• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

Please LOF go away ... do us all a favor.

• gator_tom likes this

#22 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

that was one of the more fun games to watch in a while

Kasey Hill has elevated his game big time and it's fun to see

• mtn2top and Gator2222 like this

#23 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

We're winning by 20-30 points.  Still it seems we need to uncork more offense.  The defensive focus is outstanding and leading the way. 

I don't know how these guys do it each week with preparation and energy for two games.  After a historic win over UK at home, they need to shift focus to the upstart Bulldogs. 

#24 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Not when Pat Dooley has been blathering on via his podcasts about how we should care so much about the tournament and all these other spring sports; trying to guilt trip the football-first crowd into embracing the poisonous "everything school" mantra. 

No thanks. 

I hope we miss the tournament just to spite him. He has a 30 minute podcast each week and spends over half of it discussing a basketball team no one cares about. Where is the inside info about the coaching hires? Where is the news about which QB has taken command? These are things we care about. Not softball, basketball, gymnastics, tennis, etc. 

a lot of us care about basketball.  Dude, if you don't like it just be quiet.  

• mtn2top likes this

#25 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

You keep calling me a Nole, 2222, but you know what? I actually do kind of hope FSU wins the basketball tournament, college world series, and football playoff this upcoming year just to put an exclamation mark on how badly the UAA's philosophy has failed us. 

Statistically, it's obviously unlikely. However, it's theoretically possible given their basketball team should be top 10 heading into the tournament, their baseball team is pre-season #2, and their football team should be pre-season top 2 or 3. 

I would laugh so hard at those idiots in the UAA, who constantly bombard us with the "everything school" propaganda and hold up that 2006-2007 football/basketball run as some sacrosanct achievement, if the Noles somehow pulled off a "triple crown" and shoved it in our face. 

That's how much bitterness and hatred I have toward our leadership right now. Speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Welcome to my ignore list. The site will be much more enjoyable without your lame fsu drivel. 

Ignore the orange trolls :ignore:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by orange54. View it anyway? :nono:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Alvin York. View it anyway? :nono:<p>

#26 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

honestly LOF sometimes adds insight but sometimes I'm just like dude shut up.  He honestly only likes football.. cool but you can't hate on the forum for the people that like all sports.  

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this

#27 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

I refuse to watch this game, but I was at the bar of a restaurant and it happened to be on one of the TV's. I was watching the Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament on the TV next to it, so it was unfortunately within my field of vision.

Even though mentally I couldn't care less, I saw a snippet where a Kentucky player was shooting free throws and noticed there were 10-12 Kentucky fans clapping when he made it in the stands behind the basket. I hope Big Blue Nation enjoys all the renovations we made for them. 

Also have to wonder why our fan base wears orange against UK in basketball when they know Cat fans will be wearing blue and take over the arena. The all-orange just makes the takeover stand out more...if they just wore the normal smattering of orange and blue, then it would be harder to tell where exactly all the Cat fans were vs. our fans.

Lawrence, unlike most people on this board, I don't think you're an imposter, troll or undercover nole fan, I think you're a damn snowflake! Why aren't you out protesting, rioting, burning and looting like the rest of your ilk are doing?

• DrthG8r likes this

#28 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

What the Hell is Exactech Arena?

Yeah...real big basketball fans we have. 99% of Gator Nation watched their first game of the season last night. 

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for playing right into the deceptive UAA's hands by hyping this basketball win at a time when we should be b*tching long and hard about this assistant coaching travesty that just occurred. This is exactly what they want you to do. 

#29 dw74l

dw74l

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

What the Hell is Exactech Arena?

Yeah...real big basketball fans we have. 99% of Gator Nation watched their first game of the season last night. 

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for playing right into the deceptive UAA's hands by hyping this basketball win at a time when we should be b*tching long and hard about this assistant coaching travesty that just occurred. This is exactly what they want you to do. 

Florida has tons of money.  Basketball has nothing to do with the problem.  If you want a real issue how about the $ wasted on stupid sports.  The basketball program actually brings in $, I don't think you're thinking this through.

#30 mkfgator

mkfgator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Why would he feel good about a Gator win? Lawrence is a troll.

The funniest part is he thinks he  has everyone fooled. He doesn't want the Gators to get into the tournament  because of Pat Dooley's blathering  or some kind of weird  hypocrisy? Yea, like there were thousands of Gator fans who wanted the Gators to lose in every sport as some  form of protest against a war ? This is more  of a psychological red headed step child syndrome for Noles fans like LOF. The one thing about the Noles  they will never forget   is the 52-20  victory we had against them in the biggest game of all in the series. It was so important and such a dividing line over the  value of each program that it's as if none of the other games counted or even existed. That game will always stand by itself and will always haunt the Noles as the one game where they got beat  by their biggest rival in the biggest  game on national TV by 32 points! It's like witnessing an atomic explosion and never being able to get it out of your head. They have it tough  so sometimes they have to do stuff  to help them  get through it. I feel sorry for those folks.

