10 replies to this topic

#1 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

For the second straight year, the Florida football team will conclude its spring camp with the Orange & Blue Debut, presented by Sunniland, on a Friday night, with free admission.

link

The game will be held April 7 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium with a 7:30 p.m. kickoff on the SEC Network.

Prior to kickoff, the BUBBA Burger Fan Fest will be held on the North Lawn outside the stadium. Back by popular demand in the Fan Fest this year will be The Swamp Wing Cook-Off (see below for more details).

Fans wanting a little extra from their trip to the Swamp can go behind the scenes at Gator Walk, get pre-game field access or walk the field following the game through Gator Upgrades.

In addition, the UAA is going to offer two opportunities for fans to serve as honorary coaches at the Orange & Blue Debut, presented by Sunniland. Each winner would serve as an Honorary Coach for the Orange and Blue teams, respectively.

The No. 2-ranked Gators baseball team opens their three-game series with Tennessee on Friday at 5 p.m. at McKethan Stadium. The series continues on Saturday at 6 p.m. and concludes Sunday at 1 p.m.

Fans are encouraged to enjoy food trucks around Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and outside of McKethan Stadium while attending both events.

Should be a fun night. 

#2 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

It's great that the Orange & Blue game is played on a Friday night.  It makes so much sense you wonder why it was ever played in heat of the day.

#3 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

Larry will be there in his tux, sipping Dom Perignon and nibbling on Beluga Caviar. He wouldn't be caught dead eating Bubba Burgers or chicken wings. He's hoping to be one of the honorary coaches so he can impart his legendary knowledge of all things football.

#4 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

The big question is how much they will let Kyle Trask play in this game. 

It feels like Trask is being slung under the bus right now. All the talk has been Franks and that new kid, Kadarius Toney. The coaches haven't given even one formal statement on Trask, to my knowledge.

If we aren't careful with Trask and give him his fair amount of reps, he could transfer. If that happens, it might very well be another Cam Newton situation - where we let a raw, but talented, future-franchise QB get away all because we weren't patient and committed enough to developing his skill set. 

Of course, it helps to have an active press corp serving as a watchdog for some of these issues, but don't hold your breath for that as they're all packing for NYC and slobbering over this basketball team. 

#5 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

For those of you that may be coming to town for this, the Gainesville food trucks bring a strong game.  Lots of options, even vegan, and I haven't had anything from them that wasn't spot on. 

• mtn2top likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#6 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

For those of you that may be coming to town for this, the Gainesville food trucks bring a strong game.  Lots of options, even vegan, and I haven't had anything from them that wasn't spot on. 

You actually eat from food trucks? 

I hope you realize they aren't as well-regulated as restaurants and the risk of food-borne illness is higher. The city of Los Angeles recently conducted a study and found their local food trucks to have 40% more violations than their restaurants. 

So typical of our fan base to just throw on the jorts, tank tops, and flip-flops, and stuff their faces with a bunch of substandard grub from overrated food trucks that are one step up from the county fair (if that). 

Why don't you put on some slacks, shoes (with socks!), a real shirt, and support an actual restaurant like Mark's Prime? There's a guy trying to bring some class to "Hogtown" and improve our profile. Help the guy out, for christsakes. 

#7 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

You actually eat from food trucks? 

I hope you realize they aren't as well-regulated as restaurants and the risk of food-borne illness is higher. The city of Los Angeles recently conducted a study and found their local food trucks to have 40% more violations than their restaurants. 

So typical of our fan base to just throw on the jorts, tank tops, and flip-flops, and stuff their faces with a bunch of substandard grub from overrated food trucks that are one step up from the county fair (if that). 

Why don't you put on some slacks, shoes (with socks!), a real shirt, and support an actual restaurant like Mark's Prime? There's a guy trying to bring some class to "Hogtown" and improve our profile. Help the guy out, for christsakes. 

Marks is in Gainesville and Ocala, not Hogtowne. Nice try. 

Besides:

NO ONE CARES WHAT A NOLE THINKS.

NO ONE BELIEVES ANYTHING YOU TYPE.

NO ONE. 

• vulcan_alex likes this

#8 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Lawrence, I can't see your posts and I do not read responses when others quote you.  Save your energy for someone else. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#9 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • LocationThe sunny beaches of South Florida and the hilltops of Tennessee!!!

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Im watching right now :)
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#10 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:06 AM

The big question is how much they will let Kyle Trask play in this game. 

It feels like Trask is being slung under the bus right now. All the talk has been Franks and that new kid, Kadarius Toney. The coaches haven't given even one formal statement on Trask, to my knowledge.

If we aren't careful with Trask and give him his fair amount of reps, he could transfer. If that happens, it might very well be another Cam Newton situation - where we let a raw, but talented, future-franchise QB get away all because we weren't patient and committed enough to developing his skill set. 

Of course, it helps to have an active press corp serving as a watchdog for some of these issues, but don't hold your breath for that as they're all packing for NYC and slobbering over this basketball team. 

Rather than transfer and sit out a season, if he leaves, he might opt to graduate and have a year or two to play somewhere else.

Del Rio might as well transfer out now since Franks has been crowned the new starter.  I think he would have two years to play somewhere else.

However, you just never know when our starting quarterback is going to get injured.

#11 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

I'm really disappointed in the Blue team.  Coach Mac and the other coaches should be ashamed that they were outclassed so badly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users