• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

A little late on that post Orange... I'm surprised. Anyway you are right about the Vols winning, and I have to say that after watching all 3 games they deserved to win. As with almost all Tennessee teams, you could tell they brought a little extra spark with them when they came to town, and our boys were not prepared to match it.

We seem to have a knack for losing to the bad teams and beating the good ones this year, and this series was no different. Nice moral victory for the vols though, as it appears they are a very long shot to make it to the NCAA tourney. 

• mtn2top likes this

#22 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Some great baseball against FSU to sweep the series.  It never gets old to beat the Seminoles but especially sweet to get the sweep.

It's the Jeckyl and Hyde characteristics of this team that concerns me.  It's dangerous to turn it off and on like that and expect consistent winning results.

#23 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Gators win 2 out of 3 against Vandy AT Vandy.  I think Vanderbilt is actually our biggest rivalry in baseball, because we seem to split a lot of games with them and their baseball team usually gets pretty chippy, so that makes this series win even bigger.

Anybody know anything about the annoying Vanderbilt fan that always does the 3 really loud whistles in a row during rallies, pretty much constantly? I noticed him during baseball a couple of years ago... it really irked me all last year in the postseason tournaments, and then I heard him AGAIN this year when we played Vandy in basketball in the SEC tournament. Can't remember if I noticed him when we played at Vandy or not. Anyway, it is annoying for me watching it on TV so I can't imagine how annoying it must be to hear it in person.

#24 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Huuuuge baseball game tonight for us against South Carolina at home. 2 really good pitchers facing off. Getting a win here would put us in great shape for the 3 game series.  Go gators!

#25 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Whoa! Thanks!  I forgot this was another Thur - Sat series.  Maybe I'll go get Jr and catch this one. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#26 g8tr76

g8tr76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

It's on ESPNU at 7:30.  usce has the same conference record as we do and they play well on the road.   We are both chasing ky.   This should be a good test to see if we really have turned the corner.

• mtn2top likes this

#27 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

Fantastic win for Faedo and company. It was a pitchers duel as predicted but the gators got the big hit that made the difference. Lets hope we can get an early series win tomorrow.

#28 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Big win to start the series. 

• mtn2top likes this

#29 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

And may the Shwartz be with you. A big Grand Slam today. Is he hitting Mendoza?

#30 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

.243 if UF"s stats are up to date. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users