• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Mac has said it. Stricklin has said it. Dooley has said it. 

Now Nussmeier was echoing it in that interview posted on the Gatorsports home page today. It's pretty obvious the UAA communications dorks like Steve McClain decided to make the "19 in 2" talking point a cornerstone of their propaganda this offseason.  

The problem is that this fan base isn't stupid. The first question we're going to ask in response to that meaningless stat is: "Of the 19 wins, who did you beat?" 

Ranking those wins, you'd probably have to say that luck job against LSU this past year was the best given the circumstances, then Ole Miss in 2015 just based on their ranking (even though they turned the ball over 4 or 5 times and basically just gifted us that game after their emotional win in Tuscaloosa...), followed by....what?....2015 Tennessee (another miracle)? 

So, out of 19 wins, 2 or 3 were significant? 

Look how many of those wins came against SEC East cellar-dwellers and mid-majors.

It's just insulting for them to try to shove some random number down our throats without any context. 

#2 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

It isn't a random number. We ACTUALLY won 19 games the last two years. 

No one here expects a crimiNOLE to understand. 

Ignore the orange trolls :ignore:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#3 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

It isn't a random number. We ACTUALLY won 19 games the last two years.

It's a meaningless number without context. Muschamp had a similar total after his first two seasons. Any coach at Florida will have a certain padded number of wins due to 1.) the higher number of conference doormats in the East division and 2.) the number of mid major scrubs we schedule to fill out our schedule. This year will mark the first time we've left the state for a regular season non conference game since Syracuse in the early 90's.

Telling me you've won 19 games without any further context insults my intelligence and offends me as a fan.

#4 oxs uncle

oxs uncle

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Against an LSU team the Gators were completely outmanned and run over between the 20s yet our crippled defense stopped them time after time between the 20's. On the last drive Joseph hit their quarterback so hard, its a wonder he lived. We stuffed the LSU back him at the 1/2 yard line. Lsu's  back ran the wrong way. This is an an excuse. If the back had run the right way, that would have been stuffed too. Nothing was available on my TV screen. I have never been prouder of the Gators! It killed the Vols. Appleby dropped the bomb.

Lof, take a walk on the wild side.

#5 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

It's a meaningless number without context. Muschamp had a similar total after his first two seasons. Any coach at Florida will have a certain padded number of wins due to 1.) the higher number of conference doormats in the East division and 2.) the number of mid major scrubs we schedule to fill out our schedule. This year will mark the first time we've left the state for a regular season non conference game since Syracuse in the early 90's.

Telling me you've won 19 games without any further context insults my intelligence and offends me as a NOLE fan.

I fixed it for you. I am a stickler for correct details........

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#6 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

This year will mark the first time we've left the state for a regular season non conference game since Syracuse in the early 90's.

BFD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users