• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

The Washington Post is reporting that DRob has signed a "two-way" contract with the Wizards. He'll start out playing in a developmental league, but at least he has a foot in the door, and he is now a teammate of Bradley Beal (well, maybe not quite yet).

#2 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Best of luck to Devin.  I hope things work out for him there.  Would have loved to see him at Florida for his senior season.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#3 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Best of luck to Devin.  I hope things work out for him there.  Would have loved to see him at Florida for his senior season.

Totally agree. 

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

These kids are in such a hurry to get to the NBA and money.  I understand why they are eager to leave.

Devin Robinson is a case where he should have stayed, or at least kept that option open by not hiring an agent.  He could have had a phenomenal senior season with a lot of talent around him to improve his play and draft stock.  There's a lot of sitting around when you are on an NBA developmental squad.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#5 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Do you think he was worried he might not play as much as last year if he had stayed? 

HE certainly could use work on being more consistent. 

#6 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

I agree that it would have helped his game to play college ball another year. But I hope that he improves his game and joins the Wizards soon. Time will tell.

#7 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

I think he would have played more minutes with the scoring void of Kasey Hill and especially Canyon Barry.  That's a lot of points to make up this season.

#8 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

I might be wrong but I see overseas in his future.  Perhaps staying would not have improved his game, but if you enjoy college another year is never going to be made out.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#9 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

I might be wrong but I see overseas in his future.  Perhaps staying would not have improved his game, but if you enjoy college another year is never going to be made out.

This is also the path I see after a try at the NBA.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#10 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

I actually understand why he left... He was already 22 years old I believe...and I doubt he would be making a huge jump next year in terms of his development because I haven't seen a ton of development since he has been here. I think it was very below average development considering what was expected of a 6-8 athletic forward with handling skills. If anything, the mistake was that he didn't leave after his freshman year, because he hasn't gotten THAT much better since then and probably would have gotten drafted in the early second round on potential alone.

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad he stayed, but he might have gotten a real NBA check for at least a season or two if he had left after his freshman season, which I don't see happening now... Or it could have all played out the same as it has now. Either way, the fact that he never developed a reliable jump shot or showed much killer instinct or leadership on the court is what, I think, doomed him.
  • vulcan_alex and mtn2top like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users