Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The RH Factor and 31 guests

Florida directional schools have openings, better than UT

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Florida directional schools have openings, better than UT

Postby Dugaboy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Christobol is gone at Florida International and Holtz is out at USF. These appear to be better jobs than the Tennessee thing. Growing programs, big campuses and student body support, big bucks and TV exposure, competative conferences, etc. and no skeletons...

As Ox says - Discuss.
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Re: Florida directional schools have openings, better than UT

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Butch Davis is the leading candidate right now. If that happens then Miami is in serious trouble. Davis, still has all his connections with "funding" in the area, and with Da U going into the doghouse for several years to come, they could become the second best team in South Florida, for good.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby vulcan_alex » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Well let's compare

Live in FL or live in TN. Looks like FL is the winner.

Must recruit nationally (UT). Can do well with local talent base. Looks like FL is the winner.

Has fans with high and perhaps excessive expectations especially in the SEC (TN). Has fans with reasonable expectations and weaker competition. Looks like FL is the winner.

For those with a reasonable ego and salary expectations Fl schools would be a better bet.

Time will tell and UT would be better served to go after likely canidates rather than those who clearly have great reasons to stay where they are.

Many coaches should thank UT for their raises and extensions, that is their largest contribution (if you think it is a good thing).
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby PastyStoole » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm

FunnGun wrote:Butch Davis is the leading candidate right now. If that happens then Miami is in serious trouble. Davis, still has all his connections with "funding" in the area, and with Da U going into the doghouse for several years to come, they could become the second best team in South Florida, for good.

Oh my God I would love to see Butch Davis at FIU right now. That would be hilarious.

*Lord, I know I haven't talked to you in awhile, but please do what you can to make this happen*
travy wrote:shove this article up your ass you mouthbreathing hick
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:09 pm

I hope Butch stays away from FIU. It'd be a shame to see such a young up-and-coming program get a death sentence.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby RTGator » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

If Butch is considering FIU that would be a sad statement on how far his stock has fallen. That school can barely get airtime even in their local market where delusional Hurricane fans continue to live in the past (way past).
RTGator
Redshirt Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm

How has UT not hired Bobby Petrino? The Vols are on the verge of becoming an Ole Miss, USCe (before Spurrier) or any other irrelevant SEC program. They have had two poor coaches and a splash like Petrino would bring in talent. I know he has personal issues, but at this point can they risk an unknown?
Last edited by g8trs99 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby DCflorida » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Our recently added WR coach is better than what UT ends up with. That's my prediction.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

DCflorida wrote:Our recently added WR coach is better than what UT ends up with. That's my prediction.

Our WR coach beat them with a converted WR playing QB for all of one week. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 pm

g8trs99 wrote:How has UT not hired Bobby Petrino? The Vols are on the verge of becoming an Ole Miss, USCe (before Spurrier) or any other irreverent

I'm pretty irreverent myself.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Gatorsports Forum