• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT FOOTBALL. LAWRENCE, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO TELL US ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FOOTBALL BECAUSE YOU HAVE POSTED THAT IN MANY OTHER THREADS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

I was very worried after Auburn swept us that this was going to be a bust year for Florida baseball. We have lost a lot of games to weaker teams this year and have had trouble hitting.

However, since then, we have played 7 games in a row against ranked teams, and have won 6 of them. That is a really good sign for postseason play.

Sully has played a lot of our weaker pitchers in some of the mid-week games, which I think at least half of our losses have come from. We have a ton of freshman pitchers playing this year so I'm hoping that they get better by the end of the year. I'm hoping to see the mojo continue against Stetson tomorrow night.

• suwanneegator, DrthG8r and Wuerffel4Pres like this

#2 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Winning 3 straight one-run games, on the road, against a previously ranked opponent is very impressive. Great job.

#3 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

Young guys are getting their feet wet and maturing.  Keep working on the bats and let the young arms do work on the hill.  They'll get there. 

• gator_tom likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#4 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Still not hitting enough, but improving for sure. 

• mtn2top likes this

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Only the post season really counts, hopefully they will get it sorted out before then.

• mtn2top likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 g8tr76

g8tr76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for a baseball thread. 

Mizzou was a great series; it was just what we needed after gulf coast and tiger (plainsmen, bird or whatever they call themselves today) sweeps.   We can hope the ball team is beginning to gel.   If we can do it to the vols this weekend we may be back on the bus!

Hatters tonight (they took us to extra innings last time) and the noles, for a finale sweep for the Gators in tallahassee, next week.

#7 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

We had better make a good showing against tennessee or this board will have to shut down because of the crowing from you all know who. If the vols win the series they'll get yet another champions of live trophy.

#8 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

We had better make a good showing against tennessee or this board will have to shut down because of the crowing from you all know who. If the vols win the series they'll get yet another champions of live trophy.

Is that because they will put on one hell of a concert?

#9 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:01 AM

Some of the young guys have stepped up in the bull pen.  We have to get a more out of others, especially on offense.  We need the bats to heat up as the season goes along or face the vagaries of winning by defense. 

That's the unpredictability of a veteran team with young players in key positions. They seem to be settling in with each game and series.  The outcome of the next few series will say a lot about how far this team can go this season. 

#10 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

I'm gonna bump this thread because it's a good reminder of how far this baseball team has come. Even if they go 0-2 in the world series, which I highly doubt, this season has been a huge success with the fantastic regional and super regional wins, not to mention another SEC CHAMPIONSHIP!

#11 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

They keep finding a way to win. Enjoy the ride. 

#12 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

If we can keep the bats hot for the next few weeks, along with our consistent pitching and defense we will be a very tough out in Omaha. 

#13 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:39 AM

You never know what the hell is going to happen in Omaha. Based on my Omaha theory of chaos, some crap team like f$u will probably win after having a pretty terrible season by our standards. 

I'm not a fan of the way college baseball decides a national champion. It should be a 32 team tourney wthl each matchup being the best of three with the final series in Omaha. I'm not complaining because everyone has to deal with it, but rarely does the best team win. You can have an incredible season, and then one off night can derail you in Omaha. If the set up was any different Sully would have a few titles by now.

I see us having every bit as much chance as we had last year not because we're just as good as last year but because Omaha is Omaha. Even Vegas doesn't know ****.

Good luck Gators!

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#14 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

As with any sport, it's important to savor the victories and all championships.  Only one baseball team will celebrate a victory at season's end and a national championship.

#15 gatorhart

gatorhart

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Sully has the number 2 recruiting class coming in.....................The draft should wait until BB WS is finished IMO.

Wish FB could match Sully year to year!

• mtn2top likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users