• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 suneditor

suneditor

Sun Editor

• Administrators
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Some change in coding has scrambled up the text on stories that contain apostrophes -- which is just about every story. We're aware of the problem and working the technicians on the site to get it corrected.

Please know that Arnold, Kevin, Pat, Robbie, Graham and the rest of us who work to bring great stuff to Gatorsports want you to be able to read it.

We'll keep you posted.

I appreciate your patience.

Doug Ray

Editor

The Gainesville Sun (and gatorsports.com)

#2 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

"MOST" of us already had this fugured out, but we apreciate your clarification.  "Through all kinds of weather we all stick together."

NOTE TO LACIE:  Hope this doesn't change anything and you keep your promise to stay gone.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#3 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Oh. I thought it had been hacked by Russians...

• gatordad3 likes this

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...

#4 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Oh. I thought it had been hacked by Russians...

#5 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Lawrence leaves and one of his complaints finally gets noticed. LOL!

• Gator2222 likes this

#6 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

"MOST" of us already had this fugured out, but we apreciate your clarification.  "Through all kinds of weather we all stick together."

NOTE TO LACIE:  Hope this doesn't change anything and you keep your promise to stay gone.

Yes but don't confuse the staff of the Sun with actual Gators, Dooley told me directly he is a writer not a supporter and I don't think the top dogs are Gator grads but I might be incorrect there.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#7 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Some change in coding has scrambled up the text on stories that contain apostrophes -- which is just about every story. We're aware of the problem and working the technicians on the site to get it corrected.

Please know that Arnold, Kevin, Pat, Robbie, Graham and the rest of us who work to bring great stuff to Gatorsports want you to be able to read it.

We'll keep you posted.

I appreciate your patience.

Doug Ray
Editor
The Gainesville Sun (and gatorsports.com)

Dear Mr. Editor,

Could you ask Pat to include more actual sports in his columns and less about himself and music?

I have never met Pat and I know he has a daughter, she played volleyball in high school, she went to Ga Tech, his dad lives in St Augustine,, Pat's married, he has multiple TVs, he loves his porch and he likes crappy music. I also know there is nothing he won't complain about. Parking spots, hotel rooms, press boxes, the food he is served, which game time he is assigned - literally non stop complaining.

I don't know any of that because I want to know about Pat Dooley. I know all of this because Pat Dooley won't stop talking and writing about Pat Dooley. Not all of us love Pat quite as much as Pat loves Pat.

Believe it or not, most of us read the sports page to find info about sports and not the reporters.

Thanks,

Everyone
  • vulcan_alex likes this

#8 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

We want........a shrubbery!

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#9 JonnyFootball

JonnyFootball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Howdy:

The Gainesville Sun's parent company, GateHouse Media Group, has come through with the fix to Gatorsports.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#10 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

I kept saying it was the flux capacitor.  Nobody listened!

• vulcan_alex and Wuerffel4Pres like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#11 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Howdy:

The Gainesville Sun's parent company, GateHouse Media Group, has come through with the fix to Gatorsports.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.

WOW! You mean they fired Pat??"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users