• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

Look at this passage from the article on the front page about our offensive line: 

“It’s been (getting tougher),” he said of the line. “We’re coming off the ball. We’re taking a step forward and not backward. I’m excited about that. We’ve got, as with all positions, a long way to go, but I like their approach. They’re playing fast. They’re getting up and getting set, and they’re coming off the ball. It

I mean, you've got to be kidding me. That's obnoxious.

If they aren't going to take the time to properly edit their work and make sure it's posted in a normal, coherent manner, I'm not even going to bother reading it. Especially when I can usually get much better info and writing from Zach at SEC Country. 

I can't believe the decline of Gatorsports that I've witnessed over the past few years. You would think it would be a top Gator site by default just because of their proximity to the program and all the connections built up over the years by their senior staff. Yet, it appears all the critics against whom I defended the site for so long were right, after all: it's just a bunch of fat, lazy slobs running the show who'd rather stuff their face with wings and listen to iTunes while the younger generation like Zach runs circles around them. Pat's not even trying anymore - he's become entirely predictable and cliche. Just look at the Back Nine (if you can even read it with all those technical errors) - it's the same as last year's around this time: the same tired references to the Masters as the "toonamint" and humble-bragging about his stupid, insignificant one round there like 30 years ago with media hacks, waxing poetic about how fortunate Gainesville is to have all the sports occurring at this time (Florida Relays, gymnastics, Spring Game, baseball series, softball, etc.)...the same recycled garbage over and over. 

There's no point wasting my time with it anymore. I'm done. Not sure how it will affect my posting habits on here, but I would think I'll be posting a lot less now that I won't be frequenting the site as much to read the latest articles and listen to podcasts. 

To all the posters with whom I've gone back and forth, I wish you guys well. I know I don't always see eye to eye with everyone on the direction of the program, but, at the end of the day, we all just want to see Gator Football back in its rightful place atop the mountain. I hope everyone has a healthy, happy spring and summer, and let's hope 2017 is the year offense finally returns to our program. 

All the best, 

Lawrence

• vulcan_alex likes this

#2 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

Look out!!!!  It's a trick, I mean how lucky could we get? 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#3 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Good news. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#4 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

There's no point wasting my time with it anymore. I'm done. Not sure how it will affect my posting habits on here, but I would think I'll be posting a lot less now that I won't be frequenting the site as much to read the latest articles and listen to podcasts. 

Great news - Nobody here believed you are a gator anyway. The jig has been up a long time. Your a lame nole trolling a Gator board. Nothing more. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,531 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

I think the issue is some sort of technical problem, but the Sun has been difficult to read for a long time, unless you like a list of music that a writer enjoys or some of his personal issues.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Meta data only bothers your alter ego.

#7 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

I think the issue is some sort of technical problem, but the Sun has been difficult to read for a long time, unless you like a list of music that a writer enjoys or some of his personal issues.

or 2-3 year old articles

• vulcan_alex likes this

#8 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

or 2-3 year old articles

Not often you get one that new.

#9 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

Change the language setting from Croatian to English and it should look fine.

• Gator2222 likes this

#10 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

I live in Gainesville.  I quit reading Pat Dooley's articles a long time ago.  I want to read about sports.  Pat's columns are mostly about Pat.  He writes about what he likes and dislikes, his family, his house, his daughter, his dog and mostly just complains about pretty much everything.  I'm not even going to go into the stupid music thing.  Very little actual sports in the lists that he calls a column.

His local radio show here in Gainesville is worse.  The man never stops complaining.  He got the 8 o'clock game instead of the 1 o'clock game.  There is nothing too trivial for Pat to complain about.  He must think we all want to spend 2 hours every day hearing about how tough his life is due to all of the minor inconveniences he is forced to endure.

Pat Dooley truly and dearly loves Pat Dooley more than anything else in the world.

• vulcan_alex and gator_tom like this

#11 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

I live in Gainesville.  I quit reading Pat Dooley's articles a long time ago.  I want to read about sports.  Pat's columns are mostly about Pat.  He writes about what he likes and dislikes, his family, his house, his daughter, his dog and mostly just complains about pretty much everything.  I'm not even going to go into the stupid music thing.  Very little actual sports in the lists that he calls a column.

His local radio show here in Gainesville is worse.  The man never stops complaining.  He got the 8 o'clock game instead of the 1 o'clock game.  There is nothing too trivial for Pat to complain about.  He must think we all want to spend 2 hours every day hearing about how tough his life is due to all of the minor inconveniences he is forced to endure.

Pat Dooley truly and dearly loves Pat Dooley more than anything else in the world.

I'm in Gainesville as well and I could not agree more with your post.  Everything out of the dude's mouth is how tough he has it covering sports.  His hotel, the travel, his reserved parking spot, game times.......he's become so narcissistic.  I listen to what was AM850 all day other than when his show is on.   I actually work on campus so the thought of visiting Journalism to pee on his tires has crossed my mind.

• vulcan_alex, Gator2222 and gator_tom like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#12 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

I'm in Gainesville as well and I could not agree more with your post. Everything out of the dude's mouth is how tough he has it covering sports. His hotel, the travel, his reserved parking spot, game times.......he's become so narcissistic. I listen to what was AM850 all day other than when his show is on. I actually work on campus so the thought of visiting Journalism to pee on his tires has crossed my mind.

