• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suneditor

suneditor

Sun Editor

• Administrators
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

As light a fire under the coding team to fix things now, I want to share with you some news of better things to come.

We are rebuilding gatorsports.com from the ground up. We don't have a firm date yet, but have begun work to relaunch this website before the start of the football season.

It will have a "responsive" design that plays well with mobile devices.

It will have new forums that are modern and mobile friendly. We are working to ensure that you will be able to maintain your screen names.

Gatorsports.com today is a dinosaur in terms of web design and function. Built on a Drupal framework, this will be entirely up to date.

We'll keep you posted.

Doug

• WernerIsTentative, Gator2222 and gator_tom like this

#2 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the update Doug.  For those of us left from a couple of iterations of this forum, keeping our accounts would be nice.

#3 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

Am I a mod yet?

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#4 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:32 AM

As light a fire under the coding team to fix things now, I want to share with you some news of better things to come.

We are rebuilding gatorsports.com from the ground up. We don't have a firm date yet, but have begun work to relaunch this website before the start of the football season.

It will have a "responsive" design that plays well with mobile devices.

It will have new forums that are modern and mobile friendly. We are working to ensure that you will be able to maintain your screen names.

Gatorsports.com today is a dinosaur in terms of web design and function. Built on a Drupal framework, this will be entirely up to date.

We'll keep you posted.

Doug

Good to know. I don't know if you guys know this, but I think the biggest problem with the mobile site is that the stories aren't updated as often, not just the design. Sometimes the mobile site won't have the newer stories for 2 or 3 days after they are on the main site.

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Good if you actually follow through.  In the past management did not properly respond to  issues and even now posters get away with things that they should not.  Hope springs eternal but results matter.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

WHEN?

#7 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

Looking forward to it. Thank you, Doug.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users