• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

I have already revealed the true identity of LoF several times. I know his true identity to a substantial certainty.

First, I want to apologize to him for being so obsessed with trying to unmask him. Now that I can I don't want to.

We are all entitled to our anonymity, our handles, and our masks. The Good in them goes back to Silence Do- Gooder and Mark Twain. What we may call a troll could just as easily be considered a devils advocate, or foil.

I knew that LoF could be tounge and cheek with his posts. The one that really got me was when he let his gaurd down with the Ricky Natiel 'scrubs posts were insanely funny. At that time the LoF alter ego admitted that he was a gator that had joined the dark side of the force. A very cynical gator at that, but merely the loyal opposition of Gator policies. His Luke Skywalker/ Dr. Jeckell side is a very loyal Gator fan and attendee of The University of Florida.

I will criticize him for being a journalist who goes outside his job to control hires of the school. He vents his bitterness about Mac because he did not get his way when Mac was selected.

Harbaugh is great coach but he will win a Superbowl before he ever wins a NC.

If he had come here (he inerited far more talent on Mich.) we get raves from the "eye test" but no titles.

In recruiting maybe he keeps Cowart, but Cowart has been a bust.

Evaluating coaches by the fans expectations, even after schools throw the checkbook at these same coaches, is still unfair. Harbaugh cannot get away with the simple claim that he is "unlucky". Losing close games that he should win is becoming a pattern. He would not have won two divisional titles at Fla. either. He has won none at Michigan and last year the Big Ten sucked.

All coaches have problems.

This is a rebuilding year for him and we catch him in Dallas with a very experienced team that knows how to beat IOWA. We have won 28 strait openers. Mich. always starts a season slowly, and even lost one year to Appy State.

Harbaugh will not win a NC this year. He does not have any Calipari type one-and- done freshmen.

To quote Vince Lombardi "winning isn't everything, its the only thing." To  paraphrase the proverbial "Charlie" of Tuna fish fame. The Gators don't need a coach that looks good; the Gators need a coach that wins!

They are getting nervous in Ann Arbor, whether that is fair or not.       

#2 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

I have already revealed the true identity of LoF several times. I know his true identity to a substantial certainty.

First, I want to apologize to him for being so obsessed with trying to unmask him. Now that I can I don't want to.

We are all entitled to our anonymity, our handles, and our masks. The Good in them goes back to Silence Do- Gooder and Mark Twain. What we may call a troll could just as easily be considered a devils advocate, or foil.

I knew that LoF could be tounge and cheek with his posts. The one that really got me was when he let his gaurd down with the Ricky Natiel 'scrubs posts were insanely funny. At that time the LoF alter ego admitted that he was a gator that had joined the dark side of the force. A very cynical gator at that, but merely the loyal opposition of Gator policies. His Luke Skywalker/ Dr. Jeckell side is a very loyal Gator fan and attendee of The University of Florida.

I will criticize him for being a journalist who goes outside his job to control hires of the school. He vents his bitterness about Mac because he did not get his way when Mac was selected.

Harbaugh is great coach but he will win a Superbowl before he ever wins a NC.

If he had come here (he inerited far more talent on Mich.) we get raves from the "eye test" but no titles.

In recruiting maybe he keeps Cowart, but Cowart has been a bust.

Evaluating coaches by the fans expectations, even after schools throw the checkbook at these same coaches, is still unfair. Harbaugh cannot get away with the simple claim that he is "unlucky". Losing close games that he should win is becoming a pattern. He would not have won two divisional titles at Fla. either. He has won none at Michigan and last year the Big Ten sucked.

All coaches have problems.

This is a rebuilding year for him and we catch him in Dallas with a very experienced team that knows how to beat IOWA. We have won 28 strait openers. Mich. always starts a season slowly, and even lost one year to Appy State.

Harbaugh will not win a NC this year. He does not have any Calipari type one-and- done freshmen.

To quote Vince Lombardi "winning isn't everything, its the only thing." To  paraphrase the proverbial "Charlie" of Tuna fish fame. The Gators don't need a coach that looks good; the Gators need a coach that wins!

They are getting nervous in Ann Arbor, whether that is fair or not.       

Well then there now that has the potential of creative analysis, Uncle of Oxen Fart.

Now that you're on a roll why don't you explain to the citizens of Planet Earth why super Gator player. alumni and coach Steve O. Spurrier went rogue Judas to trot off to the NFL. While you're at it inform the Cosmos why double NC winning Urban Meyer was intimidated by a rising Alabama and Nick Saban to desert the Gator ship to paddle his lifeboat to Ohio State. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#3 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,479 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Who cares he promised he was done, unless he is not truthful.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

I would not be too quick in dismissing Harbaugh and Michigan's chances in the opener. 

