• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

Since his decommitment  from USCw, five star QB Matt Corral has been looking for a new home. He has suggested many times that he is very interested in the Gators and wants to visit and commit to a new school by the end of July. 

My question is- If Fields has cooled on us, which seems to be the case, should we openly pursue this guy? There are rumors about how UF coaches have told him they are interested but want him to keep quiet because they are still all-in on Fields. 

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#2 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

Tough question. I'm glad that I do not have to make this decision.

#3 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Didn't Justin fields just do another unofficial visit here like within the last week? I don't stay very up to date on recruiting but if it's true that he is cooled I hope we go after this guy hard

#4 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:39 AM

I'm not sure if he's cooled, that's just a rumor. It's a rumor about every other program that he's visited too. No one knows what this kid is going to do and anyone who says they do is lying. 

I just watched a video posted  to Rivals that has him chatting about UF and it seems to be really positive. He talked about how the new players were moving in and he got to meet their families. He stayed the night with two current UF players and the only school he did that at before was Penn St. He did go on to say he might do that at Auburn. So that leaves me to believe it's a two horse race between us and Auburn. 

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#5 CoachLBH

CoachLBH

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:35 AM

If we are suppose to keep quiet. Then do it.

#6 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

I think we're safe.  There's like four of us here. 

• WernerIsTentative, suwanneegator and Gator2222 like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#7 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

If we are suppose to keep quiet. Then do it.

What?

#8 CoachLBH

CoachLBH

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:29 AM

Easy to understand if you want the best for our program.  If you indeed got an inside or outside rumor and was asked to be quiet, then do it.

#9 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

Easy to understand if you want the best for our program.  If you indeed got an inside or outside rumor and was asked to be quiet, then do it.

I'm not spreading any rumors that aren't already on the national Rivals site. Still don't quite understand what you're getting at but okay, coach....

#10 CoachLBH

CoachLBH

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

You're Good. Go Gators

#11 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I think we're safe. There's like four of us here.

This made me lol
  • vulcan_alex likes this

#12 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

This made me lol

same here

I wanted to comment but I was afraid to say anything

• WernerIsTentative likes this

#13 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

This made me lol

Literally

#14 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

I think we should recruit all players that we think will improve our program and that we have room for.  Anybody who is afraid of actually earning their position and competing probably needs to go somewhere else.

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#15 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

Great article with video about Matt Coral here:

https://www.sbnation...gia-florida-usc

I would post the info instead of just giving a link, but this "forum" is so utterly broken it freezes up every time I try.

#16 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

I can remember a time back in the day when Florida recruited, and signed, the All-State QBs from the 4 largest football classifications in the state. Now we're afraid of openly recruiting 2 competing players? Pathetic. I think all recruiting gurus should be arrested and exiled to San Francisco.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#17 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

News of his interest could put a bit of pressure on Fields to commit.  The more 5 star QB's interested in the Gators the more I like it.

• vulcan_alex and Gator2222 like this

#18 MariettaGator

MariettaGator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

I like Justin Fields as he plays nearby and I want to watch his senior season knowing that he will be a Gator.
  • mtn2top likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users