Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

Am I a mod?

wg261ooicknkgiextyl6.png

• jdh5484 and gator_tom like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#2 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

obs_BLOG_POST_new_improved1-01.jpg

#3 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

It may be back up again, but it's not improved. 

They need to burn it to the ground and start from scratch.  I have to refresh the page several times before a cursor will appear in the comment box.  It no longer allows me to post pictures, gifs or video.  You can't copy and paste images from a website.

This site is broken beyond repair.  The number of users dwindles further every day.  Honestly, I don't know why they offer the site if they don't care enough to make it usable.  Between Pat Dooley rambling about himself and music in the "sports" section and this malfunctioning "forum", I would be ashamed to have my name tied to the Gainesville Sun's sports section.  It's honestly like no one at the Sun cares anymore.  

Anyone remember back when AT&T didn't care about customer service or innovation because they had a monopoly?  When they were finally forced to compete, innovation flourished.  The Sun has depended on a local monopoly for far too long.  The internet has ended the monopoly and yet the Sun has refused to adapt.

If the Sun wants to survive and be viable they need to clear out the dead wood, hire people that can connect with an audience and provide an online experience that won't leave us shaking our heads in disbelief.  The Sun did not realize what they had in Aschoff and Abolverde.  They had two young writers that connected with the audience and provided timely and informative information.  They let them leave for a bigger stage while retaining Dooley who is somehow convinced that readers aren't really interested in sports, but really want to hear him complain about every minor inconvenience he encounters.

I tried my best to be a consumer of the Sun.  I gave up my subscription years ago for the aforementioned reasons.  I stopped checking the news portion of the website around a year ago.  It won't be long before I give up on this "forum".  There are simply too many options out there that actually care about the product they provide.

Even in the present environment of competition with free sites, the Sun could flourish.  If only they had writers and administrators that actually took pride in what they do.

• jdh5484 and vulcan_alex like this

#4 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

We will go on to the end, whatever the cost may be....

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I did not notice the issues, it is not properly moderated but has usually worked as intended.  When they shut it down management spoke clearly about how little it matters to them.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 jdh5484

jdh5484

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Am I a mod?

wg261ooicknkgiextyl6.png

Only if I get to be the Admin.

giphy.gif

• Gator2222 likes this
We made a mistake with the extension, this guy deserves to be gone before more damage is done, but we just can't afford it, so hold on to your hats and try to be positive.
Wooble

#7 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Only if I get to be the Admin.

giphy.gif

Pfffft! 

• jdh5484 likes this

#8 CrocS

CrocS

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

what ever happen to the good 'ole days....laser beams and hot chicks woven within real gator sports discussions?  Old timers remember the oft used question: "pic?"  Those all made the banter on this site riveting and entertaining.  It helped that Meyer was running the table too....

• jdh5484 likes this

#9 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

what ever happen to the good 'ole days....laser beams and hot chicks woven within real gator sports discussions?  Old timers remember the oft used question: "pic?"  Those all made the banter on this site riveting and entertaining.  It helped that Meyer was running the table too....

What was the dude's name?  NCGatorbait or some such.....he always posted in blue font.  Your "pics?" reminded me of him. 

• jdh5484 likes this

#10 jdh5484

jdh5484

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We made a mistake with the extension, this guy deserves to be gone before more damage is done, but we just can't afford it, so hold on to your hats and try to be positive.
Wooble

#11 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

And back to recruiting!

tumblr_niwjpbs5yj1qz8x31o3_500.gif

#12 jdh5484

jdh5484

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

giphy.gif

Wooble

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users