Unimpressive.
  • 68andioweya1 likes this

#3 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

The other site is like a political forum in that everyone is either a pumper or a dumper. Not many outside opinions are even discussed. Here's what I see every time when I log on to the other site-

ORIGINAL POST - 

First poster - Yeah I agree

Second- Double Yeah

Third- Definitely Yes

Fourth- I don't see things that way

Fifth- The fourth poster is a moron. Here's why he sucks....

Sixth- I agree with your points on why he sucks

Seventh - The fourth poster is a moron. 

Eighth - Yeah!

Ninth - Double Yeah!

Tenth - Couldn't have said it better myself. 

And so on and so on.....

Hive mindset at it's finest. 

The constant Mac bashing isn't unwarranted but it's super annoying to have all of these grown ass men ***** about how Mac should have already been fired... Like that's an actual possibility in current college football climate. Hell, until our recent recruiting momentum there was a terrible picture of Mac on the front page for everyone to see everyday. Plus, there's not much news that you can't find on twitter and Rivals already so I don't have a real use for it.

In terms or forum functionality, yeah, the other site is wayyyy better lol it's not even close. But in terms of quality of posts and poster (besides our Ut friends) are far above what is over on the other site. I don't have to be a dumper to be a realistic, smart Gator football fan. I like what Ox has done over there but it's not for me. College football is always going to be a positive for me and over there it just isn't fun unless were beating people by 40 (not that I wouldn't enjoy that...). I like coming to this board and having the occasional discussion over relevant topics. I don't want to talk worst case scenarios like those other guys do. I think some people get off to that... or at least they do. 

That being said, I wish the guys over there the best of luck because whether I like them or not they're Gators.

Go Gators!

• WernerIsTentative, mtn2top and gator_tom like this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#4 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

The other site is like a political forum in that everyone is either a pumper or a dumper. Not many outside opinions are even discussed. Here's what I see every time when I log on to the other site-

ORIGINAL POST - 

Second- Double Yeah

Third- Definitely Yes

Eighth - Yeah!

Ninth - Double Yeah!

And so on and so on.....

The constant Mac bashing isn't unwarranted but it's super annoying to have all of these grown ass men ***** about how Mac should have already been fired... Like that's an actual possibility in current college football climate. Hell, until our recent recruiting momentum there was a terrible picture of Mac on the front page for everyone to see everyday. Plus, there's not much news that you can't find on twitter and Rivals already so I don't have a real use for it.

In terms or forum functionality, yeah, the other site is wayyyy better lol it's not even close. But in terms of quality of posts and poster (besides our Ut friends) are far above what is over on the other site. I don't have to be a dumper to be a realistic, smart Gator football fan. I like what Ox has done over there but it's not for me. College football is always going to be a positive for me and over there it just isn't fun unless were beating people by 40 (not that I wouldn't enjoy that...). I like coming to this board and having the occasional discussion over relevant topics. I don't want to talk worst case scenarios like those other guys do. I think some people get off to that... or at least they do. 

That being said, I wish the guys over there the best of luck because whether I like them or not they're Gators.

Go Gators!

There are idiots everywhere, they have some who are far above any that are in evidence here.

Now I post here and not there, for a difference of opinion with their management policy.

• GatorUrf10 likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#5 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

College football is supposed to be fun. Would I like more offense,heck yeah. But we are winning. The program seems to be moving in the right direction. Recruiting is on the upswing. If we have a good year, and the O improves, the sky is the limit.

ORIGINAL POST - 

Second- Double Yeah

Third- Definitely Yes

Eighth - Yeah!

Ninth - Double Yeah!

And so on and so on.....

Go Gators!

#6 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

College football is supposed to be fun. Would I like more offense,heck yeah. But we are winning. The program seems to be moving in the right direction. Recruiting is on the upswing. If we have a good year, and the O improves, the sky is the limit.

This. 

In my view, Mac bashing is premature at best, misguided at worst. He may not succeed, but I wouldn't bet against him.

#7 oxrageous

oxrageous

Gatorsports Legend

• Members
  • 14,076 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Wouldn't you guys actually like to post on a site that has participation?  Even lousy participation?  This place is a ghost town.  

#8 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Wouldn't you guys actually like to post on a site that has participation?  Even lousy participation?  This place is a ghost town.  

I check your board out every now and then and post occasionally. I like it better here, though, because people are generally much more civil when they disagree. It's okay to disagree in part or even in whole here. Even Lawrence eventually seemed to get into the groove here and cut down on some of the troll posting. A lot of the threads over on your board turn into pissing matches by the time they reach 3 pages... and there are so many grudges held between particular posters that some can't say ANYTHING without one of their nemeses jumping all over them for that they said.

Anyway, your board has its perks... like a little more information on certain things. But the conversation is also less civil and makes gator fans look bad in my opinion.

#9 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

No.  I don't have time.  At least at this place there is cordial discussion and opinions shared, not forced down someone's throat. It may be slow here, but I enjoy countering opinions that are discussed, not argued. 

I tried to like your place, Ox.  I really like several people that still post there.  It's just that the ******* volume has been cranked to 11.  Ain't got time. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#10 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

I've been here since Spurrier coached the Gators.  No reason to get in a hurry to rush off.  Seen quite a few people come and go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users