• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

I can see it now. Eldrick Woods leading Seal Team 6 breaking into the Pakistani compound to gun down mass murderer and terrorist, Osama Bin Laden.

After all he was a virtual Seal. The dude trained with the SEALS. He walked, talked and trained with the baddest men in the world. :)

Then again there are some that report another story......

“Tiger Woods never got wet and sandy,” says former SEAL and current Montana congressman Ryan Zinke, who ran the training facility during the years Tiger came around. The BUD/S instructors didn’t like the way Tiger talked about how he’d have been a SEAL if he didn’t choose golf. “I just reached out to the guys I know who jumped with him and interacted with him,” says a retired SEAL. “Not a single one wants to have any involvement, or have their name mentioned in the press anywhere near his. His interactions with the guys were not always the most stellar, and most were very underwhelmed with him as a man.

http://www.barstools...ng-a-navy-seal/

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#2 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like Eldrick is channeling his inner Marlon Brando's Terry from "On the Waterfront".  "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it".

Hell, I coulda gone to OCS or jump school when I got out of basic training at Ft. Benning back in the day but I didn't have the guts or the ambition. I coulda been somebody. I've met a lot of "wish I'd gone into the Army (military) when I was young" people over the years and they all think they would have been heroes. If they could do it again, they still wouldn't join.

#3 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Sounds like Eldrick is channeling his inner Marlon Brando's Terry from "On the Waterfront".  "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it".

Hell, I coulda gone to OCS or jump school when I got out of basic training at Ft. Benning back in the day but I didn't have the guts or the ambition. I coulda been somebody. I've met a lot of "wish I'd gone into the Army (military) when I was young" people over the years and they all think they would have been heroes. If they could do it again, they still wouldn't join.

Woods is just a contemporary John Wayne, a man who played warrior instead of a man who lived the life of a warrior. Even today people don't realize John Wayne never risked his life in combat but his reputation abides as all American macho heroic Marine defending the American way of life.

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#4 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Why is this relevant to GatorSports???

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...

#5 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

First of all it's a slam against Woods, one of Oxen Fart's big sport heroes.

Secondly this Message Board is a forum for ALL sports and ALL rival school news. 

Next question.....

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#6 Jack O' Diamonds

Jack O' Diamonds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

First of all it's a slam against Woods, one of Oxen Fart's big sport heroes.

Secondly this Message Board is a forum for ALL sports and ALL rival school news. 

Next question.....

Title at the top says GATORSPORTS Forum........

You, sir, have no life....

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...

#7 Homer J

Homer J

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,359 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:31 PM

There's an old Army saying:

Everyone wants to be Hooah until it's time to do Hooah Sh_t !

#8 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

It apparently is not in my opinion.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#9 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Ox is not even on this board. Alvin are you hearing voices?

Your post is irrelevant, but in Alabama, Tuscaloosa. When that happens the Vols butt gets kicked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users