• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:54 AM

I was getting worried that we would be jinxed this season as the darling of the SEC press.  No danger of that now.

#2 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

We were never in any danger about losing our second place preseason title. Without a proven QB, we're a second tier team and the media is counting on our defense not being at the level it has been at. 

Can't wait to prove them wrong, again.

• mtn2top and gator_tom like this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#3 mkfgator

mkfgator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Good. When Georgia gets so much love early , we usually get so much glory late. Remember 2008?

• mtn2top likes this

#4 Homer J

Homer J

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

2008?  Heck, weren't they the preseason favorites in 2015?  Tennessee was the preseason National Champions last year.

Year 3 for Mac and he is flying under the radar again.  With the line and QBs we will have next year (2018), this will be the last year that we will be under the radar.

• mtn2top likes this

#5 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

The outcome of any game, much less a divisional championships should not be taken for granted.  Georgia will be a contender.  They'll have a formidable offense and test for our defense. 

How about the Georgia defense?  That's the side of that match-up that intrigues me.  A high scoring Florida-Georgia game?  It may have to be for us to win the game and another divisional championship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users