S4F4M

True Gator

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

May God have mercy on your soul.

Sad.

"What went wrong?

Dennis Hernandez died from routine hernia surgery at 49 when Aaron was 16. The son lost more than a father. He began using drugs, hanging around unsavory characters, and rebelling against rules and authorities. The first-round talent went to the New England Patriots in the fourth round. He continued to use narcotics, including angel dust, and hang around with losers when not around winners on the practice field. Despite blessings of talent and an organization known for discipline, number 81 pulled defeat from the jaws of victory as remarkably as his college and professional quarterbacks did the reverse."

http://www.breitbart...mp-white-house/

"George W. Bush did more damage to America than Osama Bin Laden." - Sam Zakhem (former Ambassador for Reagan)
- led to the rise of BO and the Democratic party
- terrorism persists
- debt (see first dash)
- loss of freedoms (see first dash)

#2 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

May God have mercy on your soul.

Sad.

"What went wrong?

Dennis Hernandez died from routine hernia surgery at 49 when Aaron was 16. The son lost more than a father. He began using drugs, hanging around unsavory characters, and rebelling against rules and authorities. The first-round talent went to the New England Patriots in the fourth round. He continued to use narcotics, including angel dust, and hang around with losers when not around winners on the practice field. Despite blessings of talent and an organization known for discipline, number 81 pulled defeat from the jaws of victory as remarkably as his college and professional quarterbacks did the reverse."

http://www.breitbart...ump-white-house

Rest in peace? Let him rot  in hell. Aaron Hernandez was a serial killer who murdered innocent human beings and if somehow this homicidal manicac escaped prison he would kill again. The world is a better place without that sociopath. 

I feel no pity or sadness from the news of his death. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg

#3 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

What went wrong?  Aaron Hernandez.

A lot of kids lose their fathers at a young age. Most don't become thugs because of it. He had a world of opportunity that the majority of young men don't have and made a conscious choice to be a criminal and murderer.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Hernandez play while a Gator but his dark side was well hidden by the coaches and the media. A loser is a loser be he a Gator, vol, dawg or nole.

• vulcan_alex and dfwgator like this

#4 S4F4M

S4F4M

True Gator

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Rest in peace? Let him rot  in hell.

You are right on the RIP.  I changed it.

However, when any Gator (good or bad) that we all rooted for ends up in the gutter, one does feel (at least I do) some sadness.

My sorrow was for his path and poor decisions and ultimate loss of hope (and maybe a sense of remorse and "what have I done" to get myself here) that led to his suicide.

He was a great Gator once.

So sad is the downfall of one with so much God-given potential.

• vulcan_alex likes this
"George W. Bush did more damage to America than Osama Bin Laden." - Sam Zakhem (former Ambassador for Reagan)
- led to the rise of BO and the Democratic party
- terrorism persists
- debt (see first dash)
- loss of freedoms (see first dash)

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,547 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

It is sad when a person who has so much potential wastes it and uses violence.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Could there have been a more starker contrast between two men than Tebow and Hernandez? 

#7 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • LocationThe sunny beaches of South Florida and the hilltops of Tennessee!!!

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

I posted this comment this morning on another forum.

"I'm still shook up by this.

Yes, I know there's the mindset that some people have of "well, he deserved it"...maybe he did...I don't know...I never met Aaron.

But I can tell you about forgiveness and I had hoped he would have found it. I pray for his family and the people that genuinely cared about him.

This reminds me a little bit of King David from the Bible. Most of us remember King David as the boy who slew the giant Goliath. However, most of us forget that he lusted after a married woman, committed adultery with her, then used his authority as King to make sure her husband was killed in the front lines of war...then the Lord made it very clear that her husbands blood was on King David hands...so let's not be so quick to judge Aaron.

Even though it didn't end well I believe there are things that he did in his life that are worth remembering. I hope most Gator fans are a little saddened by this.

Take care guys, God Bless."
  • mtn2top likes this
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#8 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

I posted this comment this morning on another forum.

"I'm still shook up by this.

Yes, I know there's the mindset that some people have of "well, he deserved it"...maybe he did...I don't know...I never met Aaron.

But I can tell you about forgiveness and I had hoped he would have found it. I pray for his family and the people that genuinely cared about him.

This reminds me a little bit of King David from the Bible. Most of us remember King David as the boy who slew the giant Goliath. However, most of us forget that he lusted after a married woman, committed adultery with her, then used his authority as King to make sure her husband was killed in the front lines of war...then the Lord made it very clear that her husbands blood was on King David hands...so let's not be so quick to judge Aaron.

Even though it didn't end well I believe there are things that he did in his life that are worth remembering. I hope most Gator fans are a little saddened by this.

Take care guys, God Bless."

Tell me, were you saddened by assassination of Osama bin Laden? Would you pray for the souls of serial killers like Ted Bundy? 

I wonder of the family and friends of this bastard's victims were "shook up" when they were notified by the police of their loved one's murder?

Hell no, I don't play the sad violin for a man who earned fame and fortune for being a sports star but threw it all away to murder innocent human beings because he thought he was being disrespected. 

Like I said before this is a better world without this sociopath and homicidal maniac. . 

Still Our Royal Family!!

#9 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Rest in peace? Let him rot  in hell. Aaron Hernandez was a serial killer who murdered innocent human beings and if somehow this homicidal manicac escaped prison he would kill again. The world is a better place without that sociopath. 

I agree. Dude was a horrible person.

Only people I feel sad for are his close family for the embarrassment and heartbreak, but it may be easier for them in the long run because now they can move past this. I feel sorry for their sadness but not for Aaron's death.

#10 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

He was in line to be an all time great NFL TE, multiple super bowls with the best QB of all time, and money... a lot of money.

All he had to do was not murder people. 

