in the military 20 years and if i give up on my young Soldiers cause they dont do the same stuff or exemplify the same standard i did 15 years ago, i would get rid of a lot of them. Wha i do now is see what makes there motor run and go with it, its not a dictatorship. If you have a talented kid, maybe he's not good in practice, doesnt mean he's not giving a 100%. I was All State in Alabama in Basketball my Senior year, but i wasnt a good practice person, gave my all, but just wasnt good, but game day i was on top. I know a lot of people that arent that good when it comes to practice, but game time they are totally different. Dont know if that's AD's case, but i wish him well this week and hopefully on out.

GATOR FAN!!!!!
bamagator15
Baby Gator

Postby lagator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Obvious troll is obvious

Obiously
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby ATXGator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm not sure I'm saying give-up on him, but maybe lower your expectations. He has to prove himself. I would look for the players who work hard to contribute. He clearly doesn't work hard. Maybe I just believe in hard work and individual responsibility.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Besides maybe a KO or a long bomb i wouldn't expect much out of him...he has done absolutely nothing as a WR to even make one believe that the coaches will put him out there for enough plays to have a break out game let alone actual think that if he does get enough plays he would have a break out game.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBait25 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Breakout games come from freshmen or second year kids . Think Trey Burton against KY in 2010. I don't think it's possible for a kid that's been on campus four years to have a ''breakout game''. I cringe whenever Debose does anything besides return a kickoff.
GatorBait25
True Gator

Postby Coach9 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm

I just hope we don't have a punt blocked. He's been hitting them well, but looks dangerously slow getting them off.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby bamagator15 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 pm

ATXGATOR, I can respect that post. I guess I just hate to see a kid with so much talent that plays for a team that I root for whole heartedly sitting over on the bench and not contributing. I agree, at some point and time you have to do a self evaluation and ask yourself, what can I do to earn the trust of my Coaches and Teammates. I also have to give Mus(Chomp) credit for sitting him down and making a STRONG statement, that will only help the program in the long run. We Damn sure can get it done without him though. Go Gators

GATOR FAN!!!!!
bamagator15
Baby Gator

Postby JOHNG » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:10 pm

I think lsu has had the same situation with their 5 star wonderkid ("next Percy Harvin") russell shepherd--who has been a complete bust all the way around ... (hate to see how much $$$ their cash handshake boosters wasted on this guy..)
JOHNG
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm

I like Dubose's Natural gifts... but coaches must see him as sub-par
in the Game and then sub-par in practice where he's suppose to
redeem himself. Puzzling, but what else can coaches do ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum