• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ag8tor

ag8tor

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

I know this isn't a big topic on the forum but the baseball team has played 23 games yet only one  mention since the half ass U game. They were swept by AU but no mention. Anyone? Buehler?

#2 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Baseball is something we are sorta, kinda ignoring baseball in hopes they can get their footing.  Keep in mind after they lost to AU our gymnastics team took second in the conference, our basketball team beat Virginia and our softball team continues to excell by beating South Carolina.  As soon as the baseball team learns to score behind outstanding pitching we'll start talking about them.

#3 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

Baseball is something we are sorta, kinda ignoring baseball in hopes they can get their footing. 

Translation: we're bandwagon fans that only begin paying attention to these non-revenue sports when they start winning at a high level. 

Again, the hypocrisy of the "everything school" mantra in full effect. 

#4 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

Yes of course we do, and a softball team, and many other Gator teams that make news in one way or another.  Follow those that you desire, but true Gators root for all of them.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#5 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Translation: we're bandwagon fans that only begin paying attention to these non-revenue sports when they start winning at a high level. 

Are you really a fool, or is this just a big act to make everyone think you are?  If it's an act - it's working!  You're the imbecile  who ranted and raved last year about how great THE University of Florida was in baseball - and then threw in your typical number of "buts" and "however."

We've only played one game since Auburn - and won it.  We did slice and dice half ass u and Miami.

No hypocrisy at all.  Now go back to your room and suck your thumb.

By the way, do you have your little sister's permission to used her computer?

#6 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Alvin - if you're reading this does your DOT have any positions open to scrape up road kill - Lacie MIGHT be able to that job.

#7 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

No one believes your BS. 

No one. 

• mtn2top likes this

#8 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

We lost a lot of talent and experience from last season.  They are going to be sorting out the pitching rotation and the batting lineup to begin the season.  We certainly need to see more offense to be a contender in the SEC and beyond this season.  It's early in the season.  The LSU win yesterday was another gritty, low-scoring defensive-pitching game.

#9 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Big win yesterday in football. Wait. It wasn't football?!? What? We play other sports? When did this happen?

Go Gators.

#10 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

I believe so

ask LSU...

#11 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Until the College World Series

#12 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

I believe so

ask LSU...

You can add Auburn to that of teams to ask.

Another close one.  Bottom of the 7th we are down by one with two outs - oops - we won!

I believe we are not only a jack of all trades - but we seem to be mastering them too!!!!

#13 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

You can add Auburn to that of teams to ask.

Another close one.  Bottom of the 7th we are down by one with two outs - oops - we won!

I believe we are not only a jack of all trades - but we seem to be mastering them too!!!!

pretty rare we get swept on the road like that

that would be like getting mad because Vandy beat us in basketball a few weeks ago

I enjoy beating "rivals", regardless of what happened before that

#14 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

No, Tennessee is not the surprise team of the SEC East this season.  The Gators are struggling to muster consistent offense.  Very disappointing to lose this series at home. All the credit to the Vols for playing well on the road and getting two of three.

I said last week that I thought these games would be key a key indicator of our season.   I'm not giving up on the Gators, but they are struggling mightily with offense this season.  Pitching and defense gives us a chance in any game.  There's no margin for error in allowing runs with so little and such inconsistent Gator offense. 

It's not easy to fix cold bats in the middle of the season.  A bit more batting practice; perhaps a shake-up in the batting order; anything to spark some runs.  Offense can be streaky in baseball. It's definitely been a problem for the Gators.

A cold start to the season dampens media and fan enthusiasm.  With the talent on this team they are certain to get hot again.  Perhaps that will come at the end of the season and propel us as an underdog into the SEC Tourney and CWS.  Not sure how it all plays out.  At this point, the offense is lacking and putting undue pressure on the other aspects of our game.

#15 mkfgator

mkfgator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

No, Tennessee is not the surprise team of the SEC East this season.  The Gators are struggling to muster consistent offense.  Very disappointing to lose this series at home. All the credit to the Vols for playing well on the road and getting two of three.

I said last week that I thought these games would be key a key indicator of our season.   I'm not giving up on the Gators, but they are struggling mightily with offense this season.  Pitching and defense gives us a chance in any game.  There's no margin for error in allowing runs with so little and such inconsistent Gator offense. 

It's not easy to fix cold bats in the middle of the season.  A bit more batting practice; perhaps a shake-up in the batting order; anything to spark some runs.  Offense can be streaky in baseball. It's definitely been a problem for the Gators.

A cold start to the season dampens media and fan enthusiasm.  With the talent on this team they are certain to get hot again.  Perhaps that will come at the end of the season and propel us as an underdog into the SEC Tourney and CWS.  Not sure how it all plays out.  At this point, the offense is lacking and putting undue pressure on the other aspects of our game.

#16 mkfgator

mkfgator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

I agree it is UF's offense. Sully does such a great job with the pitchers and defense but our hitting has always seemed to struggle. First it was clutch hitting even when we could hit. Now it is hitting generally. We just need a couple of guys to get hot. I hope it starts tonite with the Noles.

• mtn2top likes this

#17 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,371 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

If UF had taken the series against UT, they'd potentially be tied for the SEC lead.  The conference is beating each other up.  I don't think they were "up" for UT since the Vols came in with a crappy record.  They sure didn't seem motivated and the dugout was dead.  Once/if Florida's young pitching comes around and the bats continue to improve, they'll be fine.  Still ranked 12th. 

Huge series final against FSU tonight.  It'll be tough at their place, but another chance to sweep the Lawrence of Florida's yet again. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#18 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

We are up and down this season for sure but let me put something in perspective. We have won the series with every ranked team we have played so far other than Auburn. 

Swept Miami, won 2 out of 3 at LSU, swept Mizzou at mizzou, and looks like we are going to sweep Florida state. These are all teams that have potential to win a regional or super regional in the tournament. 

We have been really, really good in baseball recently... I don't think we are to that level YET this year, but we have shown that we can win against good teams more often than not. 

I think our hitters have the potential to get hot at the right time and make a run at the championship again. There is a lot of baseball to be played.

• mtn2top likes this

#19 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

We seem to when it really matters.

Never gets old beating the Noles

• mtn2top likes this

#20 orange54

orange54