Close Open
Close Open
Photo

The fact that Spurrier is being sent out on the speaking tour shows this program is stuck in the past

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

There used to be a joke circulating back in the 80's and early 90's:

"What do Bama fans and maggots have in common?....Both can live off a dead bear for 20 years." Ba-dum-ching. 

We used to make fun of their "stuck-in-the-past" ways while we were innovating and leading the conference with the Fun'n'Gun. 

It appears now, though, that the tables have turned and we've become just as mired in the past as they were. Why is Spurrier being sent out to speak to the fans? He's said himself many times that he isn't involved in the coaching of this team on a day-to-day basis. I fail to see his relevance or any worthwhile insight he could possibly offer?

This is nothing more than a UAA marketing ploy to tug at the heart-strings of the fan base and conjure up the positive, nostalgic emotions that we associate with the 90's. Sorry, but it's 2017. No one gives a sh-t about Spurrier or the 90's right now - those that do can go read his book. Instead, we want to know who is going to save us at QB and whether we can avoid an 8th straight year of garbage offense. 

It offends me and insults my intelligence that the UAA thinks it can just roll out the ol' Ball Coach and I'll magically overlook and forgive the dumpster fire currently raging in the program. Coach Hee Haw shouldn't be allowed to hide behind our past glory - make him stand up there and answer the difficult questions. 

#2 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

People want to see Spurrier. He will always be a suprerstar to Gator fans. Mac is also going out also, and Srticklin and White. 

No one here expects you, a nole, to understand. 

NO ONE. 

Ignore the orange trolls :ignore:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#3 stephenpe55

stephenpe55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

Sorry, but it's 2017. No one gives a sh-t about Spurrier or the 90's right now  

No real gator fan would ever type or say those words.  SOS made UF a household name in the 90s.  He  Had ALL SEC fan bases begging their schools to hire someone with his skills.  He was the standard.  And not only that he buried all the ghosts of the past, ended all the bad shT regarding UGA and won six of the titles we had never gotten in the previous 80s years.  I can flat guarantee you those clubs will be over flowing when the ball coach shows up and none of them will feel insulted when he starts talking.  Your pretense of being a gator fan wears thin after awhile.  I admit you are good at it but we all see through it.  

• mtn2top likes this

#4 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

What an idiot!!!  One of the most legenday college coaches EVER and this fool doesn't think we should use him?  There isn't a college player, or prospect, in this nation who doesn't know who Steve Spurrier is.  We have the tool, use it!

Lacie, crawl back in that hole you came out of.  It's still winter!

• mtn2top likes this

#5 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

By the way Lacie, we have NOT done what the Bama fans have done. 

Are you really as stupid as you sound, or is it just an act?  I believe you are really that stupid.

#6 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Here are the first ten or so signs of Aspbergers snydrome that  brainbalancecenters.com  lists.

Yall let me know if it reminds you of anyone:

-difficulty making friends 

-engages in one-sided, long-winded conversations, without noticing if the listener is still listening or trying to change the subject

-displays unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures

-does not empathize with or seems insensitive to others’ feelings and has a hard time “reading” other people or may have difficulty understanding humor

-doesn’t understand the give-and-take of conversation or engage in “small talk”

-seems egocentric or self-absorbed
-may speak in a voice that is monotone, rigid, jerky or unusually fast
-may be extremely literal or have difficulty understanding the nuances of language, despite having a good vocabulary
-may have an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects (DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING My alarm bell is certainly going off after seeing that one!)
-may strongly prefer repetitive routines or rituals and becomes upset at any small changes
-may memorize information and facts easily, especially information related to a topic of interest

#7 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

How many guess's do we get?  Never mind, I can name that tune in ONE note!

The funny thing is that we have a former coach who holds his alma mater in such high esteem that he is willing to assist.  Not one other school in the state can say the same thing.  Robert Bowden might have, but the fools fired him.

#8 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

Lawrence, you're being blasphemous. Visor Boy Steve Spurrier to Tennessee fans is abiding icon of lizardness. We hate Spurrier with a passion that dwarfs Urban Meyer. That should tell you rivals equate Spurrier with the University of Florida to the end of time. 

How could anyone view that smirking conceited ugly face and not think of jorts and cheering Gator fans. 

http://coacheshotsea...lorida81181.jpg

• WernerIsTentative and mtn2top like this

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#9 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

Lawrence, you're being blasphemous. Visor Boy Steve Spurrier to Tennessee fans is abiding icon of lizardness. We hate Spurrier with a passion that dwarfs Urban Meyer. That should tell you rivals will equate Spurrier with the University of Florida to the end of time. 

How could anyone view that smirking conceited ugly face and not think of jorts and cheering Gator fans. 

SteveSpurreirFlorida81181.jpg

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#10 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

LOF is so predictable.... it's past being tired and worn. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users