• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Chance more than 1% of this fan base actually cares? 

Zero

Chance of LOF understanding the fan base, or statistics vanishing small.

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#22 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Chance of LOF understanding the fan base, or statistics vanishing small.

No one expects a nole troll to understand.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#23 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Looks like Robinson will NOT hire an agent as he explores the draft.  That leaves the possibilities open for a senior season.

He took the last loss very hard, and this could affect his decision. Then again, he may have a different perspective after some time passes.

I thought he had a chance to become a high first-round pick, but he did not maintain the level he had reached in the earlier rounds of the tourney. He may be a second-round selection at this point. Perhaps the chance to improve his standing will lead him to seriously consider returning. 

Bottom line, it appears that there is a chance, but the odds are still against it, imho.

• vulcan_alex and mtn2top like this

#24 4th and 11

4th and 11

True Gator

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

I'd put the odds at Robinson returning at between 5 and 10 percent. Do I think he needs to return? Most definitely. I suppose he's the prototypical NBA draftee, though, in that he has that dreaded word, "potential." I'm not into potential. I'm into actual performance. And to me, Robinson hasn't come nearly close enough to merit an NBA opportunity in his two seasons. Two games against good-but-not-great teams in an NCAA tourney can't erase the rest of his career, during which he's shown glimpses but has also disappeared for long stretches, shot inconsistently and been outmuscled.

He needs to return to UF, take on a leadership role, get stronger, show more consistency and display an ability to take over games — and then he'll be worthy of a first-round NBA selection. Until then, no way, unless potential is an NBA team's only criteria. 

Having said all that, he'll leave. Is there any school that loses more unqualified players to the pros (in the NBA and NFL) than UF? Sigh.

• vulcan_alex likes this

>,==,~

#25 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Having said all that, he'll leave. Is there any school other than UF that loses more unqualified players to the pros (in the NBA and NFL) than UF? Sigh.

Yep. In this category, to quote Homer Simpson, "We're #1! We're #1!"

And this is a category I definitely don't want to be #1 in ever. But we seemingly always are.

#26 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:15 AM

There's hope for his return or an agent would've been hired.  It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft and how that affects his decision.  Most experts say he is a certain lottery pick on his potential. He's only scratched that at UF. 

I'd love to see him come back and lead the team as a senior on a natty quest.  The pieces are here to contend for the SEC title and have another deep tourney run.  He knows it. 

Robinson seems to respond to Mike White's coaching style. He knows the major role he would play on a championship-caliber Gator team. Devin has been allowed to grow into his body and game in Gainesville.  Next season should be a big leap in his development.  He will play considerably more minutes as a college player than an NBA rookie.

I can see this going either way.  Even as a lottery pick, it's a lot of money to turn down.

For as long as it's still a possibility, I hope Devin Robinson takes the opportunity to create an epic Gator basketball legacy by leading the team on a championship run.

#27 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

Not hiring a agent tells you a lot.  At this point I don't know all those who might be in the draft, but it is not unlikely that he would be undrafted after his last two games where he disappeared and could have taken us to the final four at least.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#28 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

I have it on very good authority that I have no idea. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users