#1 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Oh no. LoF will be so disappointed

“I felt great tonight for some reason. I think it was the big rivalry that I've heard about since I've been in high school, middle school, but I felt really good,” Baker said. “I had to use everything in my body to keep calm out there. But I did and it worked, and we got the win, thankfully.”

Fellow freshman Tyler Dyson closed the issue in the ninth inning by retiring the Seminoles in order, including two strikeouts, for his first save.

Imagine how good we would be if we were not just a football school. 

• vulcan_alex likes this
Ignore the orange trolls :ignore:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#2 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Oh no. LoF will be so disappointed.

Imagine how good we would be if we were not just a football school.

We're not too good in this either. We choke in the College World Series every year.

#3 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

We're not too good in this either. We choke in the College World Series every year.

Being one of the final 8 teams standing in the nation isn't very good?  Twice, the Gators were beaten in the finals. 

Not very good.....that makes me laugh. 

• vulcan_alex and Gator2222 like this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#4 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Actually making to the CWS is a feat in itself. So we are quite good at baseball. Unless your criteria is that you have to win a championship to be good at something. If that is the case, the vast majority of teams are no good. 

Sully will get win it all soon. 

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#5 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Being one of the final 8 teams standing in the nation isn't very good?  Twice, the Gators were beaten in the finals. 

Not very good.....that makes me laugh. 

Spot on Dave. We are quite good at baseball. 

#6 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

Actually making to the CWS is a feat in itself. So we are quite good at baseball. Unless your criteria is that you have to win a championship to be good at something. If that is the case, the vast majority of teams are no good.

Sully will get win it all soon.

I'm just tired of the epic meltdowns when it matters most. I've lost hope that we'll ever win it all in baseball anymore.

But that's just me. I can't deal with the heartbreak. Because it's what I want most in all of sports: A National Title in baseball for Florida.

#7 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

I hear that Ole Miss has several good freshmen pitchers.  One is a relative of an associate.  And of course making the championships is a good thing.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#8 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

It's not so easy elevating a good program to great.  No one has done more in less time than Coach O'Sullivan. You have to make the CWS to win it.  Gators are very close to breaking through into the truly elite level with a win.  I hope this is the year. 

We've made the commitment in resources and facilities. Our recruiting has been excellent.  No matter what, I'm grateful that the Gators are on the rise, feared and consistently competing at the highest levels.  The big win will come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users