True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

He was hired to fix the offense.

The offense is worse.

Nothing more needs to be said.

He was hire to win the SEC east, then the whole SEC, then the national title. 

He is making progress. 

Nothing more needs to be said, except this.

If we are LAST in offense next year, and yet somehow win the SEC and the national title, I suspect that some people will still complain. 

#22 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

We're not going to win anything if we're last in offense. That is the problem. Why are people so delusional?
  • Lawrence of Florida likes this

#23 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

We're not going to win anything if we're last in offense. That is the problem. Why are people so delusional?

It was an example to illustrate the absurd. 

Coach was brought in the win. Period. 

#24 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Yep, and we're not going to win anything with offenses ranked in the 100's.

We're going around in circles here.

#25 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

We won the SEC East the last two years with offenses in the 100's. 

Do I want it to improve? Of course. Am I tired of the crying about it? You betcha. Give the man some time. If it isn't better this year, whine all you want. I'll even join you then, but now now. 

#26 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

There's no title for the SEC East. We didn't win anything. And all I am saying is that we're not going to with offenses ranked as low as ours. I've never once said he needs to go. All I am saying is that Foley himself said he was hired to fix the offense. And fact: In two seasons, the offense has actually gotten worse, not better. I'm not telling you or anyone to think or feel anything. I'm just stating what has happened and what is up until now. Take it for whatever you want.

#27 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

As I have said  before the '69 Houston Game will be analog for the MIch. game.

Franks can be another John Reaves - very good but not great -lots and lots of TD's but lots of ints.    That other QB can run and throw the ball too. Gators had no depth at QB in '69 and played terribly in '68.

#28 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

Franks can be another John Reaves - very good but not great -lots and lots of TD's but lots of ints.    That other QB can run and throw the ball too. Gators had no depth at QB in '69 and played terribly in '68.

Interesting analogy, but I don't see it. 

I don't believe we have one legit QB on our roster right now. Will Allen change that upon his arrival? I have my doubts, but he is planning to red shirt anyway. 

I think the overwhelming odds are that 2017 will mark yet another season with substandard QB play. 

#29 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

Interesting analogy, but I don't see it. 

I don't believe we have one legit QB on our roster right now. Will Allen change that upon his arrival? I have my doubts, but he is planning to red shirt anyway. 

I think the overwhelming odds are that 2017 will mark yet another season with substandard QB play. 

Spoken like the nole/troll that you are. 

#30 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Mac was running a plain manilla offense in the Spring Game to not show his cards against Mich. This was not conducive to splashy QB play.

but 

Trask was playing with a bad knee and against the first string defense.He has had surgery and be ready to go.

If the other QB's suck as badly as you say,  LOF,  Allen will play this year, even against Michigan.

Allen is enrolled for the early Summer session. And has been on a vigorous weight  lifting program. At a minimum, Allen will push the other QBs. I hope he can redshirt,  

but Mac will not tolerate substandard QB play this year. Allen is a leader and will work to get playing time. Allen can do as well as 

Eason did last year and Allen has a better supporting cast. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users