#31 stephenpe55

stephenpe55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

This was a moment in gator history.  Largest margin of victory over UK (loaded with 5 star players Parade AAs and maybe the #1 pick (Monk) in the draft.   A fla team never beat UK by this many points.  And my point.  Fla put their foot on their neck and NEVER let up.  They beat UK at their own game.  Transition BB.  They controlled the paint with a HUGE rebound margin and blocked 7 shots.  White is playing to the strengths of this team.  Quickness and depth.  Make the other team play up tempo as long as you can.  It wears a team down when you can play 10-11 players.  The def. play is how you win whenever the shots do not fall.  You can always play tough d.  Kasey and CHiozza are playing at a high level right now.  Kevarus H showed he can play against 5 stars.   This team watch Kasey Hill  sit on the bench 13 min of the first half and never blinked.  White reminds me of Billy in intensity but also in character. He does not show his azzz on the bench (cal the crier).  This team shoots the ball decently and they can hang with any team............I still like Barry coming off the bench.  He brings a different look that has to screw up the opposition.

• mtn2top, OldGatorAlum and Gator2222 like this

#32 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

LOF is claiming that UF is diverting attention from an important event.

In doing so LOF is trying to divert attention from the historic win over Kentucky by complaining about the assistant coaching hires and the administration.

LOF is trolling by claiming that UF is trolling. LOL

• Wuerffel4Pres likes this

#33 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

In Gator Basketball, the only win better than one over UK is for a national championship.  To see the Gators put the largest margin of victory ever on the Cats is the stuff of dreams. 

It's been the other way for too long. Historically, it can hardly be called a basketball rivalry between the two schools.  Kentucky has put many double-digit beatings on Florida. Just winning has been difficult enough for UF.  For Florida to win like this was extraordinary. 

Kudos to the Rowdy Reptiles for representing on national television.  Loved the opening 3-d light show using the court!

I was especially happy for senior Casey Hill who had his best game as a Gator.  He led the team in every way.  The contrast between a bunch of talented players against a unified team was stark.  

Mike White has the program right back at a high competitive level in a smooth transition from the Billy Donovan era.  Coach White's style could be characterized as 'Billy Ball on steroids' with intense defense, focus on rebounding and reliance on outside shooting.

Now we're beginning to see some signs of offensive life from the Gators inside game with Egbunu and Hayes.  As good as Florida is playing, that's a dimension of the offense that could be more productive. 

• OldGatorAlum and Gator2222 like this

#34 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

I agree with  mtn2top with perhaps one difference. I believe that White would like to have more of an inside game, and has apparently at times emphasized getting the ball into the low post, but Egbunu and Hayes need to improve offensively for this to become a major part of the offense. He's doing an excellent job of taking advantage of the Gators' current strengths.

#35 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

Everyone seems to be on cloud nine with this overrated win versus a Kentucky team battling the flu. Even Pat Dooley said in his podcast today that he senses Gator Nation has fallen in love with the team again after breaking-up with them when they lost to Vanderbilt. 

The problem is, I'm seeing this as the high point and it's all downhill from here. I have Florida Basketball losing 5 of its next 6:

@UGA - L

Texas A&M - W

@Auburn - L

@Miss St - L

South Car - L

@UK - L

Hopefully that would be enough to keep us out of the tournament and we can get back to discussing important football issues. Pat had a 30 minute podcast today and less than 5 minutes was spent on football - only a small snippet about recruiting results. Nothing about the puzzling assistant coaching hires, other than a side comment regarding NFL pensions and how that may have affected Stoutland (although wouldn't his pension timeline have been known from the very beginning? Seems like a weak excuse). Very frustrating.

#36 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

Everyone seems to be on cloud nine with this overrated win versus a Kentucky team battling the flu. Even Pat Dooley said in his podcast today that he senses Gator Nation has fallen in love with the team again after breaking-up with them when they lost to Vanderbilt. 

The problem is, I'm seeing this as the high point and it's all downhill from here. I have Florida Basketball losing 5 of its next 6:

@UGA - L

Texas A&M - W

@Auburn - L

@Miss St - L

South Car - L

@UK - L

Hopefully that would be enough to keep us out of the tournament and we can get back to discussing important football issues. Pat had a 30 minute podcast today and less than 5 minutes was spent on football - only a small snippet about recruiting results. Nothing about the puzzling assistant coaching hires, other than a side comment regarding NFL pensions and how that may have affected Stoutland (although wouldn't his pension timeline have been known from the very beginning? Seems like a weak excuse). Very frustrating.

Dude, you should spend this evening with a bottle of Chianti and a HD pic of Jimbo. Don't forget the lube

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#37 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like GatorurforTENN has a man crave!!

#38 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Sounds like GatorurforTENN has a man crave!!

The **** is a man crave?

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#39 orange54

orange54

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

watch out LOF, back up slowly

#40 stephenpe55

stephenpe55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

@

UGA - L

Texas A&M - W

@Auburn - L

@Miss St - L

South Car - L

@UK - L

How did tat work out for your lof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users