95 replies to this topic

#1 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

<shaking my head>

When I compare TENNESSEE to Florida.....

“Rocky Top” vs “We are the Boys of Old Florida”

People around the world have heard the bluegrass classic, “Rocky Top”

Who in the hell has ever heard “We are the Boys of Florida”? Just a sprinkling of jort lizards.

Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow/Danny Wuerffel

Peyton Manning, the second greatest NFL quarterback of all time compared to the no talent bums, Tebow and Wuerffel , who never made it in the NFL? Surely you jest!

Neyland Stadium vs Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Beautiful historic Neyland Stadium overlooking the breathtaking Tennessee River compared to that concrete monstrosity known as “The Swamp”. It’s like comparing a Picasso to a Hitler painting.

The Tennessee T vs wholesale players charging the field

Our teams has class and flare with the T while Florida is like a prison break coming to the field. Class vs rabble hordes. 

The Pride of the Southland Band vs the Florida Band

Like comparing the Boston Pops orchestra to Alexander’s Ragtime Band

Tennessee Head Coaches vs Florida Head Coaches.

Fulmer and Majors were loyal alumni there for the long haul while Meyer and Spurrier were Benedict Arnold’s who turned their back on Florida for greener pastures. 

Vol fans vs Gator fans

Even an 11 years streak of losing to the hated Gators did not trigger Vol fans to implode and turn on the head coach and players while the Gator fans after a few years without competing for the SECC and National Championship started a firestorm of bitterness and intolerance against the Florida AD and coaches.

Well there it is, ladies and gentlemen, a proof positive of the ascendency of the University of Tennessee over the supercilious clowns of the University of Florida. 

I rest my case. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg

#2 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

There is no comparison of UT to UF that is positive to UT.  Now they have a larger stadium.  But the real issues are in Academics where UT is a C and UF is an A or A-.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#3 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

There is no comparison of UT to UF that is positive to UT.  Now they have a larger stadium.  But the real issues are in Academics where UT is a C and UF is an A or A-.

Vulcan boy, I'll put up the illustrious record of Physicians that have excelled in their careers after graduating from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine in Memphis against your UF Medical school grads anytime anywhere. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

You can teach a monkey to type on a keyboard.  That doesn't make them poets.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#5 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

That is Creative Writing at it's finest! Have you ever considered writing fiction short stories as a career?

Fulmer and Majors were UT attendees. They were also chased out of Knoxvillage because they couldn't beat the Mighty Gators unless the Gators had a really bad day, usually with some striped help.

I've got a story line that you may be interested in if you can get IQof54 to be a collaborator on it. You can name it "Grizzly Encounters of the Imaginary Kind". Should sell 40 or 50 books in tennessee if you include a lot of pics.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#6 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

UF fans = realistic

Ut fans = delusional

The first post in this thread proves my point for me.  

• vulcan_alex likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#7 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

UF fans = realistic

Ut fans = delusional

The first post in this thread proves my point for me.  

Every point I made was unerringly valid.

I forgot one other little tidbit. We ended the 11 game losing streak last year as the blue skies opened up again for the legendary Tennessee Volunteers.

We are on our way back while you are on your way down.

Still Our Royal Family!!

#8 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

The premise of this thread is faulty on it's face as one cannot compare Tennessee to UF.

• vulcan_alex likes this

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...

#9 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

The premise of this thread is faulty on it's face as one cannot compare Tennessee to UF.

I just did. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

#10 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

Every point I made was unerringly valid.

No. Delusional. 

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#11 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

Tennessee band is better. Florida has the stronger football, baseball, basketball, and most other sports programs as well, and much stronger academics.

Sowwy vols

• vulcan_alex likes this

#12 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Let's REALLY compare UF to UT:

UF = Prime Rib

UT = Potted Meat

#13 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Let's REALLY compare UF to UT:

UF = Prime Rib

UT = Potted Meat

I prefer

UT=beatles.jpg

UF=586eb5870ccfb.image.jpg

Still Our Royal Family!!

#14 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Tennessee will finish 10th this year in the SEC All-Sports Award this year (Florida was 1st... no surprise there). At least they have those mediocre academics and those week 2 football championships to fall back on.

#15 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

It never gets old......

CxzjPSUVEAMwotO.jpg

#16 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

SEC  all sports award?    YAWN!!!

#17 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

SEC  all sports award?    YAWN!!!

We were waiting on your to chime in. Good job staying consistent. Speaking of consistent, our boy orange is about to hit the 1,000 post mark. Feels like 4,000 with all of the typical drivel. 

#18 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Awwww...sounds like you missed me..........gatorurfortenn!!!

#19 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

Maybe we should chip in and buy UT a participation trophy since they have so few actual CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHYS? Naaah, bad idea, we'd never hear the end of the bragging from yorkie and iqof54. Forget that I suggested that in a moment of pity.

#20 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

suwaneeturd ............he missed me too!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users