• vulcan_alex and JHCRANE-14 like this

#5 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

He is an interesting character that's for sure.

#6 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night. 

• mtn2top and JHCRANE-14 like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#7 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

oxen one thinks he's susan rice

#8 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Cosmos/York you are a big thinker. I mean that in a good way.

I have my rain man epiphfanies. I often sacrifice spelling and grammar for substance. There are few if any absolutes. Everything can be nothing more that an assumption. I can only approach zero or a million. I have only my theories about the learning curve of SOS. I have met him a few times. Each time I thought he was one of the best people in the world, yet at the same time he was shockingly arrogant, and truthfully cruel. A lot of people have described him that way. I guess Spurrier just is. 

His greatest attribution as a college college coach was innovation. The element of surprise. He is at least "good" in all of the other coaching categories.  By the time the SEC started figuring him out, he had great players. The fun and gun was still inventive enough, and the Gators had the best team in CF  in "96 but still had to win by a lucky set of circumstances.  IN 97, Spurrier again was mildly innovative by rotating three QB's against FSU. It kept FSU off balance until Johnson was solo for the entire last series and we won. Spurrier is at least a good coach when he is not being innovative.

The Gators became so predictable by '99 everyone knew we going to do. We won one particular game against Vandy that year 14-10, or something like that; we should have lost. Vandy's Defense completely stuffed us. Vandy was calling out our plays and was even boldly telling our receiver's how to line up.

His last year, 2001, SOS probably had the most talent and a reprise of the creativeness of the FUN and GUN. It wasn't stopped all year, but its end was near.

TheGun wasn't stopped but UT outplayed us with their running game.

The NFL in 2002 was a far less creative place than college football. The fun and gun was already a known commodity in the NFL. The talent and reaction time were too good. Spurrier became just a good coach on a mediocre team- another face in the crowd.

The Fun and Gun went the way of ND/Golden Tornado shift, the Wishbone; defense for example, the 46 zone.

Spurrier proved he was a good coach and learned from the NFL by being able to grind it out with SC without a new innovative scheme and SC became a winner. He was always an innovative play caller. He out-duelled Meyer in 2006,andit took the finger of Moss to stop a surefire kicker from fifty yards. Cheez(Pitza) would have been jealous of how high all my football watching buddies hit a very high ceiling with their elbows in unison. I been told by Gator fans, who were at the game,that the EMP from that last play lasted at least 5 minutes and lights thought to be seen flickering. But still Spurrier's play calling pushed the Gators around all day long. Spurrier ironicly got rid of Muschamp as Miss. State earlier ended  the random Zook.

Mtn2top, you and Gator 222 are usually the saviors of logic and reason on this board because each of you assume the least. I agree MTn that Michigan's chances are "better", but relative to what? we are listed as a 3 point 'dogs My analog is that last year is like our 1968 season. This year's opening game will be like our opening game in 1969 against #1 Houston. Our offense is ready to explode against an inexperienced Michigan Defense. Will the explosion be triggered? 

I dislike Harbaugh for some very illogical reasons: The soap opera thing at S.

F.  The unfair comparisons between him and Mac; I hate the "Champions of the West".

I hate that Michigan was the far better team the last time we played them. We had a very gifted but 5-9 quarterback, which meant we had no quarterback. The Defense was both crippled and NFL minded, and after getting completely outplayed in the first half, Davis goes out and the roof collapses in the second.

The point is that the whole delusional way of expecting things of coaches is unfair. Where will the correction occur?    

• JHCRANE-14 likes this

#9 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Alvie, I am not a liberal.

#10 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

I have my rain man epiphfanies. I often sacrifice spelling and grammar for substance. There are few if any absolutes. Everything can be nothing more that an assumption. I can only approach zero or a million. I have only my theories about the learning curve of SOS. I have met him a few times. Each time I thought he was one of the best people in the world, yet at the same time he was shockingly arrogant, and truthfully cruel. A lot of people have described him that way. I guess Spurrier just is. 

His greatest attribution as a college college coach was innovation. The element of surprise. He is at least "good" in all of the other coaching categories.  By the time the SEC started figuring him out, he had great players. The fun and gun was still inventive enough, and the Gators had the best team in CF  in "96 but still had to win by a lucky set of circumstances.  IN 97, Spurrier again was mildly innovative by rotating three QB's against FSU. It kept FSU off balance until Johnson was solo for the entire last series and we won. Spurrier is at least a good coach when he is not being innovative.

The Gators became so predictable by '99 everyone knew we going to do. We won one particular game against Vandy that year 14-10, or something like that; we should have lost. Vandy's Defense completely stuffed us. Vandy was calling out our plays and was even boldly telling our receiver's how to line up.

