• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Just read the article on the front page talking about how coach is keeping his goatee until the gators lose in basketball.

So great to see the coach recognize the hard work of coach white and the basketball team and spend time talking about it. Talked about how he is using their current run as motivation for his players. 

Lawrence doesn't like talking basketball but im glad coach Mac does! 

How do people feel about the game against Wisky Friday LATE night? I am guessing that they will be favored for their experience. I think this game will come down to the wire and may come down to whether or not hill or chiozza can make a smart play at the end. Go gators!

• mtn2top likes this

#2 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

McElwain talking basketball? Surely he knows that talking about that 10th string 5' 8" 125 lb. tight end/nose guard is more important  than basketball. Poor ole Larry must be stroking out about now.

#3 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Coach Mac recognizes all excellence in the Gator Nation. Very thankful that he is using his large spring soapbox to shine light and love on Gator hoops.  Especially for Gator fans that may not follow basketball closely.  That helps all recruiting and recognition of the school in all the many areas of excellence we pursue daily.

Once you get to the Sweet 16 all of the teams are good.  I feel our guard play and depth is an advantage in this match up. As our guard play goes -  so goes this game.

If we play fast and push Wiscy in transition we can wear them down as we have other teams this season.  Getting their bigs into foul trouble with dribble penetration will be a key part of our game plan. This game is a big opportunity for Allen and Barry to shoot their way out of their offensive slumps.  We really need them back for this one as shooting guards/wings that can also take the ball inside on the bigs.

I have no doubt they are going big and plan to challenge Hays, Gak and Rimmer in the paint. We'll need Robinson, Leon and Stone to have another monster game,  Our power forwards can take some pressure off the bigs if they can make some shots, rebound and help defend.

To get the victory and move to the Elite 8, Gators need to play great defense with the balanced offensive contribution that's marked all of our big wins this season. It's our game time adjustments to take what the other team gives and go with the players and positions with the hot hands and open looks that will lead to a victory.

Go Gators!

• OldGatorAlum likes this

#4 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

I don't have much of an idea about how good Wisconsin is. It appears that they have a strong front court, which will pose a challenge for our threes, fours, and fives. The Gators have been up to similar challenges in the past, so I know that they can rise to the occasion. It would help a lot if Allen and Barry could find their shooting touch once again. Also, Robinson needs to continue to play at the level he reached in the first two rounds. He still has a tremendous upside, and I have no doubt that NBA teams have been taking notice. I'm hoping that he will help to lead the Gators to a few more wins before turning pro, as I am sure he will after this year.

The Gators have a good chance, and that is all one can ask for at this point in the postseason. Go Gators!

• mtn2top likes this

#5 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Wisconsin has size.  That's going to be a big obstacle.  I think Florida has to play fast paced and get shots from the perimeter.  Harass them on defense and just make life miserable for the Badgers.  If the game is slow, I'm afraid it won't matter that Florida is a 1.5 point favorite. 

• mtn2top likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#6 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

I saw that and I continue to find both his behavior and appearance highly unprofessional. 

You're the face of a multi-million dollar organization; hired to come in and fix what has been a moribund offense spanning nearly a decade. It's the flagship university of what was one of the fastest growing states and economies in the nation in 2016. A state in which, even though the actual university is located in a piece-of-crap little north Florida redneck enclave, there are significant metropolitan, affluent areas such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa Bay, etc. I mean, our current president has been spending as much time at his Palm Beach resort, Mar-a-Lago, as he has at the actual White House. Florida is a major player in terms of states in the union - this isn't Montana, Idaho, or eastern Washington. 

Yet, we have a head coach right now that would rather treat it all as one big joke. Instead of standing at the podium and providing legitimate information to a concerned fan base about the progress of its offense, he'd rather have a laugh with reporters and deflect conversation to a sport he doesn't even coach. Every press conference is filled with chuckling and lame attempts to win influence with the media members (who mostly hate him and see through the schtick). He's the David Brent (for those who have seen the British version of "The Office") of college football - at home in his own, warped notions of himself and oblivious to how retarded everyone else thinks he is. 

Physically, he presents the image of a hyper-casual slob. He refuses to wear socks and now decides to stop shaving. He also has a gut approaching the size of Phil Fulmer, whose weight Gator Nation used to ceaselessly ridicule. All those Krispy Kreme memes are about to start coming back to us if this idiot hayseed we have as head coach doesn't begin controlling his diet. 

If this clown wants to lay around on his couch, unshaven, in lounge-wear and sandals all the time, stuffing his face while chuckling at some lowbrow entertainment such as Hee Haw, then step the hell down and do it on his own time. But right now he's the head FOOTBALL coach at the University of Florida. Not basketball. Not a Montana fly-fishing guide. Not a stay-at-home Dad who just enjoys grilling out and cooking his special chili for the fam. FOOTBALL coach...standing at the same podium at which Urban Frank Meyer III once stood. So, have a shave, put on some socks, and start acting like it. 

#7 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

I saw that and I continue to find both his behavior and appearance highly unprofessional. 

You're the face of a multi-million dollar organization; hired to come in and fix what has been a moribund offense spanning nearly a decade. It's the flagship university of what was one of the fastest growing states and economies in the nation in 2016. A state in which, even though the actual university is located in a piece-of-crap little north Florida redneck enclave, there are significant metropolitan, affluent areas such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa Bay, etc. I mean, our current president has been spending as much time at his Palm Beach resort, Mar-a-Lago, as he has at the actual White House. Florida is a major player in terms of states in the union - this isn't Montana, Idaho, or eastern Washington. 

Yet, we have a head coach right now that would rather treat it all as one big joke. Instead of standing at the podium and providing legitimate information to a concerned fan base about the progress of its offense, he'd rather have a laugh with reporters and deflect conversation to a sport he doesn't even coach. Every press conference is filled with chuckling and lame attempts to win influence with the media members (who mostly hate him and see through the schtick). He's the David Brent (for those who have seen the British version of "The Office") of college football - at home in his own, warped notions of himself and oblivious to how retarded everyone else thinks he is. 

Physically, he presents the image of a hyper-casual slob. He refuses to wear socks and now decides to stop shaving. He also has a gut approaching the size of Phil Fulmer, whose weight Gator Nation used to ceaselessly ridicule. All those Krispy Kreme memes are about to start coming back to us if this idiot hayseed we have as head coach doesn't begin controlling his diet. 

If this clown wants to lay around on his couch, unshaven, in lounge-wear and sandals all the time, stuffing his face while chuckling at some lowbrow entertainment such as Hee Haw, then step the hell down and do it on his own time. But right now he's the head FOOTBALL coach at the University of Florida. Not basketball. Not a Montana fly-fishing guide. Not a stay-at-home Dad who just enjoys grilling out and cooking his special chili for the fam. FOOTBALL coach...standing at the same podium at which Urban Frank Meyer III once stood. So, have a shave, put on some socks, and start acting like it. 

Isn't that cute - Mac has the Nole fan scared. 

#8 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

No need to read it, I'll just laugh at you like always. As usual, LOF, you can gfy

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#9 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

I think McElwain and about 75% of all Gator fans just got called "deplorabes" again. We know what happened to the elitist crowd last time that happened.

• gator_tom likes this

#10 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

All Mac needs is a four string guitar, cowboy hat, female sidekick to make him look better, and some cowboy boots and he could perform at halftime!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users