Close Open
Close Open
Photo

September 2, 2017: UF 38 Champions of the West 14.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

Mac will finally have the talent to exploit another teams' defense like he did as OC with Alabama against the Gators (absent Dunlap) in the  2009 Championship game. History will repeat itself to some extent in our opening game against 7th ranked Houston in 69.

Meatchicken should not be ranked now, and may not be at the end of the season. They score only on a pick-six thrown by Franks and a late garbage touchdown.

Our quarterbacks show promise but our skilled players and OL are sensational.

Our defense bends but does not break. Mich turns the ball over and  looks Big Ten slow.

The Gators will have a hangover and will play poorly in victory against N. Col. We will barely beat the Champions of Life (They play their best game of the season) 17-13 by grinding it out on the ground.

LOF resumes his criticism of the Gator offense and he predicts that Kentucky will win. Then the QB's come to life with the rest of team an the Gators rout the hapless Cats.

This will not be a NC year. We let down against the puppies and lose in a close hard fought game with the Tide. We overwhelmingly win our BCS bowl game, to finish the season 12-2.

At the end of the year no one gives the Gators much credit for beating Meatchicken.

Harbaugh returns to the NFL.

• gator_tom likes this

#2 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

I can see us beating Michigan. I don't think any of us realized just how much experience they would lose this offseason. Also, they've gotten the best of us the last few times we've played, so the odds favor a reversal.

The way I see it playing out now is that we beat Michigan, which leads to a lot of hype and excitement, only to drop games against UT and UK, which will lead to unbridled panic. 

If UF was a stock, I'd recommend selling in the aftermath of the Michigan win, buying again the last week of September (it would be very cheap at this point, no doubt, yet we could still snipe LSU or Texas A&M at home), and then unloading again as we move into November. That would be $$$$$$$.

The good news is that after our 5th straight loss to FSU (including 7 of last 8 and 4th straight in the Swamp), Gator Nation should finally be ready to entertain serious discussions about replacing Mac and "woke" fans like me and Gatorhart who have been questioning the direction of the program won't get labeled as Noles. 

#3 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

It's been difficult for me to get a feel for the opening game.  I am optimistic about the season for the Gators. 

It's been a few years since the quality of our defense was questioned.   There's no way to ignore the massive attrition of talent to the NFL and graduation.  It's going to be very difficult to improve our defense from last season. 

On the other side of the ball, I expect the offense to show considerable improvement.  I see LDR starting and Franks in the backup role as giving us the best chance to win the opening game. 

It's the reversal of roles between the offense and defense and how the balance will work itself out that is such a question mark.  To have to find that point on such a big stage in the opener for a young team will be especially challenging. 

#4 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

I see LDR starting 

If true, that should be as big an indictment as anything on this staff. 

Year 3 and stuck with a QB the caliber of LDR is simply unacceptable. Especially considering this coach was hired to resurrect our offense. 

Disgusting to think of that little scrub trotting out there to take the first snap in Cowboys Stadium. But you're probably right - I've had a gut feeling it would be him all along because Franks is overrated, Trask is a waste of a scholarship, and Allen wants to redshirt. 

#5 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

If true, that should be as big an indictment as anything on this staff. 

Year 3 and stuck with a QB the caliber of LDR is simply unacceptable. Especially considering this coach was hired to resurrect our offense. 

Disgusting to think of that little scrub trotting out there to take the first snap in Cowboys Stadium. But you're probably right - I've had a gut feeling it would be him all along because Franks is overrated, Trask is a waste of a scholarship, and Allen wants to redshirt. 

You still have not responded in the softball thread that YOU yourself started. Are you ever going to do that?

#6 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 677 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

The way I see it playing out now is that we beat Michigan, which leads to a lot of hype and excitement, only to drop games against UT and UK, which will lead to unbridled panic. 

No one here expected anything different form a nole troll. 

No one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users