• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

The Gators should take the ball if they win the toss and, call plays that exploit Michigan's weaknesses and inexperience. McElwain should attack Michigan from the start like he did against us in the SEC championship game in 2009.

Even if the game is close I want the announcers to acknowledge that the Gators are the aggressors. I think Mac wants the change too.

Definitely agree with this. I can't stress it enough - I want to see aggression and feel like we're attacking on offense. I think our fan base will be more apt to forgive a loss if we feel like the staff was aggressive in defeat. 

Again, though, I don't believe we lose this game. Maybe it will be closer than my posted score prediction, but I think we win. I'm actually more leery of the Kentucky game, if you can believe that. 

#22 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

I would take a close win as Mtn2top suggests, but I fear that is the kind of game Michigan would win.

The Gators should take the ball if they win the toss and, call plays that exploit Michigan's weaknesses and inexperience. McElwain should attack Michigan from the start like he did against us in the SEC championship game in 2009.

Even if the game is close I want the announcers to acknowledge that the Gators are the aggressors. I think Mac wants the change too.

This is the first game and there will still be a lot to learn and implement as the season progresses. New season, new faces and roles across the team.  This is not one of the last games of the season where you know what you have as a coach.  

Part of the offense taking a bigger role this season should show in this game in TOP (time of possession).  As the season plays out, this offense should be much more dynamic and aggressive in calls as the confidence of the players grow.  It's unreasonable to expect we are going to Dallas and the offense, defense and special teams will fire on all eight cylinders.

I'm risk adverse, especially in an opener.  I think it will be business as usual with a balanced attack and allowing all phases of the game to contribute to the win. In that light, Michigan may be an ideal opponent with so many new faces learning their roles as well.  I would prepare the players for a grind and be delighted if it works out differently. 

UF has yet to beat Michigan in three tries, all post-season bowl games, some quite recent.  I for one won't expect a blow-out in the first regular season meeting.

#23 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

http://www.detroitne...cely/104483458/

#24 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 768 posts