I turned on his show the other day and listened to him complain for what seemed like an eternity about his parking spot at the O'dome and his fear of getting towed. I was ready to shoot myself. He puts no thought or work into his show or columns. He honestly never reflects on what the consumers want. It's just all about Pat Dooley.

He gets paid to talk and write about sports and yet can't stop talking and writing about himself.

#13 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

I like to think that I have invented a self- improvement program for Pat Dooley. But Only Dooley can change Dooley. Dooley really does not need to change; he only needs to continue to reorganize and redeploy. 

I believe because of our comments he has been producing far better journalism. He may be complaining more, but when he does it is rarely the cynical way, which was sapping his energy to be helpful. He has written many positive articles about the Gators, he has allowed himself to be somewhat a homer, yet remain objective (skeptical is as far negative as a journalist should go). He is still hopelessly conflicted between his love of the Gators and his disapproval of for the hiring of Mac. He is getting better about that. His *****ing  and criticism seems to even have some constructive value.

Dooley is actually a talented journalist. That talent has been masked by his cynicism.

Some of his recent pieces have been excellent. E.g. putting the Hurricane Matthew game into perspective. His first column after the Lsu game was great. Ditto for the Wisconsin/ Cheez shot.

Dooley is listening to our suggestions.

Its like coming out of the depths of depression. You don't notice how bad things are when you are at the bottom. At that low point there is a paralysis and lack of awareness. As things pull up all the dust scatters and things get seem to get worse. Everyone is more aware of what is going on. The worst crisis seems to occur right before the reaching top.

Frankly, I'd rather Pat ***** about his own problems than trash the Gators.

Pat has been spot on about alot of things especially about Gator Basketball.

I see the glass half full.

Also, Dooley will probably need to use Shands in the Future. I have had surgery there -, what an avid, rabid Gator place that is. After waking up from surgery full of the euphoria of the anesthesia, My table was being pushed by a group of medical cheerleaders. I immediately yelled "Go gators!" Immediately, and even louder, the same words were rejoined across the entire floor of the hospital.

Dooley, if you do not maintain that morale, you may wake up and find your nuts weren inadvertantly removed during surgery.

Dooley is getting it. JUST GIVE HIM TIME! 

Now, Dooley, the next time you talk to Finebaum .... .

#14 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

I'm in Gainesville as well and I could not agree more with your post.  Everything out of the dude's mouth is how tough he has it covering sports.  His hotel, the travel, his reserved parking spot, game times.......he's become so narcissistic.  I listen to what was AM850 all day other than when his show is on.   I actually work on campus so the thought of visiting Journalism to pee on his tires has crossed my mind.

Same here. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#15 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

I like to think that I have invented a self- improvement program for Pat Dooley. But Only Dooley can change Dooley. Dooley really does not need to change; he only needs to continue to reorganize and redeploy. 

I believe because of our comments he has been producing far better journalism. He may be complaining more, but when he does it is rarely the cynical way, which was sapping his energy to be helpful. He has written many positive articles about the Gators, he has allowed himself to be somewhat a homer, yet remain objective (skeptical is as far negative as a journalist should go). He is still hopelessly conflicted between his love of the Gators and his disapproval of for the hiring of Mac. He is getting better about that. His *****ing  and criticism seems to even have some constructive value.

Dooley is actually a talented journalist. That talent has been masked by his cynicism.

Some of his recent pieces have been excellent. E.g. putting the Hurricane Matthew game into perspective. His first column after the Lsu game was great. Ditto for the Wisconsin/ Cheez shot.

Its like coming out of the depths of depression. You don't notice how bad things are when you are at the bottom. At that low point there is a paralysis and lack of awareness. As things pull up all the dust scatters and things get seem to get worse. Everyone is more aware of what is going on. The worst crisis seems to occur right before the reaching top.

Also, Dooley will probably need to use Shands in the Future. I have had surgery there -, what an avid, rabid Gator place that is. After waking up from surgery full of the euphoria of the anesthesia, My table was being pushed by a group of medical cheerleaders. I immediately yelled "Go gators!" Immediately, and even louder, the same words were rejoined across the entire floor of the hospital.

Dooley, if you do not maintain that morale, you may wake up and find your nuts weren inadvertantly removed during surgery.

I don't have strong feelings about Pat Dooley's work, though I do find that he writes some things worth considering. Regardless of that, I'm glad to see this kind of empathy expressed in a forum. Forums seem to invite some of our worst instincts to express themselves, so this is refreshing.

• vulcan_alex and Wuerffel4Pres like this

#16 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,531 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

I emailed him quite a time ago to complain, I got told he is a reporter and he really does not care about the Gators like say I do.  To improve him he needs to retire and never talk about the Gators again.

That experience at Shands sounds exceptional.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#17 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

There's a lot of latitude with sports writers and their style.  I like Dooley and most of what he writes. It's a dream job if you're a Gator. 

The Sun should let one of us takeover for Pat or Robbie on their vacation.  How fun would it be to go free to every Gator event for a week or two?.

• DrthG8r likes this

#18 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

There's a lot of latitude with sports writers and their style.  I like Dooley and most of what he writes. It's a dream job if you're a Gator. 

The Sun should let one of us takeover for Pat or Robbie on their vacation.  How fun would it be to go free to every Gator event for a week or two?.

Not sure I could handle it.  Hell, I'd do it free for a few days ... or weeks ... or months  - okay a few years --- but no more than that!

#19 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

XeaqFMJ.gif

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users