4 replies to this topic

#1 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

http://www.onlygator...-massive-raise/

Breakdown of how much our Florida coaches are making...  Randy Shannon gets the big raise with the DC title.

#2 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Shannon is worth every penny and more.
  • mtn2top and like this

#3 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Something that people need to remember.  Florida has no state income tax, costs in Gainesville are different than some other places.  And we have beaches and things that others don't.

• mtn2top likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

We have buckets of money for the coaching staff.  That's what it takes to hire and keep top coaches and recruiters.

That's where the big schools get an edge. Coaching salaries are not regulated in college football.  Having great position coaches and recruiters on staff is essential to any program's long-term success.

• vulcan_alex and GatorUrf10 like this

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

We have buckets of money for the coaching staff.  That's what it takes to hire and keep top coaches and recruiters.

That's where the big schools get an edge. Coaching salaries are not regulated in college football.  Having great position coaches and recruiters on staff is essential to any program's long-term success.

That is how Urban had so much success when many of his coaches moved up trouble began.  Today you need a deep bench in those analyst positions.

• mtn2top likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users