• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

Rising star Justin Fields is now in Gainesville on an official visit. Fields is rated a 5* and the nation's #1 dual threat QB.

Fields previously visited Florida on May 6th. On that visit he brought along more than a half dozen family members. It's always a good sign when a recruit brings family members on the visit with him. If a recruit is just taking a visit for fun, they rarely bring a parent. Conversely, when a player is seriously considering a school they usually bring their parents.

Fields returned to Gainesville on an official visit on Tuesday. He arrived after attending the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton. The really good news? Fields mom flew in from Pennsylvania to join her son on his visit.

Fields recently visited Auburn, Georgia and Florida State. According to SECCountry.com, Fields only took his father on each of those visits. The fact that he brought multiple family members on the first visit and now has his parents with him on the return visit appears to be a good sign for the Gators.

https://www.seccount...s-visit-florida

#2 gatorhart

gatorhart

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

His signing could usher in a new era in UF football.

Can Mac close?

• Homer J and mtn2top like this

#3 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

His signing could usher in a new era in UF football.

Can Mac close?

I totally agree.

And Mac's ability to close really is coming to the forefront in this cycle. So far, he's been excellent for c/o 2018 and 19 but I've made excuses in the past citing that he hasn't had enough time to identify the right talent and furthermore make solid relationships. Currently, that can't be the case moving into his third year and having the time to identify Fields as his #1 target.

Good luck Mac. This could be a make or break moment in the long run for him. 

• mtn2top likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#4 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

LOF, no funny business! 

#5 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

I can see a potential Florida offensive succession from Zaire to Fields.  Zaire would break-in a new dual-threat offense that Fields would be able to take-over. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users