• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

Gators lackluster performance in second half send them reeling into 2nd place in SEC standings.

Barry had 3 points going 1 of 5 from the floor and 1 of 4 from 3 point range. He wasn't able to get to the charity line. Back-up centers netted zero points and one rebound in 13 minutes of play.

#2 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Did Ut make the NCAA tournament?? Keeping my fingers crossed!

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#3 WernerIsTentative

WernerIsTentative

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

That was a tough fought game for sure. I think Egbunu being out for the season really showed in that game. Kevarrius (spelling?) looked really tired in the second half and I think it hurts his defense when he is always trying to avoid fouls. I thought we had a good shot at a final four run a couple of weeks ago... but with no Egbunu I dont think we can go further than the sweet 16 or elite 8, and I would be happy with either of those results.

I find it weird that a Tennessee fan would bring up (mens) basketball. This is a pretty good year for us, but not great... yet, we are still doing way better than Tennessee's team, and we beat them earlier in the year already. If Tennessee was having the season we are having it might be the best season they have ever had in basketball... ironic that they try to talk about our losses.

• Gator2222 and dfwgator like this

#4 gator67

gator67

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

The Gators have actually moved up to 12 in the AP poll this week, which shows that losing to KY in Lexington is hardly a terrible loss. Their offense was not clicking all that well against KY, even though Allen and Leon were pretty good on that end of the court. Of course, the ability of Adebayo to dominate inside, without Egbunu to challenge him, was a major problem. And once Monk got going, there may not be a defender in college basketball who could have stopped him. It certainly didn't help that Hill and Chiozza were trying to guard him with four fouls during the last part of the game.

The next two games will be pivotal in determining how the Gators are seeded in the tourney. They need to put the last game behind them and focus on a hot Arkansas team coming into Gville on Wednesday. If they do, I like their chances.

#5 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

Took you long enough to collect enough 'shine generated courage.  'Cocks 82, wait for it, wait for it, wait, wait,                               TROLLS 55.

One or two more straining grunts and the voles will be out of the colon and hitting the cesspool.

#6 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

That was a tough fought game for sure. I think Egbunu being out for the season really showed in that game. Kevarrius (spelling?) looked really tired in the second half and I think it hurts his defense when he is always trying to avoid fouls. I thought we had a good shot at a final four run a couple of weeks ago... but with no Egbunu I dont think we can go further than the sweet 16 or elite 8, and I would be happy with either of those results.

I find it weird that a Tennessee fan would bring up (mens) basketball. This is a pretty good year for us, but not great... yet, we are still doing way better than Tennessee's team, and we beat them earlier in the year already. If Tennessee was having the season we are having it might be the best season they have ever had in basketball... ironic that they try to talk about our losses.

Tennessee fans have a lot in common with FSU fans. They don't give a damn if their team loses as long as the Gators lose. It's a basic character deficiency. But, then again, the Tennessee fans have so little to cheer about that you can hardly hold it against them. You have to show them some pity, or not.

• gator_tom likes this

#7 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Think suwaneegaturd is lost in the 50's again and needs help wiping his arse.

#8 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Unfortunately we're going to wind up wondering "What could have been?"   if Egbunu didn't get hurt.

#9 ccnabors

ccnabors

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

L9l this coming from the Vols who lost to Vanderbilt in basketball and football.

#10 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Did anyone else see the article about Michigan's athletic department is in the hole to the tune of $240 million?  But!!!  The students are behind them and according to USA Today:

"Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan football team may be off to Italy this spring thanks to an anonymous donor footing the bill, but that doesn't mean the athletic department as a whole is just as lucky.

The university's athletic department is currently $240 million in debt, according to Bill Shea of Crain's."

"Beginning in 2019, Michigan will be making $20 million a year in debt payments, before dropping to $15.7 million in 2022 and continuing at that number until 2036."

Since Harbaugh is one of Lacy of Florida's favorite people, and our AD and his department is "one of the worst in the nation", she will enjoy reading about how a real AD acts.

• gator_tom likes this

#11 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

Florida moved to #12.  There is only one other SEC school in the top 25 - Kentucky.  We ranked five higher than half assed u and 13 higher than meami.

Not bad, not bad at all!

#12 gator_tom

gator_tom

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Tough loss. They will rebound. 

Ignore the orange trolls :ignore:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#13 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Gators lackluster performance in second half send them reeling into 2nd place in SEC standings.
Barry had 3 points going 1 of 5 from the floor and 1 of 4 from 3 point range. He wasn't able to get to the charity line. Back-up centers netted zero points and one rebound in 13 minutes of play.

Another loss for the Vols. Against LSU? Really? LSU? Enjoy another losing basketball season with your washed up burned out coach in Rick Barnes. Awesome how you Vols fans ran Cuonzo Martin out of town while he may possibly lead Cal into the big dance.

#14 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Didn't HBC leave this world?

#15 gator_tom

gator_tom

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

9ab780f97204b194526940f88e649c99.jpg

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#16 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

yep, TOM is a closet _____________.  You fill in the blank

#17 gator_tom

gator_tom

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

russ-berrie-baby-troll-with-orange-hair-

#18 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Tom is saying he is a closet troll...hmmm.....ok....makes sense from a UF employee

#19 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Vols lost to UGA again

#20 gator_tom

gator_tom

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

those loses are piling up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users