• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

I'm relieved LOF picked against us.  His Nole prediction is about 20 points short right now.  Go Gators!

• vulcan_alex likes this

#22 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Well....I know people are going to want a comment from me on this given my previous statements....

I don't really have anything to say. It's disappointing to me that we'll now endure another week of wall-to-wall basketball reporting that will overshadow important spring practice coverage. The fact that it's the Sweet Sixteen will only give the basketball angles more prominence. 

I don't really understand why we would win in such a blowout fashion when Virginia's defense was said to be the best in the nation. 

The SEC is now 5-1 in the tournament while the ACC has taken it on the chin. Yet, the ACC was largely considered the better football conference this past year and won the football national championship. Really got to wonder when this conference and, in particular, our Florida program will refocus its agenda. 

#23 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Well....I know people are going to want a comment from me on this given my previous statements....

I don't really have anything to say. It's disappointing to me that we'll now endure another week of wall-to-wall basketball reporting that will overshadow important spring practice coverage. The fact that it's the Sweet Sixteen will only give the basketball angles more prominence. 

I don't really understand why we would win in such a blowout fashion when Virginia's defense was said to be the best in the nation. 

The SEC is now 5-1 in the tournament while the ACC has taken it on the chin. Yet, the ACC was largely considered the better football conference this past year and won the football national championship. Really got to wonder when this conference and, in particular, our Florida program will refocus its agenda. 

can you just pick Wisconsin already?  Please, please?

• vulcan_alex likes this

#24 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

it's like being on a message board with Nostradamus himself

• gator_tom likes this

#25 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

I've got to believe Virginia will end this nonsense on Saturday. Making it to the Sweet 16 would be highly detrimental to the long term health of this program because it would 1.) embolden the misguided fans who think we're a multi-sport school, 2.) give this young basketball coach/his agent grounds to lobby for a wasteful raise/extension, and 3.) require more expensive travel (right now, we just used buses for the short, relatively cheap trip to Orlando, whereas further rounds could require plane travel). 

Let's go 'Hoos!

That must really sting!!!!!  We emboldened and misguided fans get to crow for another week.  At some point the odds are we will lose, but it wasn't tonight.

I'm starting to think we are a jack of all trades - and a master of some.

half ass u got shellacked, proving once more - it's great to be a Florida Gator!

I'm sending a check to the UAA Monday.  Won't pay for a lot - but it will help.  Roll out the Captain Jack, fire up those turbines!

• mtn2top likes this

#26 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

I don't want to be "that guy" who kills everyone else's buzz when he's the only one with a dissenting view. If the board wants to celebrate the Sweet Sixteen, then I don't think it's right for me to pepper every thread with my unconventional perspective and bring down the mood. I've made my point and I should respect the decision to embrace the basketball team's run, if that's what the board wants to do. 

Just know that, as of right now, we haven't seen Kyle Trask throw one deep post ball....we don't know what type of audibles Franks has been calling and whether he is getting our offense into the right plays....

We don't know all of that, and yet, a basketball team that lost 3 of its last 4 games is going to consume most of our reporters' time as they head to New York...

If you're comfortable with that, then whatever...but very strange. Very, very strange. 

#27 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Confusion runs amuck!  This "ain't" football sweetheart - it's basketball!  So much for the "best" defense in the land.

You didn't get the note on resumption of football.  You're the only one in here who was not addressed on it.

#28 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

Confusion runs amuck!  This "ain't" football sweetheart - it's basketball!  So much for the "best" defense in the land.

You didn't get the note on resumption of football.  You're the only one in here who was not addressed on it.

Virginia had just beaten UNC by double digits and held them in the 40's not too long ago.

I don't really see why they would lose by almost 30 to our basketball team, which had lost 3 of its last 4, including 2 to Vandy. 

Very weird, in my opinion. That's why it's hard to get into this sport. 

#29 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

I don't want to be "that guy" who kills everyone else's buzz when he's the only one with a dissenting view. If the board wants to celebrate the Sweet Sixteen, then I don't think it's right for me to pepper every thread with my unconventional perspective and bring down the mood. I've made my point and I should respect the decision to embrace the basketball team's run, if that's what the board wants to do. 