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#11 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Even "good stress"- aquittal from criminal charges_ can have massive consequences.

Alvin you have one of the best minds on the board: just neutralize him.

Aaron Hernandez was!

Just add a few pieces back at a time. Sometimes working backwards helps show all the organizing principles that made this man.  At the same time he is responsible for each and every decision he made in his life - millions I'm  sure.

Yet my faith does not allow me to judge him one way or another for anything.

Yes, This pontification comes from from one of the most judgmental people on earth! Lately there has been a "Spring clean for the May Queen".  Just 1% less judgmental has removed so much clutter from my brain.

And no I am not gay- the quote does not refer to that .

Any more Motorboat pictures Alvin? Seriously, I like them! 

#12 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Even "good stress"- aquittal from criminal charges_ can have massive consequences.

Aaron Hernandez was!

Just add a few pieces back at a time. Sometimes working backwards helps show all the organizing principles that made this man.  At the same time he is responsible for each and every decision he made in his life - millions I'm  sure.

Yes, This pontification comes from from one of the most judgmental people on earth! Lately there has been a "Spring clean for the May Queen".  Just 1% less judgmental has removed so much clutter from my brain.

#13 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

Aaron Hernandez was!

I don't have your faith. I don't care what Jesus said.

I don't forgive the people that murdered Anna Frank

I don't forgive serial killers that murder children.

I don't forgive the 9/11 terrorists and Osama bin Laden.

I don't forgive Daesh/ISIS that murder Kurds, Yazidis and Christian Assyrians. 

I don't forgive Aaron Hernandez.

Let them all meet the jus†ice of being wiped off the face of the earth. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

#14 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

Just pure stoic existentialism can wipe away judgment. The simple process of working backwards can break a few of those chains.

And, of course, you have made some good points.

I believe you believe in good vs. evil, so do I.

We need to "judge" to some extent to just survive.

But, death has a way of melting everyone's points. Cf. Mark Anthony's speech.

#15 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Alvin, P.S. They are all dead. They probably got what they deserved.

I'm not sure that Ann Franks forgave in terms of her feelings, but she tought  us that regards of her dire circumstances she was in charge of all her decisions and knew that how she felt was her decision. Forgiveness ultimately is not a feeling it is a decision. So I believe she forgave. 

#16 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

Alvin, P.S. They are all dead. They probably got what they deserved.

I'm not sure that Ann Franks forgave in terms of her feelings, but she tought  us that regards of her dire circumstances she was in charge of all her decisions and knew that how she felt was her decision. Forgiveness ultimately is not a feeling it is a decision. So I believe she forgave. 

I remember as a kid the first time I saw the movie when she said "In spite of everything I still believe people are really good at heart" I wonder if she held true to that sentiment as she was dying of Typhus at Bergen-Belsen looking like a skeleton dying of AIDS. 

No, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot to name a few out of millions were not good at heart. They all should have died in infancy.

If she did forgive her torturers and murderers I do not.  

Still Our Royal Family!!

#17 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Alvin on anything but on this subject, I do. There are and have been people that are so far beyond being human that it is impossible to even consider forgiving them. In my 70 years of living I have found that the kind hearted people that can turn the other cheek and forgive or overlook wrong doings usually winds up getting kicked in the cojones by the very people that they have forgiven. Hernandez had a God given talent and physique that could have earned him millions and provided him with a life of ease. Yet, he turned out to be nothing but a cold blooded killer. There's no blaming society for what he did, There's no blaming the loss of his father. There's no blaming the environment he was raised in. He had the opportunity to rise above all that but he was what he was - a soulless murderer. He deserves no forgiveness. Only scorn.

#18 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

Here's another angle on the Hernandez suicide. There's evidence Hernandez was playing for the pink team part of the time. In other words fearsome macho Aaron Hernandez like Julius Caesar had any eye for the boys too. It was his fear of his sexuality being exposed that fed into the Olin Lloyd murder after he called Hernandez a schmoocher and made other derogatory remarks about his secret sex life that could have gotten back to his wife. There's also an alleged suicide note left for his prison boyfriend.

https://www.saturday...ison-boyfriend/

http://www.newsweek....r-police-587879

Still Our Royal Family!!

#19 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Alvin, I agree with you that your evil three are probably in the deapest pit in hell - a place Dante never imagined. Their deeds were one million percent evil. I believe they all had to make decisions, tho. I believe they were all "ok" when they were infants. The Devil may have "children" but he can not bear them.

I will try to relate to sports. Who in baseball would you first place in hell. Ty Cobb?  I can also round up the usual suspects in most sports.

So far I can be either Christian orJewish, and maybe even Atheist and maintain my points.

A famous atheist once said -one who wrote a famous self help book- "Judgment is the dance of death".

When I try pass some kind of final judgment, it always hurts me.  It's not my job, either.

#20 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

Alvin, I agree with you that your evil three are probably in the deapest pit in hell - a place Dante never imagined. Their deeds were one million percent evil. I believe they all had to make decisions, tho. I believe they were all "ok" when they were infants. The Devil may have "children" but he can not bear them.

I will try to relate to sports. Who in baseball would you first place in hell. Ty Cobb?  I can also round up the usual suspects in most sports.

So far I can be either Christian orJewish, and maybe even Atheist and maintain my points.

A famous atheist once said -one who wrote a famous self help book- "Judgment is the dance of death".

When I try pass some kind of final judgment, it always hurts me.  It's not my job, either.

You've heard the expression "God bless the child". We've all encountered the topic of the innocence of childhood.

Yet I've seen the pictures of Hitler and Stalin as children and later into their teens. I challenge anyone including psychologists to tell me they don't see the sickness and the monster in those child faces.

a92a735c0909474514239ce036fc980d.jpghitler.jpg

Still Our Royal Family!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users