• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Article from "Saturday Down South" on May 20th.

Author seems to feel like MAC is being soft of AC with just a one game suspension for 7oz marijuana possession.  Although he was cleared of charges back in 2016 for sexual assault,  he admitted he was so high, "he had no interest with having sex with anyone".  McElwain said "We'll get it handled".

Last sentence in the article: "Moreover, this has to be Callaway's last chance. If he screws up again, McElwain would be wise to cut the cord once and for all"

#2 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Looks like you boys and girls are holding your combined breaths!!  LOL

#3 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#4 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

800 lb. gorilla?.........oh wait........maybe its's FAKE NEWS!!!

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Nobody is breaking ties over this sort of thing, he will get a suspension, some assistance, and if needed more suspensions.  It seems like UT keeps players who have possible violence issues in the past.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

Beer is good for pretzel thirst Dave!

• vulcan_alex likes this

#7 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Yeah?  They must like them on defense.

#8 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

We lost our starting QB to some bullcrap drug charge when rumors have been swirling for years about PED usage within the Alabama program. I don't recall one other major program losing a promising QB the way we did - that would be like Sam Darnold getting ripped from USC right as they were beginning to get excited about him. 

In addition, our players always seem to be targeted more by Alachua/Gainesville police than other programs by their hometown police forces. Nick Saban hosts the Tuscaloosa Police Department at a team BBQ each summer where officers get to mingle and develop personal relationships with players. 

We had a guy arrested for joking with a police dog. Saban had players found with guns and drugs in a car in Louisiana and they didn't miss a snap to my knowledge. 

All due respect, OP, but anyone complaining about our players' punishments can piss off. I'm mad Callaway will even miss one game for this. I would have him run a few sets of stairs at The Swamp and call it a day. 

#9 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

LOF, you seem to have conflicting opinions on the subject.You don't want anyone to complain about the punishment, but then you would just let him slide with running some stairs?   You would make a great politician!!

#10 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

LOF, you seem to have conflicting opinions on the subject.You don't want anyone to complain about the punishment, but then you would just let him slide with running some stairs?   You would make a great politician!!

No, I'm saying I don't care if anyone complains. Our players get targeted far more in Gainesville than rivals do in their college towns. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#11 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

If I was head coach, you'd basically have to kill someone to miss time. 

I'll get killed for this by Tom and the others who think I'm a Nole troll, but I always liked the Bowden philosophy of "Boys will be boys." Bobby never seemed to let the media/rival fans get him down about his punishment style. I remember one time Janikowski got cited for something right before one of their national title games - may have been in New Orleans?  The media tried to pounce on Bowden and pressure him to suspend him, but Bowden said he had special, "international rules" for Janikowski, who was Polish, and he still kicked in the game, lol. Another time I think he said, "It's not like he shot the president." It was almost like Bobby didn't care what anyone else thought about his guys getting into trouble and still being allowed to play. If you were significant contributor and had earned a certain amount of those tomahawk stickers on your helmet, you could be fairly certain you'd be running out of the tunnel no matter what you did. That had to help on the recruiting trails, one would think? 

#12 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Beer is good for pretzel thirst Dave!

I did extensive research on your theory last night.  You are correct, sir. 

• gator_tom likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#13 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Heineken wants open borders!  Boycott them.  They suck anyway.

#14 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Heineken wants open borders.  Boycott them,  Their beer is terrible anyway!

#15 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

So dumb, he posted twice.
  • vulcan_alex and gator_tom like this

#16 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

So dumb, he read it twice

#17 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Why do you spend so much time here?

#18 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

We all know the dope about what it means to be a highly recruited player at the University of Florida.

If you have star talent you get a pass after pass.

I give you one name to sum up what if means to be sheltered in the loving arms of fans, alumni and a head coach - Aaron Hernandez. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg

#19 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

We all know the dope about what it means to be a highly recruited player at the University of Florida.

If you have star talent you get a pass after pass.

This is B.S. 

We're constantly having significant contributors miss time. 

You should take this argument to Tidefans.com where it belongs. Saban had players arrested in an unregistered vehicle with weapons and drugs and they didn't miss a game. He also brings in the Tuscaloosa police each offseason to enjoy a BBQ with the team and develop rapport with the players so it will be more difficult to arrest them. 

I'm not apologizing for anything done by our guys - it's no worse than what's being done at other programs except our consequences always seem to be more severe. 

There have been rumors about rampant PED use within the Alabama football program for nearly a decade now. Yet, our skinny QB is the one who somehow gets targeted with testing and we never get to witness another snap with him. Funny how all these unstoppable Alabama RB's, for instance, get to the League and all the sudden are pedestrian and look smaller (except for Lacy who just got fat). Where is the rigorous testing in Tuscaloosa? 

"Bleep" off with disciplinary smack directed at our program. We don't care and we'll do whatever we want after everything we've been through. This is now the Republic of Zaire.

#20 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

All the BS aside, everyone knows HeeHaw is soft on discipline.  Yeah, he disciplined one player in his first year.......then downward spiral, because he know it doesn't work with thugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users