http://www.detroitne...cely/104483458/

#2 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for posting ccsdk.

It's amazing that you could swap team names and respective players and use the same story for either team. 

Both schools are in a similar position with somewhat recent coaching transitions, some success and coming into the third year implementing an offense and finding a signal caller.

This is one of the aspects that makes this one of the more interesting opening games.

#3 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

"Three spots on the line remain unresolved."

C.C. in the backfield.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

The matchup of their inexperienced secondary and our receivers could be the most crucial of the game. 

If I were looking at the game from a Michigan perspective, I'm running the ball right at Florida from the first possession. With their reliance on "heavy" formations and using the tight end in blocking it will slow the pass rush and force Florida to play gap sound against the run.

Michigan's defense must protect their secondary, so I would expect to see a lot of zone, five or more backs in all but obvious run situations.

• ccsdk likes this

#5 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

If Michigan protects secondary, the Gators should be able to run well, but Mich  would like to trade rushing TD's.

If Mich goes to zone I hope there are plenty of busts in their coverage. Gators line need to give enough time for zone(s) to break down. I takes experience to play good zone defense. 

• mtn2top and Lawrence of Florida like this

#6 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Gators line need to give enough time for zone(s) to break down. I takes experience to play good zone defense. 

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I find myself buying into the notion that this year's line will be different. I think they'll hold their own and, in addition to giving time for zones to break down, open up some decent running lanes for Scarlett, Perine, etc. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#7 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

If Michigan protects secondary, the Gators should be able to run well, but Mich  would like to trade rushing TD's.

If Mich goes to zone I hope there are plenty of busts in their coverage. Gators line need to give enough time for zone(s) to break down. I takes experience to play good zone defense. 

We saw at one NC game what a good team can do to zone defenses even one with players who were thought to be very good.

• mtn2top likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#8 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Dooley is right that the OL needs to show up and prove themselves.

#9 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Oh, hell, Jort lizards, Michigan is going to open a can of whup ass on your hand chopping selves like you've never experienced. 

I can't wait for the Big Ten beatdown on the 4th best team in the SEC East. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg

#10 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Well if this is run heavy Smash Mouth football then I suspect the fourth quarter will tell all.

#11 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

Well if this is run heavy Smash Mouth football then I suspect the fourth quarter will tell all.

Unless our defense has stuffed them several times and they seeing an SEC offense can't stop us.  We should expect a great effort and a positive result.  Great process leads to victory.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#12 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

This is interesting.
https://www.saturday...ecords-request/