• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

I think with the Gators' 4-3 win over the Tigers tonight and their 19th one run win this season that we have a new Cardiac Kids team on the block. I don't think I've ever seen a team win so much with so little hitting. Amazing.  You may be reading my obituary in the paper Thursday 'cause I don't know how much more of this that I can handle. Say what you will about Coach O'Sullivan, he has recruited some outstanding kids with a lot of heart.

One more win, if you will, please. And from the bottom of my heart don't make it a cliffhanger. I can't stand watching them but I can't stay away from them.

GO GATORS!!!

• OldGatorAlum likes this

#2 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:18 AM

I have to turn them off for a few minutes sometimes and take some deep breaths. I feel your pain. It just makes winning all the sweeter. 

I have a feeling we're in for some more heart-stressing baseball soon. 

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#3 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

This team does not give up. They just keep fighting. 

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Agreed, a 8-0 win tonight for the NC would be wonderful! Go Gators!

#5 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

If they stay true to this season's tendencies in these types of situations they will lose tonight by a few runs, then come back tomorrow when every one has counted them out and win somehow, thus giving me an ulcer. 

WIN TONIGHT GATORS!

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#6 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

chances are that we lose this 2nd game and the last game comes to a nail-biting 1 run situation in the 9th. 

#7 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Just look at this!  NeGators! 

LSU comes out playing tight and Florida beats them on a last second goal line stand.

• GatorUrf10 likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#8 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

I can breathe at last. Thank God Almighty, I can breathe at last.

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this

#9 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

I can breathe at last. Thank God Almighty, I can breathe at last.

ha, I was that way all game

crazy that this is the team that finally wins it

outstanding job by O'Sullivan

suck it Noles

#10 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

Many moments to remember from these two games and especially tonight's NC clinching game. 

Looking back over the entire CWS, the Gators dominated play in Omaha.  Outstanding pitching led the way, but defense and offense played key parts.  What an impressive overall performance.  Florida won the critical opening games of the CWS.  For anyone not convinced that UF is the best team in the SEC and now the nation, we swept LSU in the finals.

It took ten years, but Coach Sullivan has a title to go with all of the hard work it took to elevate Florida Baseball to the highest level. 

• Wuerffel4Pres and GatorUrf10 like this

#11 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

I may have a mild hangover, but I'm smiling. 

I'm gonna hit the Reitz to see if they have NC shirts for sale yet. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#12 rllrll

rllrll

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

Great win. The bunting was driving me nuts but the Gators hung tough with great heart and it paid off. It was UF's time!!!

#13 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Great win. The bunting was driving me nuts but the Gators hung tough with great heart and it paid off. It was UF's time!!!

Lol I agree about the bunting. It seemed our worst bunting option, Langworthy, was always in a bunt situation...

#14 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Lol I agree about the bunting. It seemed our worst bunting option, Langworthy, was always in a bunt situation...

I also agree about the bunting. I'm not trying to pee in anyone's cereal after what the Gators just accomplished but please, please, Coach O'Sullivan, teach next year's team how to bunt. That has been one of the biggest, if not the biggest, flaw in the Gators for several years and it's cost them some games. I was never a good baseball player (actually I was lousy) but I knew how to hold the bat for bunting when I was 12 years old. These guys are at least 18 and some of them hold the bat like one of the softball players that likes to hit the little choppers. Don't work in baseball. But, good gosh, I'm proud of these boys. What a job they did under pressure.

#15 g8tr76

g8tr76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Regionals, super regionals and CWS, the season stretched on.   What a great job by our boys of Spring!  The 8th took all the wind out of the bayou kitty's sails.  Top of the 8th bases loaded and we were hit by a pitch. Then Liput put it out of reach and emptied the stands.

I didn't understand the bunting fiasco either.     They seemed OK at it earlier in the year but in the final game they couldn't get it together.   Oh well, I will take the championship and lie and brag all year!!!!

Go Gators!

#16 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:22 AM

Championship > Bunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users