#1 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

What: College World Series

Who: Florida (48-18) vs. Louisville (53-10). Cardinals won the coin toss and will be the designated home team.

When: 7 p.m. Tuesday

Where: TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, Omaha, Neb.

TV: ESPN

Radio: AM-850, 98.1-FM

Pitching matchup: UF righty Brady Singer (7-5, 3.29 ERA) vs. Louisville TBA

#2 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

Go Gators! 

I wish my son wasn't closing tonight so we could watch together.  Guess I'll just blow his phone up with texts. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#3 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Great job by Brady Singer and the rest of the Gators' pitchers tonight. Timely hitting but they do keep you on the edge of your seat.

Isn't it refreshing to look at the Gators team and not see any of those "Hey! Look at me. I'm a moron hairdos"?

#4 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

Ha. Yes it is. Great win last night.

#5 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Is it weird that I feel better about this team than any other team Sully has taken to Omaha?

Unlike last year, this team had no huge expectations put on them and they genuinely seem to enjoy each other. It's funny because out of all of the teams in the CWS, they have the slimmest margin for error but they don't act like it. Teams that play loose tend to win the CWS. It would be ironic and fitting for this team to win it all but there is still so much to overcome not even mentioning their lack of bullpen. Oregon State and Lsu are two of the better teams I've seen but the Gators are certainly capable of beating them with their top 3 pitchers.  

Keep playing loose, Gators!

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#6 rllrll

rllrll

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

Great game except the ESPN announcers. They sounded like the three stooges, all talking nonsense. I had to turn off the audio. They could all be replaced by one "Mick Hubert"!

• OldGatorAlum likes this

#7 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

we'll be hard to beat if the pitching holds up, the middle / bottom of the order continues to produce, and we can get more production from the top of the order

Liput is on quite a tear right now

#8 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Great game except the ESPN announcers. They sounded like the three stooges, all talking nonsense. I had to turn off the audio. They could all be replaced by one "Mick Hubert"!

I agree. Doesn't seem like there's anyone left that can actually call a ballgame from the booth without getting way off track. I couldn't care less about the announcer's less than sterling major league career.

• rllrll likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users