Just know that, as of right now, we haven't seen Kyle Trask throw one deep post ball....we don't know what type of audibles Franks has been calling and whether he is getting our offense into the right plays....

We don't know all of that, and yet, a basketball team that lost 3 of its last 4 games is going to consume most of our reporters' time as they head to New York...

If you're comfortable with that, then whatever...but very strange. Very, very strange. 

what difference does it make if reporters are covering the gators?  Its better if no one cares about you, case in point the gators basketball team who no one seems to be picking to win... the ftb team is better off if they see the basketball team getting all the attention..maybe they'll take it more serious.  

#30 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

The commentator Steve Lavin said that Wisconsin returned 5 starters from last year's Sweet Sixteen team, and  he felt that their combined experience was the difference in their victory over defending champion Villanova. He said that he would give Wisconsin the early edge in the match up against us. 

I tend to agree that Wisconsin's collective experience is difficult to ignore. But obviously this Florida team is playing at a high level right now. Still, one would think their experience - especially on a big stage like NYC - will matter.

#31 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

what difference does it make if reporters are covering the gators?  Its better if no one cares about you, case in point the gators basketball team who no one seems to be picking to win... the ftb team is better off if they see the basketball team getting all the attention..maybe they'll take it more serious.  

It hurts us in recruiting, in my opinion. Not to mention just makes it frustrating to get quality information as a fan (considering our program is already one of the stingiest in the nation with information). 

#32 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I knew it was over about halfway through the first period. We simply have more talent.  It was also the intensity Florida played at for the entire game.  Our deeper bench maintained the pace until their starters were exhausted and could not keep up.  Virginia's bench was a non-factor.

How sweet it is!  Gators are Sweet 16 bound and peaking at the right time.

#33 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

You are the strange one, claim to be a Gator and want any of our teams to lose any time.  Others would say you were owned and destroyed, but not me.

• Wuerffel4Pres and gator_tom like this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#34 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

It hurts us in recruiting, in my opinion. Not to mention just makes it frustrating to get quality information as a fan (considering our program is already one of the stingiest in the nation with information). 

All coverage is good coverage, recruits might appreciate other teams to root for.  It seems like other schools the football players root for their fellow female teams. 

• Wuerffel4Pres and gator_tom like this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#35 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

Virginia had just beaten UNC by double digits and held them in the 40's not too long ago.

I don't really see why they would lose by almost 30 to our basketball team, which had lost 3 of its last 4, including 2 to Vandy. 

Very weird, in my opinion. That's why it's hard to get into this sport. 

Maybe --- just maybe ---- it's not the sport you are having trouble getting into -- perhaps it's the team!

#36 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

All coverage is good coverage, recruits might appreciate other teams to root for.  It seems like other schools the football players root for their fellow female teams. 

Do you remember when Spurrier insisted his players at Florida attend the Lady Gators and their games?  He told the team "they support us, we are going to support them" -- and they did!

• mtn2top likes this

#37 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

If the above is true - STOP POSTING. 

NO ONE HERE BELIEVES YOU ARE A GATOR FAN - NO ONE.

So respect the decision of the board. 

NO ONE BELIEVES YOU ARE NOT A NOLE HOMER, SLOBBERING ALL OF JIMBO'S (Gee -Jimbo, isn't that a bit redneck, but redneck is OK if it helps the Noles, right nolie?) APPLE STEM.

IN CASE YOU CAN'T HEAR ME

NO ONE BELIEVE YOU LIKE THE GATORS - NO ONE. 

#38 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

I don't know why y'all don't just block the guy.  Be done with it. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#39 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

I knew it was over about halfway through the first period. We simply have more talent.  It was also the intensity Florida played at for the entire game.  Our deeper bench maintained the pace until their starters were exhausted and could not keep up.  Virginia's bench was a non-factor.

How sweet it is!  Gators are Sweet 16 bound and peaking at the right time.

does anyone on here know how good Wisconsins bench is?  That seems to be the Gators strong point.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users