• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Having Derek Dooley and Tyler Bray isn't exactly striking gold along with 6-7 losses on average per season

The word is the 6'6" Tyler Bray with the cannon arm will win the starting quarterback position for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2017.

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#42 4th and 11

4th and 11

True Gator

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

I just love how so many people have to p-i-s-s on everyone else's interests, loves in order to make themselves feel better. Rival fans mocking Gators on Gator message boards. Fans like Alvin and LOF ripping fans of college basketball because it's not as big or important as college football. But it's only not as big or important ... to THEM. I LIVE for March Madness. Does that make me less of a college football fan? Absolutely not. Because when August rolls around, I'm foaming at the mouth for the pigskin to be tossed around. Yes, I live for Saturdays in the Fall too. I can love the Gators. And you rival fans can love your teams. And I can love all Gator sports. You "football is king" people can only care about football. Let people be who they are, love what they love without tearing them down to make yourselves feel better. If that's what gets you through the day, helps you sleep at night, I feel sorry for those people. How miserable can some people be?

Rant over. Stepping off of my soapbox now.

Go Gators ... in all sports.

And let the backlash begin ....

What a sound, cogent view. Thing is, I hope your end goal in posting it was to simply get some frustration off your chest, because let's face it, the people who really need to let those words sink in never will. They won't learn. They won't understand. They'll do the same thing the next time the opportunity arises. It's sad, really. 

• vulcan_alex and Wuerffel4Pres like this

>,==,~

#43 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Well at least they do have a women's championship it is not without value.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on the Gators to get one in women's basketball.

#44 4th and 11

4th and 11

True Gator

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

There's going to be a lot of pressure on the Gators to get one in women's basketball.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the UF women's team to win a national championship. Heck, we can't even sniff an SEC tournament title, let alone win a national one.

At this point, I'd do cartwheels if we made a Final Four. The more I think about it, the more embarrassing it is that we never have. Ten of the 14 SEC teams have been in a Final Four — five of them multiple times. Not Florida. Dump us in with Ole Miss, Missouri and Kentucky.

We haven't even been out of the second round of the NCAA tournament in nearly 20 years. The women's basketball program has always been the UF outlier. All the other programs have been in title contention, even if they've only come agonizingly, heartbreakingly close on multiple occasions. (I'm looking at you, volleyball and lacrosse.) The women's basketball team, meanwhile, has been mired in mediocrity since before the iMac was invented. I was really, really hoping Becky Hammon would be our next coach. I thought she was one of the few people who could actually give this program the major boost of adrenaline it needs. Nothing against Cameron Newbauer, but I'm not expecting any championship pep rallies in the foreseeable future. 

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this

>,==,~

#45 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the UF women's team to win a national championship. Heck, we can't even sniff an SEC tournament title, let alone win a national one.

At this point, I'd do cartwheels if we made a Final Four. The more I think about it, the more embarrassing it is that we never have. Ten of the 14 SEC teams have been in a Final Four — five of them multiple times. Not Florida. Dump us in with Ole Miss, Missouri and Kentucky.

We haven't even been out of the second round of the NCAA tournament in nearly 20 years. The women's basketball program has always been the UF outlier. All the other programs have been in title contention, even if they've only come agonizingly, heartbreakingly close on multiple occasions. (I'm looking at you, volleyball and lacrosse.) The women's basketball team, meanwhile, has been mired in mediocrity since before the iMac was invented. I was really, really hoping Becky Hammon would be our next coach. I thought she was one of the few people who could actually give this program the major boost of adrenaline it needs. Nothing against Cameron Newbauer, but I'm not expecting any championship pep rallies in the foreseeable future.

Agreed. I was excited about the prospect of Hammon as our coach. Cameron Newbauer?

Meh.

We'll be the same mediocre program we've always been.

#46 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

4th and 11, you've posted about women's basketball, lacrosse and soccer in the same thread.

For me that's like talking about sex, Hindus, and rock n roll to ISIS. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users