His last year, 2001, SOS probably had the most talent and a reprise of the creativeness of the FUN and GUN. It wasn't stopped all year, but its end was near.

The NFL in 2002 was a far less creative place than college football. The fun and gun was already a known commodity in the NFL. The talent and reaction time were too good. Spurrier became just a good coach on a mediocre team- another face in the crowd.

The Fun and Gun went the way of ND/Golden Tornado shift, the Wishbone; defense for example, the 46 zone.

Spurrier proved he was a good coach and learned from the NFL by being able to grind it out with SC without a new innovative scheme and SC became a winner. He was always an innovative play caller. He out-duelled Meyer in 2006,andit took the finger of Moss to stop a surefire kicker from fifty yards. Cheez(Pitza) would have been jealous of how high all my football watching buddies hit a very high ceiling with their elbows in unison. I been told by Gator fans, who were at the game,that the EMP from that last play lasted at least 5 minutes and lights thought to be seen flickering. But still Spurrier's play calling pushed the Gators around all day long. Spurrier ironicly got rid of Muschamp as Miss. State earlier ended  the random Zook.

Mtn2top, you and Gator 222 are usually the saviors of logic and reason on this board because each of you assume the least. I agree MTn that Michigan's chances are "better", but relative to what? we are listed as a 3 point 'dogs My analog is that last year is like our 1968 season. This year's opening game will be like our opening game in 1969 against #1 Houston. Our offense is ready to explode against an inexperienced Michigan Defense. Will the explosion be triggered? 

F.  The unfair comparisons between him and Mac; I hate the "Champions of the West".

I hate that Michigan was the far better team the last time we played them. We had a very gifted but 5-9 quarterback, which meant we had no quarterback. The Defense was both crippled and NFL minded, and after getting completely outplayed in the first half, Davis goes out and the roof collapses in the second.

The point is that the whole delusional way of expecting things of coaches is unfair. Where will the correction occur?  

Good post

#11 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,479 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

As to being predictable, the Dolphins were but nobody could do anything about it so it really did not matter.  One of my favorite plays happened after some DB roughed up their QB.  Our fullback gave him a fore arm smash that sent him several feet through the air.  Sure was a penalty but message sent and received.

• JHCRANE-14 likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#12 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:50 PM

Having a highly competitive first game of the season presents it's own challenges. There's added pressure on both schools and conferences to start the season with a win.  It's not something that Gator fans are used to experiencing.

#13 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,479 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Having a highly competitive first game of the season presents it's own challenges. There's added pressure on both schools and conferences to start the season with a win.  It's not something that Gator fans are used to experiencing.

You may be correct but I place the same pressure on each game to be won, who cares about opponent or conference.  Now with wimps I hope the pressure is to destroy them and play every player.

Now as a fan I want every game to be played to our capabilities.  When you do that wins happen often, and if you lose you know that they were just better than you that day.

If I was more physically capable I would go just to see Jerry's world.  It should be great on TV especially if we play well.

UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#14 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • LocationThe sunny beaches of South Florida and the hilltops of Tennessee!!!

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

His greatest attribution as a college college coach was innovation. The element of surprise. He is at least "good" in all of the other coaching categories. By the time the SEC started figuring him out, he had great players. The fun and gun was still inventive enough, and the Gators had the best team in CF in "96 but still had to win by a lucky set of circumstances. IN 97, Spurrier again was mildly innovative by rotating three QB's against FSU. It kept FSU off balance until Johnson was solo for the entire last series and we won. Spurrier is at least a good coach when he is not being innovative.

Spurrier proved he was a good coach and learned from the NFL by being able to grind it out with SC without a new innovative scheme and SC became a winner. He was always an innovative play caller. He out-duelled Meyer in 2006,andit took the finger of Moss to stop a surefire kicker from fifty yards. Cheez(Pitza) would have been jealous of how high all my football watching buddies hit a very high ceiling with their elbows in unison. I been told by Gator fans, who were at the game,that the EMP from that last play lasted at least 5 minutes and lights thought to be seen flickering. But still Spurrier's play calling pushed the Gators around all day long. Spurrier ironicly got rid of Muschamp as Miss. State earlier ended the random Zook.

F. The unfair comparisons between him and Mac; I hate the "Champions of the West".

This enlightened me...Thank you :)
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#15 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hats off to Larry.

An anniversary is coming up for the infamous, Scrubbs post. I can't find it. Can someone bump it up for all times sake.  

#16 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hats off to Larry.

An anniversary is coming up for the infamous, Scrubbs post. I can't find it. Can someone bump it up for all times sake.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users