27 replies to this topic

#1 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

zero

We're losing a bunch of players after this season.

#2 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Some have suggested that he would have gone pro last year if he hadn't been injured. Now there is talk that he could be a lottery pick. I agree with you. It's the nature of college basketball. The Gators will hopefully have some good talent coming in to replace the departures.

#3 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Zero chance of that happening, especially after his great performance in the tournament.  He'll go even higher after helping the Gators into the Elite 8, perhaps beyond.  Every indication is that he will continue his high level of play through to his last minutes as a Gator.

We have a lot of young and talented guys coming up to take the place of all of our departing players. I'm optimistic about the future of Gator basketball based on the depth and talent of the young players on this team.  It's invaluable that they are getting all the extra hours of practice and play through the NCAA Tournament so early in their collegiate careers.

#4 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

White will reload. This run will help recruiting. 

#5 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Not zero but probably small, perhaps he should talk to Noah about the differences in college and the pros, not to mention getting his degree.  That said I think it is a low probability event.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#6 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

Not zero but probably small, perhaps he should talk to Noah about the differences in college and the pros, not to mention getting his degree.  That said I think it is a low probability event.

He's ready to go.  Unlike Noah, his family is not independently wealthy.  He would be foolish to risk injury by coming back for another season.

#7 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

I wish he would stay, but will certainly understand if he leaves. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#8 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

He's ready to go.  Unlike Noah, his family is not independently wealthy.  He would be foolish to risk injury by coming back for another season.

That is what insurance is for and money at least for me is not everything.  I never said he was not ready, but rather perhaps another year of college play would be nice rather than the massive grind that the NBA is.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#9 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

As I recall, Noah left after his junior year as well, as did Horford. Didn't they win the first NC as sophomores? In any case, last year Robinson had put his name in to the pool to find out what his draft status would be, and then learned he had a fractured foot. This led him to withdraw his name from the pool. I don't see that happening this time around. He has grown so much this year that I think he is ready to jump to the next level, and will do so. It would be great if he stayed, but the Gators will have new players to step in.

#10 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Recruiting

#11 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

As I recall, Noah left after his junior year as well, as did Horford. Didn't they win the first NC as sophomores? In any case, last year Robinson had put his name in to the pool to find out what his draft status would be, and then learned he had a fractured foot. This led him to withdraw his name from the pool. I don't see that happening this time around. He has grown so much this year that I think he is ready to jump to the next level, and will do so. It would be great if he stayed, but the Gators will have new players to step in.

Yes and unless I don't remember properly he has stated another year of the college experience would have been nice.  Playing in the NBA is quite different.

UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#12 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Yes and unless I don't remember properly he has stated another year of the college experience would have been nice.  Playing in the NBA is quite different.

This wouldn't surprise me, even though I had not heard about it. Of course, coming from a wealthy family probably affects one's perspective a lot.

#13 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

This wouldn't surprise me, even though I had not heard about it. Of course, coming from a wealthy family probably affects one's perspective a lot.

Somehow people think being from a wealthy family makes a lot of difference.  Now if your family is very poor and suffering sure it is a major consideration.  But if they are not then it should be a minor one.  Money will be there no matter what, you miss a year of playing college ball and that never can be replaced.

UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#14 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

Somehow people think being from a wealthy family makes a lot of difference.  Now if your family is very poor and suffering sure it is a major consideration.  But if they are not then it should be a minor one.  Money will be there no matter what, you miss a year of playing college ball and that never can be replaced.

This is a fair point, but I'm not sure how many young men in their early twenties have that perspective. Of course, I would love to see Robinson stay for another year, but it would surprise me if he did.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#15 rleaton4880

rleaton4880

True Gator

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Once again Gators shafted by officials.......sure they were operating under orders of the SEC commish who was right at courtside!  He was really pissed when they beat Wisconsin...was not in the script!

#16 rleaton4880

rleaton4880

True Gator

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Once again Gators shafted by officials.......sure they were operating under orders of the SEC commish who was right at courtside!  He was really pissed when they beat Wisconsin...was not in the script!

#17 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

I would have been happy if he'd just shown up for the game today

• vulcan_alex likes this

#18 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

what a terrible way to go out if this is the last game for him.  At least Bradley Beal was a star... Robinson really only stepped up 2 games his whole career at Florida.  

• vulcan_alex likes this

#19 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Looks like Robinson will NOT hire an agent as he explores the draft.  That leaves the possibilities open for a senior season.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#20 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

Chance more than 1% of this fan base actually cares? 

Zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users